First Day In Kansas

A Walk To Fame:Witness Protection

Everyone left New York to Kansas on their company's private jet. Before leaving, Melanie had told the media that UKISS will be on hiatus for the time being. 

The jet landed at the Mid Continent airport in Wichita. The second plane arrived with the vehicles. 

UKISS were disguised in order to get from place to place safe and sound. Melanie and UKISS hopped into the SUV while Selena hopped on her mo-ped. 

As they were on their way to Melanie's aunt's house, all you could see were the grassy fields. The members were shocked, not wanting to be there. Is this really happening?

"So.. This is where we're staying, for now at least?" Hoon asked. 

"Yeah, but on the bright side, you all can experience a normal life." Melanie said. 

"But I really miss the life we once had. Like days ago." Dongho whined. 

"We all do but the FBI has to figure everything out before we can go back to the way things were. Their just keeping us safe." Soohyun said. 

Soon enough, they've arrived. 

Mileybright Farmhouse in spring

farm.jpeg

Selena arrived a few seconds later. Everyone got out as they unloaded their luggages from the trunk. A woman in her thirties came out, greeting them.

"Oh my gosh! It's been so long!" Aunt Monica said as she pulled Melanie and Selena in for a huge hug.

"It's nice to see you again, auntie." Melanie said.

"And you're hugging us too tight!" Selena said as she tried gasping for air. 

 

"Oh haha.. Sorry girls." She said as she let go of them. "So.. who are these handsome young men?" 

"This is UKISS, the group I've told you about. They're in the witness protection program. They've been placed here." Melanie said. 

"Oh right. I've seen y'all on TV a lot." 

"Everyone, this is Aunt Monica. Melanie and I spent most of our childhood here." Selena said. 

"I thought your families were rich." AJ said. 

"Yeah but we also wanted to live a normal life." 

Aunt Monica then went up to Kevin and squeezed his cheeks. 

"Melanie.. You are so lucky to have such a cute boyfriend." 

"Auntie, don't squeeze them too much. You're literally gonna take all of the cuteness out of him."

"But I can't! He's just too adorable!"

"Hey! What about me?!" Dongho whined.

"Eh?" She said confused as she stopped. She looked at Dongho then said, "You're adorable."


As everyone were done packing, they all met in the living room.

"Just letting all of you know, Melanie will not be here as much." Selena said.

"Why?" Eli asked.

"Because, my rank in the FBI is higher than Selena. I'm the assistant special agent. Selena is the supervisor. She'll be here, and also Aunt Monica will protect all of you. I'll be helping the team track down Lorenzo." Melanie explained. 

"None of you are not allowed to leave this area nor go downtown. Stay where I can see you." Selena said. 

"But why?" AJ asked. 

"Well, there's a high chance that Lorenzo and his men will be searching in the big cities. Selena and I had caught Lorenzo once, years ago, but he escaped." Melanie said. "But yeah, I have to go now, I'll leave you all in my aunt and Selena's care. Be good and work hard! See you soon! Fighting!" 

Melanie was about to leave until Kevin hugged her from behind. "So I won't get to see you much?" 

"Ahh, I'm sorry babe, but I have to work. I'll come back and visit, okay?" Melanie said as she held Kevin's hands. 

"Promise?" 

"Promise." Both of them kissed as Kevin gave her one last kiss on the forehead. 

He watched her walk out the door and drive off. What happened to spending time with eachother..? He thought.


"Here are your work clothes. You all will be working out in the field." Aunt Monica said.

"Like farmers?" Kiseop asked. She nodded.

"W..www...work..?!" Dongho stuttered.

"Don't worry, it's not that hard. We'll help you." Selena said. 

"Yeah, it's easy like a piece of chicken pot pie." Aunt Monica said. 

"Isn't it a piece of cake?" Kiseop asked confused.

"No, I know what I said. Now go change. Selena and Chi will be waiting out in the front for you."

"Wait, Chi is here?" Soohyun asked. 

"Yep. Chi! Come out!" 

Chi hopped in the room and gave everyone a hug.

"Chi! Chi! Chi!!" Chi said. 

"We missed you too!" The guys said as they began laughing. 

"Alright, that's enough. Now go change!" Aunt Monica said.


After everyone had gotten changed, they all met in the front of the house. Aunt Monica assigned each member a task to do.

Kevin - Planting and plowing crops

Eli - Drives the tractor

Dongho - Milk the cows

Kiseop - Feed the horses

AJ - Gather the corn

Soohyun and Hoon - Feed and gather the eggs from the chickens

Selena and Chi - Feed the pigs

As Dongho sat down, ready to milk the cows, he became confused. He tried pulling the utters but had pulled it too hard, making the cow go crazy. The cow began kicking Dongho and gave him a bruise. 

Aunt Monica came in, shocked. "Betsy is going into labor!" She shouted. Chi came in, helping. As they were doing the basic procedures, Dongho became traumatized. After a while, Betsy finally pushed the baby cow out fully. 

"It's a girl!" Aunt Monica shouted as she held up a calf. 

"Chiii!" Chi screamed. 

Dongho left, still traumatized. 

Kevin and Eli were working in the same field, working until they saw Dongho walk by looking dead.

"Dongho, what's up?" Eli asked.

"I.. s..aw.. a cow.. g..i.v..ing.. birr.th.. with my o..w..n eyes.." Dongho said, walking away.

Kevin and Eli laughed at their makne's confused but yet adorableness. 

As Soohyun and Hoon were at the penhouse, Soohyun looked confident. "This is gonna be easy." He said as he put his hand under the chicken. The chicken panicked and began pecking his hand. 

"Oww! What the hell!?" Soohyun screamed. 

"Aishh.. Let me do this." Hoon said as he slowly put his hand under the chicken, but that didn't help either. The chicken began pecking his hand. 

"Oww! You stupid chicken!!" Hoon yelled. 

"Hey! How about I lift up the chicken while you grab the egg?" Soohyun said. Hoon nodded as Soohyun picked up the chicken while Hoon reached for the egg. All of a sudden, all the chickens began to panic as all of them began attacking the two clueless boys.


Before any one knew it, it was already night time. Time for dinner.

Chi called out for everyone to gather at the table. Kevin, Eli, and Selena were the first to arrive.

Selena began sniffing. "Auntie.. that smell.. Don't tell me you're making.." Selena started, her eyes began brightening up.

Aunt Monica nodded. "Yep, my famous chicken pot pie!" Selena became super hyped.

"Ahh.. Smells great!" She said.

Everyone sat down, waiting for the others to arrive.

"So.. tell us why you're not with Melanie again?" Kevin asked.

"Because, since I'm just the supervisor, the FBI only needs me for certain things. I'll be gone from time to time but not as much as Melanie." Selena said. 

Kevin nodded his head, obviously missing Melanie.. Even though it has been only a few hours. 

"Oh yeah, so how was the work? Needed any help?" Aunt Monica asked. 

"It was fine. Selena helped me witht the tractor." Eli said. 

"And she showed me how to plow and plant the crops." Kevin said. 

Just then, AJ and Dongho arrived. AJ had crow marks all over him while Dongho was still traumatized. 

"Woah bro.. What happened to you?" Eli asked, pointing at AJ. 

"I tried grabbing the corn while these crows were pecking me.. I threw the corn at them which apparently made them even more mad."AJ said, in pain. 

Eli only laughed. 

Kiseop then arrived with a big horse shoe mark on his back. 

"Should I even ask?" Kevin said sarcastically. 

Kiseop glared. "I was trying to feed the horse but they kicked me in the balls.. Then kicked me all the way to the top of the barn house.. But hey on the bright side, I finally completed one my top goals in life!" He said happily. 

"Which is?" Selena asked. 

"Flying on top of a barn house!" 

Everyone sighed at his weirdness. 

And finally, the last members to arrive.. Soohyun and Hoon, who apparently has peck marks and feathers all over them. Hoon was still spitting some out. 

"OMG! Hoon! Are you okay!?" Selena asked worriedly, shoving Soohyun aside. 

"Yah! What about me?!" Soohyun whined. 

"Shut up!" Selena yelled. She quickly went to get the first aid kit. As soon as she got it, she demanded Hoon to sit down while she aids his wounds. He did as he was told as Selena began spraying him with anticeptic. He hissed in pain as she wrapped a bandage around him. "Does it hurt?" She asked as she finished wrapping him. 

"Not anymore." Hoon said and smiled. Selena looked up and smiled back. "Thanks." 

"No problem. Anything for you." She said, still staring at him. The members coughed, trying to get out of the awkwardness. Selena got up and sat down. 

Obviously, Selena has had a crush on Hoon ever since she first met them. Although, Hoon never actually noticed her feelings, much to Selena's dismay. 

Everyone got settled as the door opened. Everyone looked over and saw a stressed, tired Melanie taking off her shoes and making her way to the table. 

"Hey everyone." She said as Kevin pulled out her seat, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey, what's new?" Selena asked, obviously talking about the case.

"Well we found out he's in California, searching for the guys. And we need you tomorrow." Melanie said. 

"Ahh okay.. What time are we leaving?" 

"Probably around 7." Melanie said, taking a sip of her cold icy water. 

"Wait.. You're leaving again?" Kevin asked. 

Melanie looked over and gave him the sorry look. "Yeah.." 

"Are we ever gonna have any time together?" He asked, putting his arm around her waist. She knew he was getting upset, it was always obvious with Kevin.

Everyone could feel the atmosphere sinking in awkwardness. 

"We will.. Just not when I'm working." She said. 


While everyone was eating, Aunt Monica announced Alyssa and Emily will be coming.

"Why are they coming?" Soohyun asked.

"So they can help you guys tomorrow. All of you will be switching up as well." Selena said. 

Kiseop stopped eating and ran upstairs. 

"I think he's kind of scared that Alyssa will find out about last year.." Soohyun said, remembering the whole incident when he experimented on Chi. 

After everyone finished, they all went up stairs to freshen up. 

Hoon, Eli and AJ shared a room while Kiseop, Dongho, Kevin, and Soohyun shared another room. 

That leaves Melanie and Selena in the other room. 

Everyone got ready for bed and drifted off, one by one..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poor Soohyun and Hoon being attacked by evil chickens, Kiseop getting his kicked by a horse, Dongho being traumatized by looking at cow birth and AJ being pecked by evil crows :(

We hope you guys enjoy the chapter :)

We'll update soon!!!!