Chapter Twenty-Nine

Accidentally in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wha-why are we here?”
Siwon looked so pale it seemed like all the blood was drained from his face. Tiffany noticed the lack of color on his features and the vice mayor stopped smiling.

“Oh. You don't like theme parks, oppa?” it was so casual, that question, but Siwon felt the subtle disappointment. He swallowed the huge lump on his throat and faked a smile.

“Oh, n-no. I was just surprised.” he put his hands behind his back, wiping his sweaty palms against his polo shirt. “And... curious too.”

“Oh.” Tiffany paused for a while, gathered all the courage she can ever muster and reached out to grab Siwon's hand closest to her. She then happily skipped towards the entrance gate of the theme park, all the while avoiding to look at the man beside her. “I thought I'd make it up to you since our date at the hill didn't turn out to be as enjoyable as expected.”

Date? Tiffany stopped in mid-step when the thought of what she just said stuck on her mind. Omona!
She closed her eyes and muttered a silent prayer when she felt Siwon stop walking beside her. Had she spared him a glance, she would have seen the look of disbelief quickly replaced by obvious happiness on his face.

A small gasp escaped when she felt the man hold her hand tighter. “Well, then... let's go.” Contrary to the scene a few minutes ago wherein she was leading the young man, it was now Siwon who was walking with a spring in his step, their connected hands swinging as they made their way to the gate.


Tiffany thought it was the best Saturday she ever had in her life so far. She had always been a fan of theme parks and her happiest childhood memories were that when their family spend time on amusement parks. Siwon looked lost the moment they stepped inside the made-up wonderland but the look of confusion vanished just as soon as it had come. They bought balloons and colorful headbands, ate on various food stalls, played different games, and rode the rides.

The last one probably one of the highlights of the date. They had just came out of a horror house then; her hands still shaking from the experience and Siwon looking like he's having the time of his life gazing at the scared look on her face. 

“It was all fake, Fany-ah.”
“But that slimy thing touched my arm!” her voice probably an octave higher than usual as she remembered the queasy feeling when a goo-covered prop landed on her limb. 
“You are still a scaredy-cat.” Siwon was obviously having a good time teasing her.
“I am not!” the vice mayor had her nose high in the air as she walked in front of him.

It was a good choice for her and a huge mistake for Siwon. She spotted the brightly-painted roller coaster ride on the left side of the pathway and the independent, smart vice mayor became a five year old once again.

“OPPA! LET'S RIDE THAT ONE!” she looked like a big kid jumping up and down as she excitedly pointed at the park attraction.

Upon receiving no answer, she looked back to see Siwon's face as pale as it was hours ago when he found out that they were going to spend their time in a theme park. “Oppa?”

“N-neh F-fany-ah...” the buffoon stuttered and Tiffany walked slowly towards him, her face a sporting a very mischievous look.
“Hahaha! What are the odds? You're scared of rides!”
“O-of course not!” the nervous tone stating otherwise.
“HAHAHA! Oh my! Oppa, you're really afraid of rides?” she was taunting him and he knew it.
“Of course not. Nothing is too scary for me to handle.” Siwon straightened his back and marched towards the direction of the ride. The vice-mayor laughed at the obvious denial. He was scared, of course. Too scared that he even almost left her behind. 


Tiffany laughed upon remembering what had happened afterward. They rode the skycoaster first, then the Viking, Drop Tower next, and lastly the gigantic ferris wheel. Siwon was surprisingly collected during the first few rides, screaming at the right moments and sporting a wow-that-was-scary-but-all-good expression on his face. However, it was not until their last stop that the man's strong facade gave away.

“Oppa...” Tiffany was trying hard not to laugh out loud as he nudged a trembling Siwon, his hand holding tightly on hers and his face buried against her arm. “The rides are scarier.”
“I-I told you I'm not scared of rides.”
“But everything looks better from up here. Look, the lights are opening one by one.” the vice-mayor shifted in her seat as she pointed excitedly at the view, causing the passenger car to shake slightly and Siwon to start praying loudly.
“F-Fany! D-don't move!”
“Oppa~~~” she used her best aegyo tone to shake the man off her arm but he just tightened his grip all the more.
“I'm afraid of heights!” Siwon gave in and blurted his secret. 
The peal of laughter coming from the girl's throat made him look up from his cowering position. “Y-yah, why are you making fun of m-me?”
“I am not.” she giggled before continuing. “But, look at the view below. It will be a waste if you won't look at it.” 
Siwon threw her an anxious look before sparing a glance at where she was pointing. It was a mere nanosecond before he buried himself again on her arm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter