Chapter Thirteen

Accidentally in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri, Yoona, and Seohyun sat side-by-side opposite Sooyoung in the living room. They stared in silence as Changmin finished tying up the bandage. The patient and the nurse exchanged knowing glances and the tall boy stood up, gathered the half-filled pitcher of milk and the almost empty bowl of cookies, put it on the tray, turned around, and marched towards the kitchen.

No sooner had the boy disappeared that the living room erupted into a babble of ‘What is he doing here?’, ‘OMG UNNIE!!!’, ‘What’s the meaning of this?’, ‘OMO OPPA IS SO DASHING TODAY!’, ‘How do you know each other?’, ‘UNNIEEE! OPPA!! ASDHFHJHFDKAJFKJDFHLSLJK’ and ‘CHOI SOOYOUNG I DEMAND YOUR EXPLANATION!’

Sooyoung puffed her cheeks and rolled her eyes.

“YAH! HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING WHEN YOU WOULDN’T EVEN ALLOW ME TO TALK FOR A MINUTE?”

Yoona and Yuri immediately stopped talking. Seohyun could only heave out a sigh in the corner.

“OKAY. Can I talk now?”
“…”
“Look, when I told you a while ago to sit down and let us finish, I mean FINISH.”
“Finish with the bandaging?” Yoona quipped.
“No, you dork. Finish with EVERYTHING. Including the explanation and such!”
“Ooh…” Yoona nodded her head in understanding.

Sooyoung was about to continue when Seohyun disrupted her.
“Um, actually, unnie. There was something wrong with the syntax of your statement.” She said quietly.

All three girls glared at the maknae and the latter, realizing her untimely comment, put her hands on and gave out a muffled “Mianhae unnie. You may continue.”

Yoona fought hard to stifle a laugh causing Yuri to give her a gentle jab on her rib.

“OKAY!” Sooyoung hollered. “I’ll give each one of you the chance to ask me ten questions. You go first, Yuri.”

“Hmp!” Yuri crossed her legs, folded her arms, and started barging questions at the younger girl in front of her.

“Why is HE here?”
“To stay.”
“What?!”
“I said to stay. That’s two questions down.”
“What the hell Choi Sooyoung?!”
“Three.” Sooyoung grinned toothily.
“Argh! I hate you!” Yuri grabbed the pillow nearest her and threw it directly at the tall girl who ducked just in time as the pillow missed her head by a few centimeters.

“Put yourself together Kwon Yuri. Breathe!” Sooyoung moved her hands in a circular motion while taking in deep breaths. The elder girl gave her a scowl but did just the same.

“Okay, back to regular programming. You only have seven remaining questions left. Put it to good use.”

“Whatever.”
“Go on. I’m waiting.”

Yuri rolled her eyes and pouted. “You said he’s here to stay.”
“Yup, yup.”
“Why?”
“Because he wants to.”
“Don’t be a smart- Sooyoung.”
“But I’m only answering your question!”

Yuri exhaled loudly before giving Sooyoung a glare. “Please. Be. Serious.”

“She’s being serious, Yuri-ssi.”
The four girls looked at an approaching Changmin carrying a tray with a pitcher of milk, five empty glasses, and a big bowl of cookies in it. Sooyoung looked murderous as she desperately signaled the boy with her head to leave the four of them in peace.

“Wha… What do you mean?” Yuri looked at Changmin with questioning eyes.

He laid the tray carefully on the coffee table and then sat crossed-leg beside Sooyoung. “I’m staying…” he looked at Sooyoung first before continuing. “…because that is what married couples are supposed to do.” He then held Sooyoung’s hands in his, the latter automatically stiffened under his touch.

“I… beg your pardon?” that was Yoona.

“Oh, so she didn’t tell you about us then?” Changmin felt Sooyoung tightened her grip on his hands as he continued answering the girls’ questions.

“No. Is this some kind of a joke?” Yuri looked really serious when she said this and Changmin could feel Sooyoung getting nervous for every passing minute.

“No.” he said flatly. He can feel Sooyoung’s palms getting sweaty as she continued squeezing the life out of his fingers. He crossed the distance between them and whispered a barely audible ‘trust me on this’ before sitting straight to elaborate on his answer to Yuri’s question.

“Sooyoung and I had been together for months now.”

“When?”
“How?”
Yoona and Yuri asked at the same time.

Changmin heaved out a sigh before continuing.

“It all started in the State of the City Address Ceremony. She came up to me as umma and I were about to go home. I am but an ordinary guy minding my own business, but when she gave me that wink, my whole world turned upside down…” Changmin paused when he felt Sooyoung loosen her grip on his hands. He looked at his side to see a smirking Sooyoung trying hard to keep herself from laughing out loud.

What a story-teller!

He rolled his eyes and continued on his speech.

“So there, I knew I have to know her. I courted her and we started going out. But then, things went downhill when I proposed to Tiffany one drunken night. My girl here wanted to end the relationship but I don’t want to. So, I asked her to marry me so as to prove that what happene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter