Chapter Twenty

Accidentally in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“YAH! What took you so long?”
Sooyoung had barely stepped into the living room when Changmin’s loud voice welcomed her home.

“It’s a Sunday. And I left a note. Haven’t you seen it?”
She rolled her eyes and held on to the doorknob as she took her shoes off; Seohyun doing the same behind her.

Changmin put his hands on his hips and kept looking at the two women in the most annoyed expression he can ever manage. He feels that it is a requirement; an exchange for the time he waited for them.

It was a beautiful Sunday and his excitement from the previous day woke him earlier than usual. The sun hasn’t risen up yet but when he his back expecting to see a sleeping Sooyoung, all his sleepiness faded away upon seeing the empty side of the bed. He stood up almost immediately and went out of the room. He was crossing the kitchen on his way to the living room when he saw the note pinned on the refrigerator

Slave,

Makdoongie and I will attend the morning mass today. We will be back at around nine. Your bulgogi is in the pot. There are also some dumplings on the cupboard.

Your Master,
Sooyoung

He finished his breakfast, did the dishes, and waited for the girls. But when nine o’ clock struck and there’s still no sign of them, he stood up and walked around the living room annoyed and anxious on why those two weren’t home yet.

The girls arrived at half past ten to see an annoyed Changmin waiting for them.

“You said you’ll be back by nine. What time is it now?”
“I said around nine. That’s an estimate, you dweeb.” Sooyoung stepped into the living room and swiftly passed by the fuming Changmin as she went straight into the kitchen; the boy marching behind her.

Seohyun, who was following shortly behind, seated herself comfortably on the floor; anticipating the bickering that is about to happen.

“I waited for you for four hours!”
“I didn’t tell you to wait, doofus.”

Seohyun heard the refrigerator door slam shut. Seconds later, a now annoyed-looking Sooyoung emerged out of the hallway carrying a glass of water on her hand.

“Seohyunnie, drink.”

She took the glass and drank silently; eyes avoiding Changmin who was still trailing behind the tall girl.

“What is your problem, anyway? Is it your first time to be left alone in a house?”
Sooyoung finally turned around to face the boy.

Changmin simply stared back at her. She was about to open to say something when he cut her. “Change your clothes. We’re going to the lake today.”
He then turned his back and went straight to the door.

“What are you saying?”

He turned around and answered the question in a bored tone.
“I said we’re going to the lake today. Bring clothes. I’ve packed mine already. I’ll meet you in fifteen minutes. No buts.”

And with that, he opened the door and went out of the house; leaving the two girls stunned.

“What the hell is his problem?” Sooyoung broke the silence as she sat on the floor beside Seohyun. Her arms crossed in front of her as she tried to make sense of what the boy had said a while ago.

“Unnie, I think Changmin-oppa just want to try his new bike.” Seohyun said quietly.

“His what?!” Sooyoung said a bit too loud that Seohyun almost dropped the glass she was holding.

“His bike, unnie. He bought one yesterday when he went out with Kibum-oppa. He looked so happy.” The younger girl smiled giddily as she remembered Changmin whistling happy tunes when he arrived at the house the night before.

“How come I didn’t know this?” the taller girl stood up and took the glass from the younger girl’s hand. She walked towards the kitchen but not after she heard Seohyun say rather softly.

“Maybe he wants to surprise you.”

 

SIWON parked his car and walked into the Shim household; his mind adrift as he remembered what happened in the church that morning.

He saw Sooyoung at the congregation but she left immediately right after the service. He would bet his favorite bible that the girl saw her but scooted away when she saw him approaching closer.

“Madam, here drink some water. Stay calm. I’m sure there’s a reason for all of this.”

The young man stopped on his tracks upon hearing Mrs. Kim’s voice. He went straight to the living room to see the elderly woman talking to a disgruntled Madam Shim.

“Siwon!” Madam Shim stood up upon seeing her eldest son.

“Siwon-ah, it’s good that you’re here. Have you heard the news?” Mrs. Kim stood up also, following what her mistress did.

From the looks of the women in front of him, he was pretty sure he knows what the ruckus is all about. He didn’t say anything but looked at the two as if he has no idea what happened.

“Changmin.”

Okay, so they have heard it already then. “Neh, umma.”

“Your brother is in for a huge scandal!” Madam Shim raised her hands in frustration. “Goodness, Siwon! And so we thought he was just out there somewhere with his friends and then the next minute we hear rumors of him being---”

“It’s not a rumor, umma.”

Madam Shim stopped in the middle of his litany and looked at his eldest son in shock. “Wha-what do you mean?”

“It’s not a rumor. It’s true. Min is a married man now.”

Madam Shim looked as if she was about to faint. The young man walked near his mother and helped her sit on the couch. Mrs. Kim was looking as stunned as the mayor so Siwon stood up again to guide her into a seat.

“I heard about it earlier than you did and I went---” he stopped upon remembering his promise not to divulge Changmin’s location. “---I went out to find out if it’s true.”

He sighed first before continuing. “Umma, Min is currently at the point of his life wher

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter