Chapter Fifteen

Accidentally in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunlight streamed in yellow ribbons through the glass-windows, creating warm golden puddles on the wall. Sooyoung's vision was still blurry as she gave out a yawn, stretched her arms, and opened her eyes to welcome the morning. 

"Good Morning Sunshi---" the sentence was never finished and her eyes popped wide open upon seeing the sleeping face of Shim Changmin just a few inches away from hers. 

"YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" she screamed at the sleeping boy. She then sat up immediately and pulled her blanket up to check herself. She sighed in relief to see that she's still fully-clothed as the night before. She looked back on the sleeping boy beside her and gave out a groan when she saw the empty and unused sleeping bag lying near the foot of her bed.

"YAH! WAKE UP, YOU DWEEB!" she shoved Changmin roughly. "YAH!"

"Ummaaa it's still early!" the boy whined as he buried his head deeper into the pillow.

"UMMA YER FACE! YAH, WAKE UP FREAK!" Sooyoung took her largest pillow and started hitting Changmin with it.

"Ow! OW!" finally woken from his slumber, the tall boy raised his hands to block Sooyoung's hits. "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" He hissed at her.

"YAH! WHO TOLD YOU TO SLEEP ON MY BED?!" the hitting continued, harder than before.
"It's too early and YOU'RE SO NOISY!" Changmin tried sitting up but Sooyoung's pillow just won't stop

"---I GAVE YOU THE SLEEPING BAG ALREADY BUT YOU STILL--"

"SHUT UP OR I'LL KISS YOU!" he bellowed. The girl stopped and stared at him disbelievingly; she then got over her shock and started to raise the pillow again. "IN THE LIPS! AND I MEAN IT!" Changmin finally managed to sit straight, arms in front of his face.

"YUUUUUCK! YOU ARE SO GROSS!" She raised the pillow and whacked the boy hard on the side of his head. 

"WHY YOU---" Changmin grabbed the pillow away from her hands and pushed her down the bed. It took seconds for Sooyoung to realize that she's already lying on her back with a fuming Changmin on top of her. She immediately closed her eyes and pursed her lips tightly. She braced herself for the boy's attack, her mind gears working up tactics on how to get out of the said situation. It was only when she heard Changmin scoff had she realized that the boy was no longer on top of her and that she was looking ridiculously stupid with her arms on the side of her head, eyes shut tight, and lips pursed securely. 

She opened her eyes slowly and saw the tall boy looking at her with that stupid smirk pasted on his face.

"You really think I'd do that, don't you?" pure malice all over his voice. "Were you really expecting it?"
"Shut up!" she sat up with her back against Changmin and squatted down immediately on the floor. She reached out for the sleeping bag and pretended to fold it just so that he won’t see the embarrassment etched on her red-stricken face.

"Oh." She heard him say again. "I would take that as a yes."
"Whatever."

Changmin gave out a sigh before continuing. "You know, beating a person isn't the best way to wake him up."
"Well, you could have at least made use of the sleeping bag!"
"I tried sleeping on it you know. But I can't sleep properly. It's too small."

Sooyoung stood up after she finished folding the bag and faced the boy. "So you slept on my bed? Is that it?"

"Yah! What are you yapping about? This bed could fit ten people! It's not as if I pushed you off the edge, did I? You're so selfish!"
"Well you could have at least told me first, you know! So I wouldn't have the shock of my life seeing your face first thing in the morning!"
"And what? Wake you up when you have been sleeping so peacefully?"

That left Sooyoung speechless for a moment. 

"Anyway, if you don't have anything else to say, I’ll go back to sleep. You ruined my dream, y'know." And with that he slumped back down on the bed. 

Sooyoung could only shake her head in frustration. "Aish!" I made a huuuuuge mistake of letting that stupid dweeb stay here! She put the sleeping bag back on her closet before she went out of the room.

"Good morning unnie!" A smiling Seohyun greeted her when she stepped into the kitchen and Sooyoung felt her mood return upon seeing her dongsaeng.

"Good morning makdoongie! You woke up earlier than usual. Milk?" she opened the fridge and pulled out a bottle of fresh milk for the younger girl.

"Thank you unnie." The latter smiled bashfully. "But I can manage. It's not really my first time here."

She gave out a cheery laugh before making her way into the cupboard. "What do you want for breakfast Seohyunnie?"

"It's okay unnie, I brought some sweet potatoes and I had them steamed already."

"Sweet potatoes, again? Will you ever get tired of that? If I become president of Korea, I will ban sweet potatoes. Bwahahahaha!"

"Unnieee!" The younger girl gave out a cute whine.
"Awww... I'm just kidding." She then patted the latter on the head. "Why, Seohyunnie, you're getting taller and taller every day! One day you'll be taller than me! Haha!" 

She the stove and placed the skillet. "Ah, I will create a recipe using sweet potatoes! And on your birthday..." she washed her hands, took a slice of butter and laid it on the already-hot pan. "...I will bake you sweet potato cake!"

"Unnieee~~" Seohyun whined cutely. "You're so funny."

"And then maybe I'll make you a sweet potato salad too! Or sweet potato smoothie! Haha! The party's theme will be sweet potatoes! You'd be so fed up with sweet potatoes that you'll refuse to eat anything that looks like them for the rest of your life! Hahaha!"

Seohyun could only laugh at what the older girl was saying. She watched in awe as Sooyoung made her way expertly through the kitchen counter. One minute she's beating the eggs in a large bowl, and the next minute she's grating a relatively huge chunk of cheese; and all the while she kept talking.

"Unnie..."
"Hmmm...?"
"Thank you."

Sooyoung looked up from the cheese omelet she's making. "Awww... come here, will ya?" she reached for the younger girl and hugged her. "Yah, don't go crying anymore, okay? Or else I'll beat Captain Keroro with a bag of sweet potatoes!"

Seohyun gave out a gasp upon hearing the frog's name. "Omo, unnie! Did Yuri-unnie?"

Sooyoung felt her cheeks flush upon remembering the terribly humiliating moment the night before. "D-did Yuri what?"

"Did Yuri-unnie tell you that we'll borrow your car?"

She gave out a sigh of relief. "Yes. Where is Yuri, by the way?"
"She's still sleeping. Do you want me to wake her up?"

"Ah, don't bother. I bet she'll wake up anytime soon anyway. Well, why don't you take a bath first? So that when you go out here, breakfast's ready and you're good to go." She gave the younger girl a wink before returning back to her cooking.

"Okay, unnie. I'll finish this glass of milk first." Seohyun then made her way out of the kitchen and into the dining room.

Sooyoung was halfway through the fried rice she's cooking when she heard Yuri enter the kitchen.

"Sooyoung-ah! What's cooking?"
"Yah Kwon Yuri! Wash your face first before you go near the food!"
"Oooh! Fried rice!" the older girl stood near the stove upon smelling the delicious aroma wafting from the cooking pan. "Err... what's that?" Yuri pointed at the heart-shaped cheese omelet slices.

"Cheese omelet, dork."
"Why does it look like that?" she asked as she reached out to grab a slice.
"Cookie-cutter. DUH." Sooyoung said as she slapped Yuri's hand away.
"Ow! I mean, why heart-shaped?" Yuri successfully managed to grab a piece using her other free hand. She quickly put it in before the taller girl could snatch it away from her.
"Because I want it that way! Why do you ask so many questions?" Sooyoung tried pushing the other girl away from the stove but the latter moved back voluntarily.

"Hey! Sheesh ess gewd." Yuri said incomprehensively, which would rough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter