Zoo

30 Day Challenge

Day 4 July 10th

 

“Can I take this stupid blindfold off yet?” sounded Leo’s quiet voice from the passenger seat of the car he and Ken were currently in. Not only did he think the blindfold was stupid, but it scared him even more since Ken was known to be a wild (grandpa) driver.

 

“In a minute,” Ken said, his voice happy and light as he laughed and Leo just sunk further into the seat, arms crossed. A full five minutes later the car stopped, and Ken said, “You can take it off now.”

 

Ripping the blindfold up as quickly as he could, Leo was momentarily blinded by the now light environment and took in his surroundings. Not being able to see much, and as Ken was already out of the car, Leo opened the door and got a better look.

 

Not believing his eyes, Leo stood there with a blank look as he took in the sign which read ‘Zoo.’  Not being able to contain himself any longer, Leo ran to the trunk, which Ken’s head had decided to take residence, and pulled him up into the light and planted a small peck on Ken’s lips before he got a hold of himself and turned around to hide his blush.

 

Ken chuckled to himself and already felt accomplished at giving Leo a nice vacation. After getting everything ready, Ken took the bag from the trunk, and then locked the car.

 

-One line to entrance later-

 

“Where do you want to go first?” Ken asked and took out the map that the ticket people had given them. It was barely there, but Ken noticed how Leo’s eyes lit up and a light smile played on his face as he took the map and studied it.

 

“Let’s go see the gibbons,” was all that was said, and they were off on their wonderful zoo adventure.

 

Ken watched Leo in all his excitement as he was mesmerized by any little thing that the zoo animals did, after the gibbons, they walked down the path to their right, and after a while came upon the Bald Eagles. After Leo just stared at them with unbridled joy for about five minutes, he walked (almost skipping in joy) to the next animals which were some brightly colored macaws and then some Galapagos tortoises right next to them.

 

After hearing Leo try to coax the bird into saying something, Ken had to drag him away slightly, or he knew they would never leave.

 

“Wow,” escaped Leo as he gasped as they came up to a big open exhibit and saw a range of different animals. There were signs placed along the edge that told of capybaras, sun conures, squirrel monkeys, and sloths. Leo took his time and read each sign, and even pointed to the words every now and then and told Ken all about what it said.

 

Ken would chuckle and hmm when Leo said something, because he knew Leo was more absorbed in watching the animals than actually trying to educate Ken. The day was starting to get hot, and Ken subtly pushed Leo down the path and into an inside aquarium. Taking a seat, Ken observed Leo as he watched the fish swim endlessly back and forth along the glass.

 

Leo was so adorable, in a child-like state, standing and gasping at the little things all the fish, or animals did throughout the day. As they came around to the snake house, Leo immediately walked over to something that had caught his eye.

 

Ken following in his wake, caught up eventually and found Leo talking to one of the keepers of the zoo who was standing outside greeting people with a snake in their hand. Leo talked to the keeper, but his eyes remained focused on the ball python that the keeper held.

 

Ken noticing this, asked, “Do you mind if he holds it? I want to get a picture.” The keeper smiled and held the snake out for Leo to hold, and once he had it situated in his hands, Ken took multiple photos, and even got one of Leo smiling as he looked down at the snake.

 

Handing the snake back to the keeper, Leo, who would have skipped even he wasn’t more manly, walked back over and approved the pictures, before dragging Ken by the hand into the snake house. Finally finding a more secluded area by a large Burmese python, Leo took the opportunity to kiss Ken again.

 

“Thank you so much for bringing me here,” he all but whispered out, and turned around for the second time that day to cover his blush. Ken, who was still a bit in a stupor, back hugged Leo and rested his head on Leo’s shoulder.

 

“Anything for my Leo,” he said and kissed Leo’s cheek, knowing without even looking that Leo was blushing even brighter than before.

 

“How about we go look at the lions?” Ken asked, somewhat bored at the s who weren’t moving too much.

 

“They have lions?!” Leo said and raised his voice a bit. Ken laughed, and smiling took Leo’s hand and pulled him out of the snake house and down another path, towards the lions, Leo’s stride taking on a bouncing quality along the way.

 

 

A/N:

 

Alright my lovely readers! Whether you be silent or not, and whether you be subscribed or not, here is the next chapter and some Keo for you!! I love animals myself, and even volunteer at a zoo, and thought it was the perfect time to break out some zoo action! Especially since we all know how Leo loves his animals!  Anyways, have a good day my mallowies (I’m going to call you that from now on! Muahahahahahahahah! <- How did my evil get there? Hmmm?), and don’t get sunburnt! Right now peace, love, marshmallows delivered to you on flying unicorn’s backs, and a fluffy and happy Leo with your favorite animals in his arms!   *chuu~    ^_~