Chapter 21: Hoseok

JeongkukV

“So what kind of game are we playing?” Hoseok asked as him and the rest of the boys were walking towards the roof of the apartments. “I don’t know, but Namjoon hyung said it was manager hyungs ideas.” Jimin said while hugging onto Jeongkuk’s arm. Hoseok noticed that Jimin was awfully handsy with Jeongkuk but just brushed it off as normal Jimin.

When the boys reached the roof top, they noticed that everyone from management was there. They stopped and looked at everything confused. “Namjoon hyung, what is this?” Hoseok asked while looking around the roof top.

“PD-nim and manager hyungs thought it would be good for us to let out some stress by playing this game.” Namjoon said. “What game?” Jeongkuk asked, titling his head to the side.

“This game.” Suga said while pointing to the billboard looking thing that was on the roof. “It’s called ‘Open up your heart’ game. One person at a time is going to go up there and yell out all the stresses that they have pent up. It can be either directed to one person or the whole group.” Namjoon added.

“Does it have to be complaints or can it be confessions too?” Hoseok asked. “Ohhh, confessions?” Namjoon said, “That’s even better. Let’s do both, one complaint and one confession.” Hoseok nodded and grinned to himself. “Can I go last then?” Hoseok asked, getting approval from everyone. Hoseok had the perfect plan.

“Ok, let’s start the game.” PD-nim said, “Suga, how about you go first?”

Suga went up and complained about how PD-nim promised him that he didn’t need to learn how to dance and confessed that he borrowed Jeongkuk’s underwear. Everyone laughed and applauded Suga. And this continued on until it was down to the last two: Namjoon and Hoseok.

Namjoon went up and complained about how everyone blamed him for breaking things, even if it wasn’t his fault. He confessed that he always envied Jimin for his amazing dance moves. Again laughs were exchanged.

It was now Hoseok’s turn and he let out a long sigh, starting to get a little nervous. He went up. “I’m Hoseok!” he greeted with his bubbly self. “I want to complain to manager hyungs,” Hoseok said while turning to them, “Remember the time when I said I wanted bulgogi for lunch and you packed it for lunch. Well I ate it happily. And then the next day it was the same, but I ate it happily. It was fine, I was glad that you got what I want, but after 3 weeks for the same food is much. Every day for 3 weeks was bulgogi and you didn’t think to change the menu?” Hoseok complained, making everyone burst into laughter and agreement.

“Sorry Hoseok, we’ll try our best to switch up your lunches.” Manager hyungs apologized. Hoseok laughed and then let out a sigh, “Ok, and as for my confession,” Hoseok swallowed, his bubbly self-becoming calm, “I uh I uh I want to uh.” Hoseok stuttered out. Everyone went quiet and listened intensely to Hoseok, knowing that this was an odd behavior coming from him. Hoseok could feel his cheeks become warm, he let out a final breath, “I want to confess that I’m in love with Park Jimin!” Hoseok yelled out.

Everyone was still quiet but gradually started applauding and cheering. Hoseok smiled widely. He looked over to Jimin, where everyone was patting his back. Hoseok shot a heart over to Jimin but noticed that Jimin wasn’t smiling. Instead his face was stern and almost angry. Jimin swatted everyone away and walked out of the roof.

“Hyung, where are you going?” Jeongkuk yelled out as he chased after Jimin. Hoseok’s smile faded into frown. He could feel tears well up in his eyes and his body give out. He kneeled to the ground and wiped the tears from his eyes. He felt a hand rubbing his back. He looked up to see Jin, comforting him, “I’m sorry Hoseok.” Jin said softly. Hoseok shook his head and tried to smile, “No, it was a stupid idea anyways,” He said before looking at the spot where Jimin stood before leaving, “I’m so stupid.”

 

Because i haven't updated in ages, here's two chapters for y'all. Enjoy :)