Chapter Thirty-One

Accidentally in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was but a gentle kiss.

His lips light and careful over hers. It wasn't even long. But it felt as if forever stretched for another day before Shim Changmin pulled back gently and stared at the stark- expression of shock on his wife's face.

He can see his dazed reflection mirrored on Sooyoung's wide eyes and somehow felt a small pang of guilt over what he did when the girl hadn't showed any reaction apart from clear, sparkling shock. He half-wished she would start screaming or hitting him but the girl stayed still on her feet. Nothing else was heard apart from the sound of water falling from the faucet and the muffled chirping of the birds outside the glass window until Yuri's voice broke the stillness in the air.

"Sooyoung-ah, I'm getting extra pillows from your room for Hyuk-oppa!"

The older girl stopped in her tracks and looked at the sight waiting for her in the kitchen. Changmin was sitting on the sink with a confused expression on his face, his long legs dangling over the counter. His body leaned forward towards the direction of a seemingly petrified Sooyoung. Seemingly petrified because the usually shrewd girl who'd rant on for hours over lights accidentally left open is now standing without a care over what might be gallons of water pouring from the open faucet.

"Sooyoung?" Yuri called her name again and the girl snapped back from her reverie.

"Ah.. N-n-neh Yuri-yah?" She turned around, suspiciously avoiding the direction where Changmin sat, and looked at the newcomer.

"I said, I'm getting pillows."

"Y-yes. You know you don't have to ask."

The taller one simply received a smirk as a reply. The mischievous look on Yuri's face an exact replica of her expression the night she saw Changmin pinning Sooyoung on the wall. The older girl threw in a wink at their direction before disappearing into the door.

Sooyoung was too confused to give a decent reaction which is why she simply heaved out a sigh. With Yuri gone, there was only her and Changmin left in the room. The girl suddenly thought the air felt a little bit more stuffy when the realization hit her. But before she could think of what to do next, she heard the sound of a faucet being turned off and a pair of feet landing on the wooden floor.

"I-I'll help fix the guest room."
Changmin said barely louder than a whisper. Never mind the fact that he actually stuttered on the process of doing so.

The boy left the room as swiftly as his long legs can carry, leaving a still dazed Sooyoung with ten thousand thoughts running amok on her mind.

 

"Eun!"

Siwon blurted out in a tone of reprimand, eyebrows on the verge of dangerously disappearing into his hairline. Tiffany, on the other hand, seemed too surprised to answer the question. But the little girl seemed oblivious to the two people's reactions.

"If so, can I call you umma and appa?"

Siwon gaped helplessly at the six-year old in front of him. He was willing to bet he gave out what might might be gallons of cold sweat at that moment. He wiped his forehead for the nth time until he heard Tiffany spoke.

"Sure, Eun."

"Mwo?" The young man felt as if his eyes would pop out from shock. He blinked furiously as the city vice mayor received the child with an embrace. Eun gladly took her place on Tiffany's arms and then motioned for the rest of the kids to scoot closer to them.

"Is it okay if we call you umma and appa too?" that was JinKyong. A chorus of voices asking for the same question rang across the living room just as Madam Ahn arrived at the scene to call them for lunch.

"Oh, what is happening here? Why is everyone so lively?" the kind old lady asked as she held her hands together.

"Ah Ahjumoni--" Siwon tried to explain but a smaller voice cut him off.

"Ahjumoni, we now have an umma and appa!"
"Kajeong is really a home because we are now one big family." A ten year-old named GiHwa chirped.

The elder lady looked from one adult to another and let out a laugh upon seeing the contrasting expressions on their faces. Siwon looked like he just got over from something insurmountably shocking judging from the beads of perspiration on his forehead. Whereas, Tiffany looked surprised as well but the gentle smile on her face suggests warm acceptance over whatever it is that may have caused such shock.

When none of the two made an effort to stand up, Madam Ahn took the initiative to calm the kids down.

"Okay children, your amma and uppa are tired and a bit hungry from the travel. Why don't we play outside while they have their lunch?"

A babble of approval rose in the a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter