Chapter Twenty-Five

Accidentally in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No, let me do this.”

Changmin blocked Kyuhyun as the latter attempted to walk towards where the crate sat under the shade. The tall boy didn’t wait for any reaction as he easily lifted the heavy thing on his shoulder and marched proudly towards the costumer’s car on the other side of the road.

He raised his feet to lift the back compartment of the car and was a bit surprised to see it opened easily as if it was just waiting for him to dump the crate inside. He did so without any hesitation and spun around with a smirk on his face, expecting to receive awed looks. Said cocky expression was quickly replaced with annoyance as he saw Sooyoung and Kyuhyun still standing under the stall on the other side of the road, laughing and talking with each other; openly suggesting that they did not even bother looking at him as he plowed on the herculean task a while ago.

He crossed the road quickly without even bother looking at both sides first.

“Organic, eh? So that explains the sweetness...”

“Ehermm... Kyuhyun-ssi.” Changmin cleared his throat to catch the other guy’s attention. “Your trunk isn’t locked. Isn’t it quite unsafe to leave trunks unlocked especially when you’re driving at a part of the city that isn’t very, well, populated?”

“Oh. I intended it that way, Changmin-ssi. As you see, it is a hot day and locking it will only make the temperature higher; which, of course, will not be a wise decision especially if said trunk has fruits inside it.” Kyuhyun replied with a smile. “Thank you for the concern, though.” He then shifted his attention back to the girl. “As you were saying, Sooyoung-ah?”

Sooyoung-ah?

Changmin’s eyebrow shot upwards and before he knew it, his mouth has already started working on the things that are running on his mind.

“Oh, so you two are old friends, then?”

Kyuhyun looked back at him and shortly answered. “Actually, we just met this morning. But yes, we’re friends.”

“Oh, I see.” He replied icily.

“Kyuhyun-oppa bought two crates for today and I’m really grateful to him.” Sooyoung answered densely.

“Oh. Well, Kyuhyun-ssi here must have liked oranges that much.” he tried to make his voice sound casual and diplomatic but something about Sooyoung’s oppa made it high-pitched.

“True, oranges are one of my favorites.” Kyuhyun gave a warm laugh that it either seemed like he didn’t notice Changmin’s glares or that he was doing a really good job of ignoring it. “But my sister needs them most for her fruit jams.”

“I told him that’s quite a lot of fruits---” Sooyoung chuckled but was cut off by the city mayor’s son.

“True.”

“---but he said if that’d be the case then he’d bring the rest to his parents.”

“My mom really likes fruits. And now that they’re not any younger, they’d be needing more of this, right?” he was grinning like an idiot and Changmin wasn’t finding it funny that all the time they’ve been talking, Kyuhyun and Sooyoung were facing each other that he felt as if he’s an outsider trying to join a conversation.

“Yeah. So, oppa...” Sooyoung put her hands together and smiled guiltily. “It’s almost lunchtime now. I’m sure you’re quite hungry already...”

“Ah... yes, thank you for reminding me Sooyoungie.”

Sooyoungie?

Changmin looked from one person to the other and wondered whether the entire situation is a practical joke set for him.

“I lost track of time talking to you.” He said greasily before giving out a low laugh.

“It was really nice talking to you, too. Maybe we can chat more about the jams your sister are making the next time around.”

“Anytime, Soo. See you around.” He took a step backwards as he gave out a salute to the girl then turned around and tapped Changmin on the shoulder. “See you around, Changmin-ssi.”

“Huh? Err, yeah... see y--- GOODBYE!” Changmin said merrily as he waved at the retreating boy. “Have a safe trip!”

The two watched Kyuhyun seat himself on his car. He revved up the engine and drove around to face the direction of the next city. He pulled down his windows as he was backing up and gave them --- or rather, Sooyoung --- a wink before hitting the gears and speeding unto the highway.

When the dust settled and the tiny speck that was Kyuhyun’s car disappeared into the distance, Changmin swore out loud as Sooyoung hit his arm forcefully.

“WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!”
“OW! What ‘what was that for’ are you talking about?!” he patted the part of his arm hit by the girl.
“Why are you so rude?”
“When was I rude?”
“Who are you kidding, Shim Changmin? That was a costumer!”
“He is hitting on you!”
“No, he isn’t!”
“YES, HE IS! Don't play dense!”
"I'm not playing dense AND HE ISN'T!”
“IS!”
“Isn’t!”
“IS!”
“WHATEVER! What is it with you?”
“Well you’re my...” Changmin paused and then looked at her sharply. “You know what, forget it!”

He then stormed to the car and slammed the door after.

Sooyoung stood rather shaken at the side of the road. It was noontime and the sun was shining brightly above her but she made no move to go under the shade. She was looking at Changmin’s direction with a confused look on her face. The boy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter