Chapter 19: Jimin

JeongkukV

 

 

“The party is for congratulating TaeHyung and Jeongkuk on becoming a couple.” Jimin’s eye went wide as his body froze. Before he could utter a response, the door to the practice room opened, “SURPRISE!” everyone cheered. Jimin slowly turned his head to see TaeHyung and Jeongkuk standing at the door. Everyone rushed over to them to give them hugs. Jimin could feel Hoseok dragging him over to the couple but his body was moving slowly. Jimin still wasn’t processing what Hoseok just told him, “No, they can’t be a couple. Jeongkuk and I are supposed to be together.” Jimin thought to himself, his eyes staring at the ground. “Minnie hyung!” Jimin slowly lifted his head to see Jeongkuk pouncing him for a hug, “Thank you, thank you!” Jeongkuk gushed, his grip around Jimin tight. Jimin loosely wrapped his arms around Jeongkuk and patted his back, “You’re welcome.” He said softly, his eyes b with tears. Jeongkuk gave his hyung one last smile before joining the others.

 

                Jimin continued to stand there, staring down at the ground. His hands were clenched into tight fists. He lifted his eyes from the ground and locked them right onto to TaeHyung. He clenched his teeth tightly, grinding them against each other. “You don’t deserve him TaeHyung. He deserves better.” Jimin whispered to himself, his eyes vigilantly watching TaeHyung. TaeHyung looked over at Jimin and smiled, waving at him. Jimin didn’t return him a smile or a wave; he just continued to glare at him. TaeHyung’s smile faded as he slowly put down his hand, making Jimin smirk. But Jeongkuk ran over and TaeHyung a tight hug, nuzzling his cheek against his boyfriend, wiping the smirk straight off of Jimin’s face. Jimin’s heart almost stopped, as his vision got blurry. He was overcome with jealousy. He could have exploded any minute. He kept glaring at the new couple when Suga snapped him out of his daze. “Hey Jimin, why are you over there by yourself? Come over here!” Suga hollered at him, motioning him to come over. Jimin sighed and dragged his feet over to the mass. His head hung low. Now that he was closer to TaeHyung and Jeongkuk, he couldn’t bear to look at them.

                The party continued on and everyone was playing games or asking the new couple questions. Everyone was laughing and having a good time, everyone except Jimin. Jimin sat, arms crossed, in one of the chairs and watched them, keeping a close eye on TaeHyung. “This isn’t right, this is all wrong.” Jimin said to himself before taking a sip of his drink. “What’s all wrong?” a voice asked, startling Jimin, making him almost drop his cup. Jimin looked behind him and saw that the voice was Hoseok. Jimin rolled his eyes, “You almost made me drop my cup hyung.” Jimin complained before turning his attention back to TaeHyung. Hoseok chuckled, pulling a chair next to Jimin. Hoseok examined Jimin and followed where his eyes were looking. Jimin heard Hoseok snicker and turned his glare at him, “What?” Jimin asked harshly. Hoseok kept snickering, “Are you jealous of TaeHyung and maknae?” Hoseok asked, trying hard to stifle his laughter. “Aishi hyung, don’t be like that.” Jimin said, crossing his arms and looking forward. “Aww poor Minnie,” Hoseok cooed, wrapping an arm around Jimin’s shoulder, “I’m sure you’ll find a girl soon,” Hoseok said, “Or a boy.” He added, cracking himself up. “Hyung!” Jimin gasped, making Hoseok laugh even harder. Jimin rolled his eyes, “You’re so childish.” Jimin muttered before standing up and heading to the door. “Hey where are you going?” Namjoon called out. Jimin turned around, “I’m kind of tired, I was thinking of heading home.” Jimin said innocently, getting a nod from everyone.

                Jimin started walking home by himself, appreciating the quiet. Appreciating that he didn’t have to look at TaeHyung and Jeongkuk cuddle with each other anymore. As Jimin walked home, thoughts were racing through his head. He thought of Jeongkuk and TaeHyung together, he thought of Jeongkuk and him being together, and then he thought of how much better of a boyfriend he could be for Jeongkuk. Tears were rolling down his cheeks without him even realizing. “I hate you TaeHyung, I’d be a better boyfriend for Jeongkuk than you.” Jimin said to himself as he wiped his tears away. Jimin stopped in his tracks, his tears making it impossible for him to see. He kept crying and cursing at TaeHyung. As Jimin continued to wipe his tears away, a cynical thought popped into his head. His tears stopped as a cynical smirk replaced them. “I can be a better boyfriend,” he said to himself, “Watch out TaeHyung, Jeon Jeongkuk will be mine.”

SOrry for not updating often. i have been pretty busy with school and trying to finish college apps :(