Chapter Thirty-Three

Accidentally in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung woke up to a beautiful Tuesday morning with the sound of birds chirping outside the glass windows and streams of sunlight pooling near the foot of the bed, bathing her lower limbs in a bright, warm glow.

"Wait..."

The window in my room is adjacent to my side of the bed; not on the foot of it. She tried to familiarize herself with the surroundings; the paneled walls, the carpeted floor... I'm in the living room? She sat up immediately upon the realization but was prevented from doing so by something that seemed securely strapped to her waist. She propped her elbow on the floor for support, her eyes traveling down her torso to the 'thing' which turned out to be Shim Changmin's arm.

And like the steady line of sunbeams cascading through the glass windows, memories of the previous night sank on her brain.

"Oh. I must have fallen asleep while he was singing."

She looked at the boy who was sleeping soundly amidst the lack of comfortability the floor offered. Her gaze softened when she saw that all the cushions were gathered on her make-shift bed and he was lying on the carpeted floor without even a blanket on. 

"Pabo." She muttered darkly as she carefully pried the his arm from her midsection. "Is he asking to get sick? The cold from the floor could seep on his back. Stupid person."

The girl stood up after she has successfully loosened his hold on her. She then walked over to his side and tried pushing him to the make-shift bed. And like any grown man, shoving Shim Changmin didn't prove to be an easy task that there's nothing else Sooyoung can do but to wake him up and personally ask him to move.

"Changmin-ah. Move." She tapped his shoulder but the boy barely moved. "Min... move. You're going to get sick."

The man only gave out a grunt and continued to drift in slumber. Sooyoung let out a frustrated sigh before leaning down; her face at level with the sleeping boy's ear.

"Changminnie~ Move~" She was supposed to use her annoying aegyo but ended up talking in a cute, soft voice. Her pupils dilated upon realizing what had happened. Nevertheless, it seemed useful as Changmin gave a sign of movement. But not necessarily what Sooyoung expected. The boy moved in his position but he simply rolled to his side the opposite way to the makeshift bed and was now facing the girl. 

"Aish, I told you to move to the pillows! Not away from it!"

She extended her arms; planting them on his shoulders and giving him a push. But no matter what she does, Changmin wouldn't budge. She stood up, on the brink of frustration, when she heard him spoke.

"Jagiyah~" 
"What?" she snapped. She expected for a reply but it appeared as if Changmin hasn't heard it.

He's sleep-talking?

"Jagiyah~~"

She looked at him as if he's a piece of meat left anonymously on her doorstep by a kind stranger. Silence hovered for a few seconds before the boy grunted softly.

"Sarang... saranghae~"

It's a good thing her eyeballs were safely secured inside her sockets or they must have fallen on the floor already as she gaped at him. She remained motionless for a few more minutes. It wasn't until the cuckoo clock in the dining room chimed six did she realize that she still has chores to attend to. She stared at the boy for what seemed like an eternity before she finally decided on what she must do. 

She knelt beside him and swallowed a lump on before leaning down to whisper in his ear. "Jagiyah, move to the bed and I'll cook you the best breakfast you'll ever have in your entire life, okay?"

Surprisingly enough, Changmin hummed his approval and rolled to where the cushions were stacked. Sooyoung then took out the pillows and inserted them beneath his back. She tiptoed her way towards her room, grabbed her favorite blanket, and returned to the living room. She was carefully tucking the comforter on Changmin's feet when the boy absentmindedly gathered the edges of the blanket around his neck, rubbed his cheek against it and smiled.

For reasons she can't understand, the action warmed her heart. She took an extra pillow and inserted it beneath his head before she stood up.

"Changmin, you're such a weird person."

 

 

"I had a funny dream."
"Oh? What was it?"

Sooyoung and Changmin were sitting across each other on a dining table which seemed to be overflowing with food. It was fifteen minutes past seven and true to her promise, Sooyoung cooked what might be an extension of Seohyun's birthday party buffet. Changmin looked like a kid lost in food wonderland the moment he stepped into the dining room that Sooyoung has to push him to the bathroom just so he can wash his face before jumping on his breakfast.

"I dreamed that you are talking to me with your sweet aegyo." the boy enthusiastically picked a piece of teriyaki that he didn't notice the look of horror pass across his wife's face. 

"Aha ha ha, that is really a weird dream." the girl let go of an awkward laughter before stuffing with ramen; her eyes darting suspiciously from side to side. 

"Yes. And in that dream you called me jagiyah."
"Aha ha ha, I think you are just hungry." the girl took a pieces of tonkatsu and placed them neatly on Changmin's plate. "Here, eat more."

The boy took a piece and ate it heartily. He took a swig of water from a glass before looking up at the girl with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter