Chapter Twenty-Eight

Accidentally in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It never crossed Sooyoung’s mind that she’s a lucky girl. What with her dark childhood and even darker reputation, surely the Fates had picked her as the holder of the Little Unfortunate Girl title. Which is why she basically had to swallow back her gasp upon hearing Changmin's reaction to what Kyuhyun has said a while ago.

“Ah yes! Seohyunnie is having her birthday tomorrow.” his mismatched eyes making an appearance as he beamed at the other guy. “So, are you free that day?”

“Hmmm... my schedule is actually very fluid so I do not know when my manager would call me for a gig...” Kyuhyun put his hand under his chin as he tried to recall his appointments for the upcoming week. “...but because Sooyoung here has personally invited me, I'll find a way.”

Choi Sooyoung swallowed hard and was crossing her fingers rather tightly behind her back. She could feel the cold sweat starting to form on her brows. 

“We'll be expecting you, then.” Changmin smiled brightly. 

Sooyoung blinked furiously upon hearing the tall boy's answer. The last time she checked, said boy threw a fit when she simply accommodated Kyuhyun in a customer-vendor way. What kind of miracle is this? She never thought miracles can happen in broad daylight. Before she can open to voice out a reaction, Kyuhyun took over the conversation.

“Is it okay if I bring someone with me?”
Changmin's eyebrows rose but then a sweet smile quickly replaced said expression. “Your girlfriend?”

“Ah no, no!” Kyuhyun laughed rather heartily. “It's my bandmate. Actually, we're a duo and I'm wondering if I can bring him with me.”
The taller boy's mouth shaped into a small 'o' but the defiant expression on his face never left. “Sure, sure! We'll be expecting you.”
“Thanks dude.” Kyuhyun reached out his hand and Changmin readily accepted it. Sooyoung looked like a lost puppy between the two towering males, clear confusion printed on her face.

The otherwise diplomatic aura dissolved when a faint rumble of thunder in the distance had them looking up at the darkening sky. 

“It looks like it might rain cats and dogs.” Changmin muttered.
“I think so too.” Kyuhyun put his hands on his waist and took a deep breath. “I guess I have to go before the sky falls down.” he looked back at the other boy and smiled.
“Sure pal, have a safe trip.” 

And in that moment, Sooyoung's presence was finally acknowledged. Kyuhyun tapped her on the shoulder and murmured a farewell. He climbed up his car swiftly, turned the ignition on and waved at the couple before finally disappearing into the horizon.

The girl was still absentmindedly waving at the now-inexistent car, mind still blank in an attempt to understand her husband's suspicious action. She didn't notice Changmin climbing up their truck until said vehicle gave out a beep. The boy was looking at her in a most calm expression and in knowing that she pretty much has no idea what to say next, she simply went inside the vehicle without further questions.

Not a few minutes after the truck left the area, the rain fell in torrents, covering the dry earth in a thin sheet of water. What started as a rhythmic pippety-pat on the car roof boomed louder as raindrops the size of golf balls started pounding against the windshield. The ride was silent, with Changmin being so as he drove carefully over the slippery road. 

Sooyoung watched the raindrops form shapes as they collide into the glass window. She traced a hand over one particularly large blob and gave out a sigh. Her mind was still in a state of confusion and she hoped watching the streams of liquid cascading into the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter