Missing Him

30 Day Challenge

Day 8 July 14th

 

Ryeowook stumbled into the kitchen and the light to find Kangin sitting by himself, a half empty bottle of soju on the table in front of him.

 

“Kangin?” Ryeowook said and lightly touched his shoulder scaring him and making him jump before who his attacker was.

 

“Oh..Ryeowook…it’s..i-it’s you,” Kangin said and returned to his previous position but more alert this time since Ryeowook was there.

 

Ryeowook sat down opposite Kangin and took in his appearance. It looked like he hadn’t gotten any sleep and he had a kicked puppy look.

 

“Is this about L-Leeteuk?” Ryeowook stuttered over his words since he knew it was a sore subject.

 

“I thought I could drown myself in alcohol,” Kangin said and gave a short laugh that had no joy behind it, “But then I k-knew that T-Teukie wouldn’t like it s-so I s-stopped.” Ryeowook heard his voice shaking and that he was on the verge of tears.

 

Standing up, Ryeowook took the bottle of soju and poured the rest of it down the sink. Throwing the bottle away, Ryeowook strode back over to Kangin and then gently hugged him. In the comfort of Ryeowook’s arms, Kangin took this as a signal that it was alright to cry, alright to show the hurt that both of them felt.  And Ryeowook cried too.

 

Both men in silence let the tears slip that they couldn’t show to the world, a slight whimper here or there, but silent as night.

 

Finally having cried themselves tired, Ryeowook released Kangin so he could stand up, “Thank you,” was all he said before leaving Ryeowook alone in the kitchen.

 

Watching the retreating back until it was swallowed by darkness, Ryeowook sent a short pray for Leeteuk and Yesung both to be safe, and brought home quickly. Then he flicked the lights off and darkness took reign again.

 

 

A/N:

 

Ok guys! Don’t know why, but I went with a sadder and darker short story this time. A little relief from the fluff. I just got it into my head and here it is! Hope all of you have had a better day than Kangin or Ryeowook in the story, and that you can always be with the ones you love! Right, some sunshine, some unicorns, a little bit of angst, and wishes for better days ahead!   *chuu~   ^_~