Chapter Thirty-Two

Accidentally in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good Morning Sooyoungie!"

Yuri's loud voice greeted Sooyoung as she walked into the dining room. The brunette smiled toothily at her while Eunhyuk acknowledged her presence with a nod before continuing to read the daily paper. She rubbed her eyes and stifled back a yawn, completely unaware of a certain someone standing behind her.

"You're still sleepy, Syoong."

An apron-clad Hyoyeon popped out from behind her, hands full with breakfast for everyone. She put them carefully on the table before casually pouring another cup of coffee for her boyfriend. Eunhyuk murmured a soft 'thanks' and an even softer 'yeobo' before hiding his face behind the newspaper upon seeing Yuri throw a mischievous smirk at his direction.

The eldest of the girls walked back into the kitchen but not before she tapped the tall one on the shoulder.

"Get your mug of hot chocolate on the table."

The girl nodded, sat on an empty chair across Eunhyuk, and absentmindedly grabbed the nearest mug. She gulped down a mouthful, inwardly grateful that the drink wasn't hot enough to scald her tongue.

"Thanks Hyo, you're the best."
"Dork! You should thank me. I switched our mugs when you weren't watching." Yuri reached out to hit her forehead. "Why is your head way up in the clouds today?"

"Huh? What clouds?"
"See. That's exactly what I'm saying!"

Sooyoung simply stared back at her, causing the older girl to facepalm herself.

"Ah Yuri, I think Sooyoung's still tired from all the events that happened yesterday." Eunhyuk spoke from behind lowered newspaper. He looked at Sooyoung hopefully, as if expecting a grateful expression on the tall girl's part, but was instead met with a shocked face. The girl looked like all colors were drained from her cheeks.

"Sooyoung? Are you okay?"
"Ah..." the girl caught herself stammering as she struggled to find a reason on why the phrase 'events that happened yesterday' seemed to send a jolt of shock on her spine. "N-neh, Hyuk-oppa. I guess I'm still tired. Ahaha, yes. Still tired." she nodded vigorously, her fingers grabbing the mug. She then chugged the remaining of the drink in one gulp. Eunhyuk threw her a worried glance but Yuri was still sporting her cheeky grin.

"Soooo, Sooyoungie~ How's your night?" she put her hands together and rested her chin on top of them; the owner of the house coughed rather violently upon hearing the question. The girl started hitting her chest vigorously while Eunhyuk scrammed panicking towards the direction of the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"My-my night is fine." Her face scrunched up in a cute way as she received the glass of water Eunhyuk handed her. She took a huge swig from the glass before breathing out a sigh of relief. "Ah, thanks oppa."

"It's okay. I think you're just hungry Syoong, go eat your breakfast first." He pushed a plate of pajeon in front of her, carefully placing kimchi slices on the side to complement the dish. "You too, Yuri. My, you're all skin and bones now!" Eunhyuk then dumped a huge spoonful of rice on the other girl's plate, earning a loud "YAH OPPA!" from the weight-oriented girl.

"I don't want to hear any of it Kwon Yuri! Hyosookie—I mean, Hyoyeon said you're hell-bent on this new diet and exercise regimen of yours and I say you don't need it." he then added an even larger helping of rice on Yuri's plate.

"Uh, great. Now I feel like I have another father and mother!" she rolled her eyes and raised her hands in frustration, her slender feet kicking Sooyoung's long legs from beneath the table when she saw the taller girl laugh mockingly at her.

"What is happening here?" Hyoyeon finally emerged out of the kitchen, apron-free but smelling like fried garlic, a huge bowl of bulgogi on her hands.

"Ummaaa~" Sooyoung whined like an idiot while pointing her chopsticks at Yuri. "That girl doesn't want to eaaaaaaaaat~ Appa is scolding her and she kicked meee—AAAAAARGH YURI-YAH!" her crazy antics ended as soon as she felt Yuri's toes grip on the skin of her thigh and pinch it firmly. Eunhyuk made an attempt to hide his tomato-red face on the daily paper again while Hyoyeon simply let out a sigh of defeat, shaking her head at the ruckus in front of her.

The older girl seated herself beside Eunhyuk after setting the food. "Ah, when will you two grow up?" she said teasingly as she gave each girl a slice of beef.

"Yul never will." Sooyoung stuck out her tongue and cackled evilly.
"Oh yeah?"
"Oh yeaaaah~"
"Whatever Soo..."
"Hahaha you lose!"
"Shut up!"
"YU-RI IS A LOOOOSER, YU-RI IS A LOOOOSER!" Sooyoung took the serving spoon from the pot of bulgogi and used it as a mic as she chanted in a singsong voice.
Yuri was sending her dagger looks, the girl then took the nearest empty glass and used it as a megaphone. At this point, both Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon were busy eating their breakfast, amazingly unperturbed by what's happening in front of them.
"SOOYOUNG AND CHANGMIN SITTING ON A SINK! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" the girl basically screamed the chant, causing the younger girl to loosen her hold on the serving spoon, the thing landing on the wooden floor with a loud thunk!

"YAH, yah it's not an issue since they're already husband and wife." Hyoyeon seemed to wake up from her self-induced apathy as she expertly grabbed the empty glass from Yuri's grasp before stooping down to pick the fallen utensil. "Now that I've mentioned it, where's Changmin-oppa?" she was looking at Sooyoung as she asked the question but the girl was once again sporting the same facial expression she has on her face during her earlier conversation with Eunhyuk.

"Yah Choi Soo—!"
"Ah, speaking of the devil... GOOD MORNING CHANGMIN-OPPA!" Yuri waved her hand frantically at an approaching Changmin, the boy's hair in an attractive mess, shirt notoriously crumpled as if hinting a lack of good night's sleep on his part. Sooyoung felt herself stiffen a bit but managed to make herself look a bit comfortable when Yuri threw a look at her direction.

"Good morning hyung, Hyo, Yul." Changmin rubbed his eyes and stifled back a yawn as he pulled a seat next to Sooyoung. Yuri was blatantly gushing and muttering things like 'even same morning habits hohoho' as she continued to smirk evilly at the couple's direction.

The boy whose mind must have been 30% asleep still turned to the girl beside him and said "good morning honey". A squeak, that must've been Yuri's fail attempt from refraining to squeal, resonated in the room and Changmin felt his face warm upon seeing Sooyoung's face turn a deep color of pink.

"Ah, Min. You must be hungry. Here." Eunhyuk broke the sudden (and suspicious) awkwardness in the atmosphere by pushing a plate of rice into the city mayor son's direction.

"Thanks, hyung." his voice was soft and nothing was heard from him (and the girl beside him) until the end of the meal. The entire breakfast affair seemed to be a talk show between Hyoyeon, Eunhyuk, and Yuri with Sooyoung and Changmin as mere audiences.

Sooyoung saw Hyo gave her a look of concern from the corner of her eye. She answered by breathing out a huge sigh. The older girl seemed to understand the message as she didn't push on.

The morning ended with Hyoyeon, Eunhyuk, and Yuri bidding goodbye to the two on the porch of their little home. Yuri unceremoniously dumped the props they've used during the party at the trunk of Eunhyuk's car, before opening the door and seating herself comfortably at the back of the car. Eunhyuk who've had fair enough time to bond with Changmin the day before steered the young man towards the back of the house, leaving Sooyoung and Hyoyeon alone as they neatly placed boxes of food inside the car.

"Thanks Hyo." the tall girl lets out her gratitude as she put the last box on top of the pile.
"Don't mention it. It's for Seobaby, after all."
"Ah, I'm not only referring to that."
"Ah..." Hyoyeon glanced at the direction where Eunhyuk and Changmin disappeared to, a smile climbing up her lips. "So you finally understand now?"
"Haha, yes." The elder girl didn't mention anything but it seemed to the younger one as if she understood completely what she meant.
"You and me... We are not really the type of people who can express our feelings freely unlike Yoong and Yul..." Hyoyeon then reached out to touch her hand "...but we do care and love. Deeply."

Sooyoung was left speechless, unable to give a response to what the other one has just said. As if it wasn't enough, Hyoyeon added "But remember not to be too harsh on Min-oppa, Sooyoungie. Okay?"

The taller girl simply stared back at Hyoyeon and just right on cue, Yuri popped her head out of the window.

"What are you two talking about without me in it?"
"Nothing... that you will understand, dumbo." Sooyoung reached out and hit her forehead.
"Yah Choi Sooyoung! I'm still older than you!"
The taller girl only stuck her tongue out in reply.

"You already know it Yul. But you will know it better if you finally get to know how it actually feels." Hyoyeon smiled cryptically at the younger girl before facing Sooyoung again.
"Ah they're back." Both girls turned around to see the two men walk towards their direction.

"So, we'll get going now, okay?" Hyoyeon turned to Sooyoung and repeated what she said a while ago, albeit in a more joking manner. "Don't be too mean to Changmin-oppa."
The girl barely had time to reply before Eunhyuk butted in.

"What we talked about Min, don't forget." the two guys exchanged meaningful smiles and Changmin answered "I won't hyung" before the older guy steered Hyoyeon to the passenger's side of the car. He opened the door for her before walking to the driver's side. He went in and gave a salute.

"You two. Don't fight too much."
Hyoyeon simply gave a silent smile while Yuri waved "BYE!" with a matching evil grin on her face.

The couple on the front waved one last time before the car drove off whereas Yuri continuously waved from the glass window at the back of the car. Sooyoung who was about to wave back as enthusiastically as the older girl let out a rather loud "YAH!" when the said older girl pointed at her and Changmin and made kissing motions with her hands as the car disappeared into the distance.

The cloud dust has already settled down before one of them spoke.

"Yuri is really funny, isn't she?"
Sooyoung looked at Changmin and saw the boy beaming gleefully as if basking on a thought. The look of innocent joy on his face suddenly erased all feelings of awkwardness she had been feeling all freaking night. And somehow, Hyo's words of wisdom resonated at the back of her head.

"Yes. She's always like that. Sometimes I wonder why she's my friend." she laughed out loud and absentmindedly reached out for his hand as they walked towards the house. "Anyway, what did you and Hyuk-oppa talked about?"

"Ah..."
"You're hiding something from me again?" her tone was blaming but she had a smile on her face.
"No. Hyung simply taught me ways to defend myself against you." he answered back teasingly, their hands swinging to and fro as they near the porch. Sooyoung pouted and the boy was fast to add on "...but I said I won't need it since we're friends and I know you cannot bear to lift a finger towards me anyway." There was a slightly stronger stressing on a certain word but Sooyoung doesn't mind.

They reached the door and the girl turned to face him. "Is that all?"
"Uh-huh. And I also listened to some of his petty complaints about the guest room—"
"He complains?! That old person!"
"Haha he says there are far too many keroro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter