Chapter Eight

Accidentally in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah, what are you looking at?"

Changmin turned around as he heard Sooyoung's voice. He saw her walked indignantly towards him. "The corkboard. Obviously."

"Just can't keep your nose out of other people's business eh?"

He rolled his eyes and said flatly.
"Well if you really don't want other people to look at this, lock it up in a closet or something."

The girl did not say anything but she walked near him. Said girl crossed her arms, leaned against the wall, and closed her eyes.

"Go on. Ask."
"Ask what?"

She opened her eyes and scoffed at him.
"Ask that 'if the sun is the center of the solar system, what is the cause of meningococcemia?"

Changmin stared at her blankly.

"DUH. I know you want to ask something. Go on."
"I don't have anything to ask."
"Yeah, whatever. Spill it out nosy boy."

Changmin shook his head lazily and he put his left hand against the wall - barely an inch from the tall girl's head.

"I said..." He looked right into her eyes.

"...I. Don't. Have."
He leaned closer for every syllable he uttered until his face is only a few inches away from hers.
"... Anything. To. Ask."

Sooyoung, trapped between Changmin's ridiculously long limb to her right, and the stupid corkboard on her left, tried sliding herself down with her back still against the wall. But then her knees hit the boy's knees and Changmin realized the awkwardness of their position. He stepped back, looking flushed.

Sooyoung swore her heart did some somersaults. She had never been that close to a boy before. She looked at a blushing Changmin in front of her so she cleared and decided to speak up so as to take control over the incessant beating of her heart.

"W... well..." Her eyes widened upon hearing herself stutter. She bit her tongue before she tried again.

"Well, ifyoudonthaveanythingtoaskIwillasksomething."

"Excuse me? What?" Changmin has recovered from his shock but his eyebrows were still furrowed as he tried deciphering what she had said.
"I mean, if you don't have anything to ask, I will ask something."

He looked at her, as though assessing whether he should listen to his inquiry or not.

"It's about Siwon-oppa." Her gaze fell to the floor and Changmin swore he just saw her blush.
"OPPA?! You know each other? "

She rolled her eyes and continued talking. "How is he? He seems pretty depressed when I last saw him."

"YOU ARE SEEING EACH OTHER?! WHOA, WHOA Slow down there, Amazonian. How in... how in the world did you get to know my brother?"
"Why? Am I not allowed to know your brother? And could you zip your gigantic mouth for a second and listen to me?"

Changmin stared at her with his mouth still hanging open. He put his hands on his jeans' pockets and walked to and fro the living room.

"Since when are you friends?"
"Since forever, doofus. Why are you so worried? It's not like I'm going to kill him."

"I... I just never thought... ah, never mind!"
"Whatever. So, how is he?"

Changmin noted the gentleness on her voice when she talked about his brother. His senses must be fooling him because if he were to assess what's currently happening, it seems that this brusque, crazy, violent, Hitler-incarnate of a woman in front of him actually likes his hyung!

"Haha, wait. YOU LIKE HIM? YOU LIKE SIWON HYUNG?"

She shot her a glare and yelled a clear "DO NOT!"

"Yeah. And I'm Spongebob Squarepants." Changmin snorted. "Look, it's obvious. You have that weird dreamyslashdemented look in you. You like him don't you?"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter