Tidal Waves

30 Day Challenge

Day 3 July 9th

 

“Wake up!” shouted Donghae as he hit Eunhyuk with a pillow trying to wake up the poor tired monkey, “We’re going to the beach today, and play in the water and make sandcastles, and communicate with the fishes!

 

Eunhyuk opened his tired eyes to find a certain ‘fish’ grinning ear to ear and all but vibrating where he sat. “Donghae, you know we can’t communicate with the fishes…” Eunhyuk sighed out and tried two roll over and pull the covers back over his head, but Donghae wouldn’t allow it.

 

“Yes we can!” Donghae said gleefully as he used all his might to yank the covers away and reveal a monkey trying to curl into a ball and find some warmth. Smiling down, Donghae lay next to Eunhyuk and hugged him, the other snuggling backwards into the warmth. “And if you go, I’ll promise you some strawberry ice cream~” Donghae said in a sing song manner, and the monkey ball immediately uncurled and started looking for clothes.

 

“Well, what are you waiting for?!” Eunhyuk shouted, “Let’s get to the beach!”

 

-An Hour Later-

 

The two had finally made it to the beach, and Donghae was bouncing with too much energy, just wanting to go and get in the water already! Eunhyuk chuckled and took his sweet time finding them the perfect spot and forcing Donghae to help get everything set up, before finally setting him free.

 

“YES!” Donghae yelled and ran for the small tidal waves that lapped at the beach’s shore.

 

“And here ladies and gentlemen, you can see the Donghae fish in its natural environment,” Eunhyuk mumbled to himself, even though he knew Donghae couldn’t hear him. Smiling at the now bobbing head of Mr. Nemo, Eunhyuk sat down under the umbrella they had brought, and started to apply sunblock to his chest arms and legs. Donghae might be able to stay all day outside and not burn, but Eunhyuk would turn into a lobster in a matter of an hour or two without protection.

 

Just as Eunhyuk was wondering how he was going to get his back, Mr. Nemo appeared, dripping wet, and took a seat beside him shaking his hair and splashing Eunhyuk. After wiping his face dramatically, Eunhyuk asked if Donghae could get his back for him.

 

“Sure!” Donghae said, and squirted a generous amount of the cold stuff on Eunhyuk’s back. Rubbing it in, Donghae put pressure on Eunhyuk’s shoulders, and a low moan was heard. “Eunhyuk would you like a bac-“ but Donghae was interrupted by a Frisbee coming out of nowhere and landing in the sand next to him.

 

“Over here!” shouted the random stranger who was running towards them, “I’m so sorry,” he said bowing 90 degrees, “My friend threw it too high and I missed!”

 

“That’s ok,” Donghae said and smiling gave the Frisbee back.

 

“Well, would you guys like to join us?” the guy said, and Donghae looked at Eunhyuk with his puppy eyes. Never one to say no to the puppy eyes, Eunhyuk agreed and the next hour was spent throwing the disc to the other players, while seeing who could catch it in the most stylish way.

 

The strangers’ girlfriends showed up at this point and after introductions, the girls pulled the boys away, and Donghae and Eunhyuk were left alone again.

 

“How about we make a sand castle?” Eunhyuk offered, and Donghae’s face lit up like the sun before they found a spot close to their stuff where they could build one. After applying more sunblock, Eunhyuk quickly returned to help Donghae build the most awesome castle ever, even running back and forth from the shore to bring in water for the mote.

 

-Ching, Ching-

 

Donghae stopped and abruptly swiveled his head around to find the noise. Locating it, he took off running and Eunhyuk wondered where he was going. Slowly following Donghae, he saw him running back with something in his hands, and he also saw the stick that Donghae didn’t which sent them both crashing to the ground.

 

“Oh man!” Donghae said and looked at the ice cream he had been carrying covered in sand and a little bit on Eunhyuk’s face.

 

Eunhyuk who also noticed he had something cold on his lips, allowed his tongue to sneak out and taste at the sweet ice cream that was there. Looking up, Eunhyuk noticed Donghae’s eyes glazed over and pulled his tongue back in to ask Donghae what was wrong.

 

Before he could get a word out though, his lips and mouth were invaded, and he was lost in a battle for dominance, which he didn’t win. Lying there in the sand, Donghae pulled away when air was needed, and his own lips.

 

“Mmm, Hyukkie,” Donghae hummed, “Now I understand why your addicted to strawberry.” Donghae sat up and Eunhyuk raised himself to his elbows. “I wonder if the ice cream ma- He is!...Hold on, I’ll be right back!” And there he was running again off to presumably get more ice cream.

 

“Don’t run!” Eunhyuk yelled but knew it was a lost cause. Getting up, Eunhyuk wiped at the sand he knew would still be everywhere in three days, and smiled, his tongue ghosting across his lips to take another taste of his unique fishy strawberry.

 

 

A/N:

 

Hello wonderful readers! I just couldn’t help myself and finally had to write some Eunhae! I hope all this fluff hasn’t rotted your teeth or anything! I just am not a good writer! Anyways, here is another snapshot for this challenge, and I hope that I can keep this roll going! Right, now peace, cookies, kisses, and some fluffy fluff eunhae to tide you over!   *chuu~     ^_~