Chapter 5: Hoseok

JeongkukV

Yay! First Hoseok chapter~

 

“Hey guys, oh what? Why didn’t you get us ice cream?” Hoseok greeted TaeHyung and Jeongkuk, who he and his band members ditched for food. TaeHyung gave Hoseok a snooty remark, causing him to go quiet. Embarrassed and slight bit guilty, Hoseok went to go sit by himself in the living room. He was calmly sitting on the couch, looking through his phone when Jimin came and joined him. Hoseok looked up at smiled at him, Jimin did the same and turned the TV on. Hoseok went back to his phone but actually was gazing at Jimin from the corner of his eyes. Hoseok always had slight feelings for Jimin but it was only recently that he started to recognize these feelings. Hoseok kept watching Jimin, his heart beating at an extraordinary rate. His lips were quivering, he needs to be closer to this boy. “So Jimin, when are you going to give Jeongkuk his birthday present?” He asked, his voice a slight bit shaky, slowly moving his full gaze to Jimin. Jimin didn’t even look at Hoseok, he just shrugged. “Hey Jimin, go get Jeongkuk. Dinner is almost ready.” Jin said causing Jimin to get up and leave Hoseok. Hoseok looked at the empty spot next to him, disappointed. He felt that he never got have a real conversation with Jimin. Either Jimin is always practicing, or he is with Jeongkuk. Hoseok would be lying if he said that he wasn’t jealous of Jeongkuk, so he isn’t. Hoseok already told Suga about his feelings for Jimin, Suga being the closet to Hoseok. Hoseok was grateful that Suga accepted him with an open mind and has been understanding. Hoseok kept staring at the empty spot that use to occupy Jimin, hoping that maybe he would come back. “Hey!” Hoseok snapped out of his trans, “Dinner’s ready.” Suga said to Hoseok, hovering over him. Hoseok chuckled at himself as he got up next to Suga. Suga grinned at him, “Thinking about Jimin?” he teased Hoseok in a whisper. “Shut up.” Hoseok said, playfully punching Suga’s arm. They both sat at the table. They assumed their regular spots, Hoseok’s seat was directly across from Jimin, giving him a clear upfront view of the younger boy’s face. Hoseok saw Jimin already at the table looking distressed, “Hey you alright?” Hoseok asked while taking his seat across from Jimin. Jimin looked up at him and then back down at his plate, completing avoiding Hoseok’s question, Hoseok just pursued his lips together and went quiet. He wasn’t sure as what to do, he is the mother of the group, but he doesn’t want to pester someone into telling him something. Through the whole dinner, Hoseok could tell that something was off with Jimin, but he couldn’t pin point what it was. They were eating dinner when Namjoon brought up the gift that Jimin got for Jeongkuk. Hoseok watched as Jeongkuk tried to pull his aegyo charm onto Jimin. Hoseok gritted his teeth as he watched with envy, I can do better aegyo than that, his thought raged in his head. Jimin pinched Jeongkuk’s cheek, causing Hoseok to lose it. His jealousy made him lose his appetite. Once Jimin and Jeongkuk left, Hoseok got up and put his dishes away irritably, but trying his best not to make it obvious to the others that he was upset. After rinsing his dishes, he went into his room and sunk into his bed. He rubbed his eyes, trying to stop tears from forming. There was a small knock on the door, Hoseok sighed as he slowly sat up, “Come in.” He said in a quiet voice. The door creaked open slowly and Suga was standing there, “Why’d you storm off like that after dinner?” Suga asked, concerned about his friend. Hoseok sat hunched at the edge of his bed, he put his hands over his face and groaned, “Did I make it that obvious?” he sighed. Suga laughed, “Well only to me. Everyone else is oblivious.” He said, closing the door behind him, trying to comfort Hoseok. He sat next to Hoseok and put an arm around his friend’s shoulder, pulling him close. He patted his shoulder, “You feeling alright?” Suga asked, his voice inviting yet stern. Hoseok sighed, “No. I’m not feeling alright.” “Care to tell me what’s up?” Hoseok loosened himself from Suga’s grip so that he could position himself face to face with Suga, “I’m- I’m jealous of Jeongkuk.” Hoseok mumbled out. Suga couldn’t help but crack a smile, “And why is that?” Hoseok took a deep breathe, “Jimin and him spend so much time together and they’re so close, it’s just not fair,” Hoseok confessed, “I mean, we all spend a good amount of time together at dance practices, but after, Jimin always wants to be with Jeongkuk. Even if we have dance practice and it’s supposed to be just him and me, he is always asking when Jeongkuk is coming or where Jeongkuk is. It’s just, it just not fair.” Hoseok said the last part quietly, almost at the verge of crying. Hoseok looked up at Suga with watery eyes, Suga nodded but then shook his head, “Hoseok, I understand how you must feel right now and you probably don’t want to hear this but stop being such a whinny baby.” Hoseok gasped at Suga’s comment and froze up right in his spot. “I’m sorry, that’s not the most useful thing to say right now, but this is, so listen carefully. Hoseok, as much as I care about you, I can’t keep holding your hand through this. You need to take action and assert yourself to Jimin. I’m not saying that he likes you and I’m not saying to confess your feelings to him immediately, I just want you to make an effort in trying to get closer to him. Have some confidence, man.” Suga said, patting Hoseok’s back, “Plan something with him. And don’t show that you’re jealous. Just because the boys are oblivious now doesn’t mean that won’t catch on.” Hoseok looked at his hands, trying to take in everything that Suga had said to him. “Promise that you’ll do that?” Suga said whiling holding out his pinky. Hoseok looked at him with a weak smiled and nodded, wrapping his own pinky around Suga’s, “I’ll try.” Suga smiled warmly at Hoseok, “That’s all I ask for.” Suga patted Hoseok on the back before leaving his room. Hoseok laid back down on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He closed his eyes and took in deep breathes, “You can do this Hoseok, starting tomorrow. I believe in you.” He said to himself out loud before eventually falling asleep.

 

i didn't realize that i changed the font, i hope that nobody minds. Heh sorry ^~^