Normal

Love Covers a Multitude of Sins

So, I thought 'Normal' would be a cute Chapter Heading.  Let me know if you don't agree.


November 7, 2016

Mina and YoungSaeng were left sleeping peacefully when Mina's parents left for work.  They would take more time to spend with their daughter and boyfriend at the end of the week, but for now, were leaving the young people to enjoy themselves.  Mina woke up before YoungSaeng as usual.  Stumbling into the bathroom, she brushed her teeth and splashed her face with water.  She promised to take YoungSaeng shopping and it was already ten.  A little more awake, she knocked on his door.  "Orabeoni, are you awake?"  Of course, there wasn't an answer, they hadn't gotten home from Ilana's too late, but they were still a little jet-lagged and she was sure Ilana's total forgiveness gave her boyfriend a peaceful sleep"Orabeoni...? Mina cautiously opened the door with her eyes closed.  "Orabeoni...are you sleeping?"  There was no response and she opened her eyes.  "Sleepy Otter," he was still sound asleep.  He looked so sweet with his head face first in the pillow and legs and arms sprawled out.  Her parents weren't home, and it wasn't like they'd be doing anything inappropriate; she carefully moved one arm and then one leg, just enough to give her room to lay down next to him.

Successfully scooting in as close as possible, Mina ran her fingers through his hair, something that she couldn't get enough of, she explored his muscular back over his sleep shirt.  "Saranghae...you're beautiful in every way."  Awkwardly inching forward, she was able to touch her lips to his. Mina's warmth and scent permeated YoungSaeng's unconscious.  He shifted a bit and his arm shot out from his side and hooked it over her neck, making her fall on top of him.  "Orabeoni!"  She landed in a tangled mess of blanket.

Awakened by the sudden drop of weight on top of him, YoungSaeng opened his eyes in surprise.  "Oh!  Annyeong."

- "Orabeoni, let me up!"  She was still pinned against him, their lips only inches apart.  He didn't let her go, but with a hand at the back of her head, crashed his lips into hers.  Mina couldn't escape, not that she wanted to.

YoungSaeng was still lost in this early morning dream.  He trapped her legs between his securing her against him as he devoured her lips.  Leaving her hair, his hands roamed down her back, wanting to feel the warm skin beneath them.  As soon as he began lifting the back of her shirt and his hands made sweet contact, he froze.  With eyes wide open, he pushed her off him.   "Micheoussso??!!  Your parents!!"

- "They left for work and we weren't doing anything wrong."

Somehow, YoungSaeng thought her parents wouldn't agree.  "Mina-yang is half- in my bed."

- "Orabeoni...," she laughed.  "I'm not half-."  She got herself comfortable and cuddled up next to her boyfriend again, wrapping an arm and a leg around him.

- "Yah...this isn't a good idea," not in her parents’ home.  Not when she wasn't wearing a bra under her sleep tank and the soft flesh up against his side was sending dangerous signals up to his brain and somewhere else.  "Jagiya..."  He had to hold his breath and keep still as a statue; he was even scared to hold her.

She grinned.  "Just turn off whatever is going through your brain."

- "It's not that simple."

- "Orabeoni knows we won't be going there, maja?  So just keep still and let me do the cuddling."  She gave him a smack on the chest.  Mina didn't move, just laid her head on his chest and enjoyed his solid warmth.  "Orabeoni, Hold me."

She was right, knowing that they didn't want to go further than their current intimacy level, took the pressure off and soon, he too relaxed.  "Mina, Saranghae," he brought her hand to his lips and then tucked it against his neck.  They dozed back off for another hour.

Ilana and Jihoo went back to their normal routines.  Jihoo was glad to put the whole issue with his wife and her friend behind them.  He was happy, she was happy and, of course, their dtal was happy and taken care of.  She'd had a busy few days and was glad to get back to her schedule.

Dr. Kyle spied Jihoo smiling to himself as he entered details of a patient's treatment into the computer.  "Glad to have you back," he said.

- "I was only gone for two days," Jihoo replied.

- "Still...we need to get as much use out of you before you leave again."  Aside from leaving for Seoul in December, the hospital director has been putting pressure on the pulmonary department to convince Jihoo to leave the mobile clinic.  At first, there weren't openings and then they weren't really sure they wanted a doctor who was gone every other three months.  Then Jihoo didn't want to leave the mobile clinic.  He loved the people that came to them for a variety of reasons and it gave him a flexible schedule to be with his wife and daughter every day as well as taking care of his business in Seoul three months at a time.

- "Don't get rid of me, yet," Jihoo said.  "I still have about five weeks."

- "True, true..."

- "Dr. Jihoo...I have an asthma patient," Carina said.

- "I'll be right there..." A Doctor could be a Doctor anywhere and he was grateful to be able to help people in need.

Ilana, without HaEun had been touring a building for purchase in their downtown area.  It was a rundown once hotel/apartment building.  It had a sordid past and the neighborhood was glad that it had been shut down months ago.  Ilana had been in prayer about turning this building into something good.  Before presenting it to the board, she wanted Jihoo's opinion.  Not that it would affect him or their family, but her vision for this property was close to her heart.  There was really nothing appealing about the building and demolishing it and starting over would be the least expensive option.  But, that was why she had her V.P. of architecture and ILC Inn general manager with her.  "It has no curb appeal," the V.P. said.  "This type of drab facade no longer blends with the neighborhood architecture.  We can demolish and start over or add a piazza, have the roof hang over and pop out a dining room on the side.  Add some sort of drought-resistant shrubbery; it could be made to look like the bungalow-style homes."

- "You'll need a bedroom for round the clock staff," the Inn's General Manager said.  "And someone to clean and cook as well as someone to run it and take payments and reservations, etc."

- "Yes, of course, we'll need someone with management experience.  The rest of the staff will be High School and College Students, willing to live at the hotel.  Room and board will be included in their salary, but they must be a student or have a valid reason for not being one.  This will give kids that have nowhere to go, work experience in the hotel industry.  I think this will get kids off the street, giving them a future, as we have a serious homeless problem in our city.  Later, when we begin making a profit, perhaps I can help a student or two with college if they choose hotel management or culinary schools.  Programs such as these are common in the inner cities, the difference being, they are not for profit and we will be.  The way I see it, we can make our money back in about a year."

- "Yes, you can charge more per night for a bed and breakfast type establishment, than the hotel and you'll only have two-three employees.  Without seeing the exact numbers, I can't say for certain, but I'm confident that it could be a profitable venture."

To the real estate agent, Ilana asked.  "Will the owner be willing to negotiate, just to get this property off his hands?  I'm not willing to pay his asking price for this building that needs so much work."

- "It's already listed below market value."

- "I'll need it to come down another twenty-five percent."  Ilana was not about to pay full market value for a building she might demolish.

By the time YoungSaeng and Mina finally got out of bed, showered, ate a quick breakfast of fruit, eggs, and toast and both styled their hair and applied face products, they didn't leave for the outlet mall until after two P.M.  There was already traffic on the freeway and Mina drove very carefully.  This was the first time she had been behind the wheel in a year.  "Mianhae jagi...I should be driving, not you."  He drove in the army, but apart from that, he hasn't really touched a car.  He gets taken everywhere or he and his Sunbae-deul would share a cab together in Japan.

- "Gwenchana...you don't know the area.  By the time we go back, I'll be used to driving again and then it will be back on the trains and busses and cabs."

- "Mina-yang doesn't want her own car?"

- "Mollah, it's so easy to get around on the trains and buses; it's not that much of an inconvenience.  Most clients come to us, except if they are in the metro area, we'll go to them."

Once at the outlet mall, the couple slowly meandered through each store hand in hand.  They didn't have to worry about anyone spotting them or disguises.  No one would ever guess that a Hallyu star would be walking around a Southern California outlet mall, hand in hand with his girlfriend.  Just in case, because the Orange County Asian population was quite high, he wore the red ball cap Mina had given him.  Mina went straight to the Banana Republic and Ann Taylor her two favorite stores for work clothes.  YoungSaeng, wrapped his arms around her, leaning his chin on her shoulder as she perused the same rack for a few minutes.  "Orabeoni...you know the best thing about Seoul?"

- "Na?"

Mina reached a hand back to pinch his cheek.  "Mianhaeyo, Orabeoni is a close second."  When he pulled away in mock disappointment, she grabbed his arms and restored them to her waist.  "Arraseo, arraseo, it's a tie.  The other best thing is getting to wear all the cute winter clothes that I can't wear in Southern California."

He laughed at her and pinched her cheek in retaliation.  "Orabeoni!"  When he let go of her cheek she gave him a quick kiss on his.  Something as simple as that would most likely turn heads in Seoul.  "Deh...this isn't your style.  Kaja, we'll check another store."  Of course, Ann Taylor loft was her next stop.  "Orabeoni...just for a few minutes, juseyo?"  She batted her eyelashes at him.

Since she rarely used aegyo, he couldn't resist when she did.  "Arraso, hajiman Mina-yang has to pay the tax."

- "The tax?"  She grinned.  "What type of tax?"  Conscious that they were in a shopping mall, he brought her gracefully into his arms, wrapping them around her and leaning his chin on her shoulder.  "Orabeoni?"  He kissed her cheek, softly, and distracted she turned to face him (wondering what he was doing) and he neatly captured her lips.

He didn't stay in the kiss for long; he wanted only a taste of her lips.  "Gomawo for paying the tax," he said with his Otter's smile.

- "Am I paid in full?  Or was that just an installment?"

- "Definitely an installment.  Na will advise nae jagiya when she is due."

- "Pabo Otter," she grabbed his hand and dragged him into the store, immediately falling in love with a pink maxi pencil skirt and complimenting cream sweater, holding it up to herself, she looked at her boyfriend with a hopeful expression.

- "Annchoah."

- "Wae anieyo?"

- "The skirt's too long," he grinned.

- "Orabeoni...what will I do with you?"

- "Jagi can give me another installment."  Mina glared at him and pushed past to where the dresses were but got distracted by the sweater tunics, which were her favorite lounging wear.  YoungSaeng left her side and grabbed a pair of black shorts to go with the teal-colored tunic and a shopping bag.  "Yah...what did you put in the bag?"

- "Amogotdo."

- "Orabeoni...let me see."

- "Amugeotdo!  Chincha..." he began to walk toward the other side of the store.  It wasn't as if she could chase him.

- "Orabeoni...what are you up to?"

- "Amugeotdo, jagi can go look at what she was looking at and I'll look over here."

She left him alone, deciding it wasn't worth the scene in the store. Letting him have his drama moment of picking out her clothes, she didn't have to buy any of it.  "Sir..." a sales lady approached him.  "May I place these items in a dressing room for you?"

- "Yes, for my girlfriend, Mina.  Please don't let her see what I've selected?"

- "I won't; don't worry."  The sales lady ran off with the bag that he had filled with shorts and short skirts.

While Mina was engrossed in the dresses, pants, and coordinating sweaters, YoungSaeng went toward the accessories, picking out a few scarves of varying weight and envisioning himself removing them and devouring her neck with kisses.  Then her Dad's face came to mind and he hastily put back all but one scarf and a necklace.

Mina grabbed a few coordinating outfits, mainly wool skirts, pants, tunics, tanks, and cardigans.  She turned to spy her boyfriend and spotted his mischievous grin over by the accessories.  "Orabeoni?"  She called, walking up to him.

YoungSaeng startled slightly but quickly bestowed her with his famous smile.  "Jagi should have those items placed in the dressing room that was already started for you." He motioned to the pile of clothes draped over her arm.

- "Ah deh?"

- "Deh...na just picked out a few things."

- "Oh...I can't wait to see what Orabeoni picked," she said in all seriousness.

About an hour later, they finally emerged from the store, both having got their way.  Mina got her long pink skirt and YoungSaeng the flouncy short skirts he had enjoyed envisioning her in and also a few scarves.  The mall was getting crowded, the workday0 was just about over and soon people would be coming for dinner and drinks at the various restaurants.  "Orabeoni begopayo?"

- "Anieyo, didn't we just eat lunch?"

- "It was more like brunch.  Should we shop for you now?"

- "Deh," he shrugged.  "As long as it means Na can hold your hand and on occasion...," he touched her lips with his, tenderly caressing each one.

- "Na... won’t object..." Mina said in a day-dreamy voice.

He dragged her into the Converse store next; making Mina's eyes crossed at all the different sneakers.  After narrowing down several pairs, YoungSaeng brought them to Mina for her approval.  "Jagi...pick one."

- "Orabeoni...mollah..."  She was looking at three very busy shoes.

- "Just close your eyes and tell me the first one you think of."

Mina did as he requested.  "The green low-rise," she said confidently.

- "Chincha?"  He'd rather have the DC comic high tops, but he asked her to pick and couldn't go back now.

- "Deh."

- "Arraso."  Once paid and out the door, he thanked his girlfriend with a kiss.  He was enjoying dating her out in the open, being able to be a normal guy with his girlfriend.  "Where to now?"

- "Calvin Klein and DKNY, then we can pick you up some basics at H & M...Ah!  We can visit Nordstrom Rack and Off Sax Fifth Avenue."

- "Nae Mina Yang is in charge?"

- "Deh?"  Mina's eyes lit up.  Having your own 'Ken' doll to play dress-up with, was going to be a blast.

YoungSaeng noticed the excitement in her eyes and took her head in between his hands.  "What is going through jagi's head?"  

- "Amugeotdo.  Bpo bpo and your marketing director will do a good job picking out clothes."

- "And if I don't give Mina Yang Bpo bpo?"

- "Heo YoungSaeng-ssi can pick out his own clothes and Uber home."

- "Aigoo...this marketing director is strict."

After the required kiss, Mina dragged him off to the stores, throwing at him, sweaters and pants.  A camel-colored wool turtleneck caught her eye and she grabbed it.  She eyed the snug turtleneck and her fit boyfriend, imagining the feel of him in her arms.  Snapping out of it, she grabbed the sweater in dark blue as well.  "These will go well with your new shoes," not waiting for a response, she took off to find coordinating pants and jackets, only pausing for a second at midnight blue blazer, she grabbed it and the matching tan blazer next to it.  They left the store with another full bag, compliments of the midnight blue blazer and a few sweaters.  He had to say no to the long camel-colored coat.  It wasn’t that he didn't like it; he just thought it was too bulky to carry home.  "Jagiya...we're going to need another suitcase for all the new clothes."

- "Choah!!  I haven't had this much fun shopping in a long time."

- "Deh?  Then Na shouldn't complain if Na jagiya is happy."  Despite both holding bags in one hand, he caught her off guard and lifted her off the ground just enough to give her a quick kiss and then placed her back down.  "Mina yang makes me happy."

- "Orabeoni makes me happy."  There was a bench nearby.  "Orabeoni, anja,” she led him by the hand.

- "Mina yang is tired of shopping?"

- "Anieyo, Na can shop all night, but the mall closes at nine."

- "We have three hours," YoungSaeng looked at his phone.

- "Begopaehyo?"

- "Ahh, deh," YoungSaeng thought about it and he was hungry.  "What's there to eat?"

- "No seafood for Orabeoni, that leaves...Tu tu tango, but that's small plates, Orabeoni won't be satisfied."

- "Na can have na Mina-yang for dessert."

- "Anieyo...,” she ignored his comment“Dave and Busters is fun and Lucky Strike, both a little noisy, though.  Corner Bakery is sandwiches, salads, and Pasta.  There's also the steak place or the food court, craving anything?"

- "Mollah...should we just walk?"

In the end, they settled for the Spanish tapas bar, Cafe Tu tu Tango, sharing a beer and a sampler platter of Cajun Chicken Egg Rolls, Chipotle Chicken Empanadas, Stuffed Mushrooms, and Steak Skewers.  They talked and fed each other, in between little kisses and smiled and laughed over nothing much.  “Has Orabeoni ever been to Spain?”  Mina thought to ask since they were eating at a Spanish fusion restaurant.

- "Anieyo, what about Mina yang?”

- “Only once, when I was very little, we spent Christmas with Ilana and her family.  I don’t remember much, but I’ve seen the pictures and it’s beautiful.  There was a lake on the property and a river running at the edge of it.  It was snowing and cold outside, hajiman we were kept warm inside with hot chocolate and cider and freshly baked sweets.”

YoungSaeng smiled at her memory.  “Will Mina-yang show me when we get back to your home?”

- “Guerae!”  YoungSaeng reached for an egg roll and offered her the first bite.  “Masheesuhyo…,” she wiped the crumbs from her lips and YoungSaeng was left wishing he’d kissed them off.  “Gomawo, Orabeoni," she said after he gave her another bite.

- "Waeyo?"

- "Choah our date.  What should we do tomorrow?"                        

- "As long as Na can spend the day with Mina-yang, it doesn't matter what we do."

- "Orabeoni is stuck with me."

- "Na wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

Mina felt her heart exploding at his words.  Had she never experience true love?  Sure, she felt affection for her previous boyfriend, but not this heart constricting (or was it a filling) feeling she had just thinking of YoungSaeng.  His bone-melting kisses were also a first.  Thinking of other firsts, she'd like to experience with him, she began to blush.

They were sitting on the patio of the restaurant and YoungSaeng's eyes had momentarily looked onto the passing traffic of people.  It was getting busier.  He suddenly realized his girlfriend had been very quiet.  Not that she chattered, but she'd not made any noise at all.  Turning his head, he saw her staring at a point somewhere near him and blushing.  "Jagiya?"  He waved his hand in front of her.

Mina had her fingers curled around the pint glass and nearly knocked it over when YoungSaeng’s actions permeated her wayward thoughts.  “Omo, Orabeoni, mianhae...I spaced out.”

Grinning, he asked:  “Deh?  And what was jagi thinking of that made her blush so cute.”

- “Anieyo!  Na wasn’t blushing…” she lifted the pint glass, trying to hide behind it.  “It must be the beer and...and it’s still warm out,” she defended herself.

- “Maja...hokshina jagi is getting sick?  Na don’t remember your face getting flushed after only half a glass of beer?”

He was picking on her and she knew it well.  “Mollah!”  She brought the glass to her lips and downed the rest of her beer.

YoungSaeng was greatly amused and very curious as to what her thoughts had been to cause her to down her beer, instead of telling him.  “Should we get jagi another one?  Or should Na just wonder what she was thinking?”

- "Amugeotdo!  What does Orabeoni want to do tomorrow?”  She changed the subject.

- “Na already told Mina-yang, na want to go anywhere as long as she’s there.  Did one beer make you forget what we just said a few minutes ago?  Will na have to call Abeojim to come pick us up?”

- “Orabeoni!”

She was so cute with the angry frown on her face; he was tempted to keep teasing her, but instead took her hand in his.  “Yah...yah...Mina yang loses her temper so easily.”  He kissed her fingers and placed her hand on his cheek, a smile was starting to adorn her pretty face.  “Nomu choah, even when you’re blustery.  You’re like a fast-moving storm, by the time I get under cover, it’s over.”  She was blushing again, embarrassed at the compliment.  Not letting go her hand, he reached for her face.  “Nomu yippeun,” he brought her face to his lips and kissed her smooth cheek.  “Saranghae.”

- “Nomu saranghae,” she kissed him back and fed him a steak skewer.  "Orabeoni, there's an aquarium in Monterey Bay that's an Otter research and rescue facility hajiman that's a seven-hour drive.  We couldn't do that in one day.  We'd have to stay at a hotel or bed and breakfast."

- “Jagi, if we stayed at a bed and breakfast, Na wouldn’t be letting you out of bed.”

- “Yah!!  Heo YoungSaeng!”  She gave him a pinch because she couldn't get a good kick in.

- “Yah?!  What is Mina-yang thinking?  Ah?  By the color of your face, I’d say they weren’t pure thoughts?”  Little did he know that when it came to him, many impure thoughts crossed her head.  She sighed a little; they had just begun their relationship.  She loved him exceedingly, but the ‘M’ word was nowhere in sight.  He’d just begun his career.  Now, instead of blushing her face had fallen as if saddened by a sudden thought. “Mina-yah...wae?”  He caressed her cheek with his thumb.

Mina shook her head to dispel the tempting and at the same time, sad, thoughts.  She smiled at him and said "we can go to the Long Beach aquarium and then walk around shoreline village, even visit the Queen Mary."

- “Na lived on a cruise ship for more than five years, Na don’t need to tour one,” he said with amusement.  “If Jagi wants to see the aquarium, we can.  Na think I’ve been to the shoreline village; it’s not far from where the ship docks at the Port of Los Angeles.  I remember a place closer to the port, mostly restaurants.”   Then he sighed, “They were all seafood.”

Mina laughed.  “Deh, that’s Ports O’ Call Village in San Pedro.  It’s made to look like a New England seaside village.”  Mina laughed again at the ‘not interested’ look on his face.  “How did Orabeoni end up working on a cruise ship if he dislikes seafood?”

- “There’s more to life on a cruise ship then eating seafood, deh?”  

- “Mollah, except for a Harbor cruise, I’ve never been.”

- “Chincha?  Na will take you one day.  Where does jagi want to go?” 

- "The Mediterranean."

- “Arraso; I’ve never been.  It will be a first for both of us.”

After enjoying a Kahlua Crème Brulee, the couple hit several more stores, only letting each other’s hand go if absolutely necessary.  And that was only when the other was forcing an article of clothing or accessory at the other person.  “Orabeoni!  Feel this scarf...it’s sooo soft!”  Mina draped the brick lamb’s wool scarf over his neck.

- “Anieyo...Na have the scarf Mina yang made me, it’s all I need.  Unless she wants to make me another one?”

- “Chincha?  With the little otter embroidered on it?”

- “Otter?”

- “Orabeoni, jeongmal...you didn’t notice there was an otter at the tip?”

- “Ah, let’s go see the hats for nae Mina-yang,” YoungSaeng dragged her to the women's section, hoping not to get scolded.  He promised to take a better look at the scarf once he got home.

Once they were done playing in the accessories, YoungSaeng got sidetracked by the baby girl clothes.  Specifically, he was enamored by a red wool cape.  “Anieyo…,” Mina stopped his thoughts as she looked at the price tag.  You are not spending $250 on a coat HaEun will probably outgrow before she even gets to wear it.”

- “What if we buy it several sizes bigger?”

- “Favorite Oppa or not, I guarantee Ilana will make you get your head examined if you spend that much money.  Kaja, you can buy her an Otter at the aquarium.”  She dragged her pouty boyfriend out of the store.  "We have only forty-five minutes until the mall closes, H & M?  We already know what fits you there."

- “Deh…,” he trudged along, but really, he needed to buy her something.  When she’d dragged him into an accessory store, he saw what he was looking for.  Mina-yah, I need to use the restroom, pick what you like and I’ll pay you back tomorrow.”

- “Ani, I’ll just wait for you.”

- “Ka...get a head start.  Like you said, we have less than an hour.  I’ll be right there.”

- Arraso…,” she didn’t want to but didn’t want to be a clingy girlfriend that didn’t let him go to the bathroom by himself.  She cheered herself up by remembering he said she could buy whatever she wanted.

YoungSaeng immediately ran to the small store and picked up what he wanted.  It wasn’t expensive at all, he would’ve like to buy her something a little more valuable, but this would serve his purpose, for now.  After all, Christmas was around the corner.

YoungSaeng was in and out of the store in about five minutes.  "I have five minutes to get back to my girlfriend," he was already pulling money from his wallet.  He'd surprised the young sales lady by running into the store so close to closing time and making such an announcement as soon he rushed in the door.  One could tell she was getting ready to make a quick getaway as soon as the clock struck nine.  "You don’t have to ring me up,” he said, placing cash on the counter and then pointing to a pair of rings under his finger.  “Please wrap those rings for me and ring them up after.  Keep the change. The salesgirl, probably in High School or first year of college was confused and just stared at him.  "Pali...juseyo!"  He practically begged.

- "Ye...yes, sir.  I-I really should ring you up first and I think you're giving me more than what the rings will come to."  From what she could see, there was at least twenty dollars extra.  Finishing the wrapping, she said.  "I need the job to pay for school and don't want to get in trouble."

- "Kansamnida," he grabbed the package from the counter.  "The extra money is yours, I won't need to return the rings and I'll call your boss tomorrow and let them know what a great help you were."  He had been slowly walking backward and now ran out the door, back to his waiting girlfriend.  The poor sales clerk was still left in shock, but twenty dollars was more than what she made an hour, so she supposed she should count herself fortunate.  In five minutes, she’d made two hours’ worth of pay.

Mina was grinning to herself as she held up a pair of skinny chinos and matching sweater when two arms were suddenly around her and a warm breath was felt in her ear.  "Omo!!"  Dropping the clothing, she jumped and YoungSaeng had to take a step back or the back of her head would have hit his lip.  "Oh!  Orabeoni...I wasn't paying attention.  You startled me...did you run?"  He was a little out of breath from having to sprint from the jewelry store.

- "Deh...na had to use the restroom a little further down.  The one on the other side of the store was closed."

- "Oh, mianhae.  I'm almost done," she threw the outfit in the bag.

- "Jagiya...there better be items in there for you and not just for me."

- "I grabbed us matching sweaters, this cute V-neck dress, a corduroy skirt, some gloves and this cute denim handbag."

- "I see a lot more in the shopping bag..."

- "It's just basics for Orabeoni..." she smiled cutely, pinched his cheek, and walked away.

In the end, they were the last ones in the store.  She'd purchased him about twenty items, mostly basic t-shirts in different length sleeves and a few more chinos and sweaters.  Living on the ship, then the military, he wore a uniform 95% of the time.  He really did need to rebuild his wardrobe.  Of course, having told his marketing director, she wasted no time in alleviating him of that concern.

Sitting on a bench, in the California Fall night that was still warm by Seoul standards; the couple caught their breath.  They had been shopping for about six hours.  "Orabeoni pigonhaeyo?”

- “Ani, is Mina-yang?”

- “Jogeum.  Hajiman na don’t want this day to end yet.”

- “We still have more days, it’s only Monday.”

- "Deh…hajiman…Sunday seems so close and Na want to cram the days with all the activities normal couples do."  She had been leaning her head against his shoulder and she suddenly sat up.  “Orabeoni, we don’t have to go home yet.  We can watch a movie or go bowling?”

- “Chincha?  Jagi wants to stay out longer?”

- “It’s still early by Seoul standards, it’s only nine and we’re on vacation.  We can go to the aquarium tomorrow or just laze around at the beach or have a picnic?”

- “Guerae…we’ll do whatever jagi wants to do.”  They spent the next two hours in an adrenaline-pumping, fiercely competitive bowling tournament between boyfriend and girlfriend.  Many a conciliatory kiss was awarded to the partner with the lowest frames and high fives when one did unexpectedly well.  YoungSaeng wasn’t ready to give her his gift yet, the setting wasn’t right, so it remained hidden in his shopping bag.

Jihoo arrived home late, as he had a last-minute dinner meeting with the hospital director and the head of the pulmonary clinic.  His wife understood, but he still felt guilty at not being there to kiss HaEun goodnight and have dinner with them.  He needed time to meditate on the meeting.  He didn't have to respond just yet, but he would like to give the director an answer by the end of the week.  This was a great opportunity to use his gifts, but at what cost?  How many nights would he not see his daughter or have dinner with his wife?  He shook his head, trying not to make more of it than it really was.  His favorite florist was closed for the night, as were all the others.  The organic grocery store had good quality flowers and from there he could take the scenic winding route home.

With a bouquet made up of fall colors and dahlias, carnations, roses, and lilies, he made his way home through the dark winding road.  With the car's high beams on, he could see the road clearly.  Though his mind wandered to the offer the director had made, he drove slowly, and his eyes remained vigilant.  He didn't want more hours than he already had and if he became a hospitalist again, he could be working up to twenty more hours a week.  Working at the clinic, he'd retain his forty hours but could be on call at random times increasing the number of hours.  He had to look back to why he'd become a Doctor.  It was JanDi and Harabeoji that had inspired him.  JanDi already knew what she wanted to study after helping Harabeoji in the clinic for two years.  He'd taken a year longer to realize what he wanted, mainly because of his Grandfathers illness.  He didn't choose cardiology, but instead pulmonology.  He figured his Grandfather would need support for his lungs as well as his heart.  He already had the best cardiologist, so he studied pulmonology during his military years and was determined to be the best.  He didn't want worldwide recognition; he wanted to be the best for his Grandfather and now his wife and daughter.  But what exactly was his personal best?  “Yesunim?  Where can I serve Yesu, my family, and Su-Am foundation best?”  He spoke to the night wind as the convertible hugged the curved street in passing.

The answer came as he entered the driveway.

"May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands."

- “Yesu?  Is this where you want to use me?  At the clinic?  What of Anae and dtal?  I don’t want to spend long hours away from them?”

- "The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and keep it."

The garden, Jihoo thought, included not only his work outside of the home but also inside with his family.  “Deh, Yesunim.”  Jihoo still felt a little worried but felt that the Lord was giving him this task and would work everything out for the good of him and his family.  Jihoo quietly climbed the stairs to the bedroom.  He didn’t want to disturb anyone.  He first poked his head in the nursery to give HaEun her nightly blessing.  “May God bless you and watch over you,” he caressed the downy head.  HaEun twitched in her sleep just a bit and sighed as if now that she had her blessing, she could really get down to sleep.  “Saranghae,he whispered.  Picking up the flowers, but leaving his medical bag, he made his way to their room.  He saw the light on in the room as he passed, so he knew she was already there.

Without her husband's company for the evening, HaEun and Ilana had gone for a walk right after dinner and got ready for bed early.  After a story, song, and prayer, Ilana had placed their daughter in her crib to stretch out and sleep.  They had the sleep routine down and very rarely did she protest.  Ilana had gone back to her room with the laptop to do some research.  Joy was curled up in her lap and Ilana was completely focused on the screen in front of her.  That's where she was when her husband crept up behind her with a kiss on the cheek and flowers.  He snuck up on her each time, “goyangi!”  Ilana startled the cat with her reaction and she stormed off.

- “Is Sarang talking to Joy or me?”

Ilana stood from her seat and gave her husband a welcome home kiss that lasted a bit longer than necessary, but neither one would notice.  “Nampyon, goyangi.  Who else?"  Ilana smiled as she gazed at the beautiful bouquet.  "Yippeun, gomawo," she looked back up at her husband.  "Joy doesn’t sneak up on me; she makes sure I know I’m in her presence.”  Her husband laughed.  Their cat had become much needier now that she wasn’t a kitten.  She didn’t care for their long absences at all and to top it all off, she now had to share them with HaEun.  “How was your meeting?”

- “Choah…is Sarang tired or would you like to sit outside for a little while?”

- “Sarang…what is it?”  She knew he didn’t like to discuss certain things in the bedroom; he’d rather do so outside or downstairs.  “Can Sarang not tell me in the nice warm room or downstairs?”

He moved away from her to the closet and grabbed a quilt that was given to them by the wife of one of Harabeoji's friend's.  “Just for a few minutes, if we go downstairs, Sarang will fall asleep by the fire.  Gwenchana, Na will keep you warm.  Grab your warm robe and let me change,” he had showered at the hospital before going to dinner.

Anticipating a blast of cold air, she was surprised it really wasn’t that bad.  In a month, Seoul would only be in the teens at night.  There would be no heart to heart discussions outside.

Jihoo followed his wife quickly.  She had already the heat lamp, removed the covering from the lounger, and wrapped herself in the quilt.  “Yah...Anae doesn’t plan on letting me keep her warm?”  He was tugging at the blanket.

- "Shiro...Nampyon called me out of our nice warm bedroom to talk, so talk."

He saw the smile playing on her lips, she could never pretend to be angry for very long.  Lying next to her, he pulled her on top of him, blanket and all.

- "Yoon Jihoo!"

He captured her lips in a bold kiss that stopped her protesting.  "Na have been waiting hours to do that and Sarang is arguing with me."

- "Miahnae...," she brushed her lips against his.  "Sarang...let me up and I'll let you share the blanket."

- "Gwenchana...na just want to hold you."

- "Is Sarang going to tell me what the meeting was about?  Are you fired?"  She'd brought her fingers under his neck and was massaging some of the day's tension out.

- "Anieyo...don't joke.  If that was the case, we'd be leaving for Seoul, so Na could take full responsibility for the foundation."

- "Is that what Sarang wants?"  She'd stopped moving her fingers.

- "Na didn't tell anae to stop," he urged her fingers back into action.

- "Dehhhh...bama (your highness)."

He grinned at her mock sarcasm.  "Deh...hajiman...na want to be Uissa more than that.  Whatever Na can do with nae talents and still be at Anae and Dtal's side is what Na want to do."  He scooted her off him with a kiss on the forehead.  By this time, she'd come free from her haphazard swaddling and was able to throw the quilt over them both and snuggle into his side under the cocoon of her making.  "They've offered me a position with the pulmonology clinic.  It seems, one of the Doctor's is leaving and on the heels of my trip to New York, it was the perfect Opportunity."

- "Chincha?  Did you accept?"

- "Ani, hajiman I plan too.  Na wanted to pray about it and give anae the news first."

- "Gomawo, for letting me know before Sarang gave his answer and chukahae," she sat up to look at him.  "Wae is Sarang not pleased?"  He had been very happy to get hired at the mobile clinic, even if he'd rarely be using his specialty, she didn't understand why he wasn't happy to be back in pulmonary care.

- "Neaga...na just worry about anae and dtal feeling neglected?"  Her eyes questioned him, but she let him continue.  "Does Sarang know wae I didn't take another hospitalist job when we were married?"

She shook her head 'no'.  "Because na didn't want to leave you alone for days.  Before Na met Sarang, I rarely went to my apartment.  As a hospitalist, you're working about sixty - eighty hours a week."

- "Will Sarang have to work such long hours with the clinic?"  Ilana asked with a little fear in her heart.

- "Anieyo...," he pulled her back down to him.  "It will be forty and occasionally a bit more.  Na will try to arrange it so Naega home at the same time every day, deh?  This is a door Yesu has opened and who am I to say no?"

- "Algesubnida, HaEun and I can take care of ourselves if you're late on occasion.  And Na can help you with foundation work if Sarang needs it."

- "Na just don't want to get so busy that neaga neglecting Anae and dtal.  It's not like we need the money, hajiman...Na just want to use the ability Yesu gave me."

- "Greomyo...didn't someone tell me not to hide who I am?"

Jihoo took an inward breath as if in thought...."deh, mollah if Sarang ever really did as she was told."

- "Did too..." she began to poke his side in retaliation.  Her finger would hurt before it did any damage to him.  "It... just...took...a little...longer...for...me...to...start," she said in between pokes.

- "Hajimaseo.  How does Sarang like it when I tickle her?"

- "That's different!"

- "Eottoke?"  He grabbed her hands in one of his and began tickling her back.

- "Anieyo!  Anieyo!"  She tried not to shout.  There was plenty of property between them and the neighbor, but one couldn't be too careful.  "Hajima!"

- "Eottoke?  How is it different?  Answer nampyon and I'll think of stopping?"  His wife was laughing and crying, and her hair was a complete disaster.  A beautiful mess in his opinion.

Ilana tried to catch her breath to give him an answer, but she couldn't breathe.  "Ha-ji-ma!  Jae-bal!"  He took mercy on her and let her catch her breath.  "Sarang is a brick wall!"  She tried kicking his shin, but he blocked her and now she was truly trapped under him.  "Sarang..." she begged.  "Let's go back inside, deh?"

- "Sarang is a mess and very beautiful," he said all in English before stopping her breath again, but this time with passionate kiss and embrace.  He suddenly had the desire for a quick, possessive, and fiery lovemaking session.  He wouldn't survive long enough for the slow and meticulous lovemaking, where he made love to every inch of her, watching her release several times before seeking his own.  He conveyed his need through kisses; he claimed her tongue possessively while his hands claimed her neck and smoothed the strap of her nightgown off her shoulder.

Ilana was quickly losing touch with reality around her.  The only thing that mattered was her husband's lips, her hands in his hair and his hands on her body.  Then a nagging thought crept into her head.  She had wanted to talk to him too.  The mornings were difficult to discuss things as she had to feed HaEun and then her husband had to get ready for work.  "Oh...but I don't want to stop," her body said.  While her brain said, "stop, you wanted to share your news too."  With reluctance, she began to pull away first, slowing down the fire in them by changing the rhythm of kisses to a slower pace, until coming to a complete stop.

Jihoo didn't understand what was happening, he knew his wife well and she never turned him down.  Even if she was a little tired, a few ardent kisses could always convince her.  "Sarang, gwenchana?"  He gave her forehead a tender kiss.

- "Mianhae...it's just Na wanted to talk to you too and as much as I want to go back to what we were doing..." she gave him an apologetic smile.  "It's hard to talk in the mornings."

- "Na was only thinking of myself, mian," he got up and lifted the back of the lounge chair, so they could sit up and talk.  "Arraso," he adjusted the quilt around them and brought her head to rest on his shoulder.  "What does anae want to tell me?"

- "It doesn't affect our family, hajiman...Na would like if you'd look at a new venture I'm considering.  I'm not in a hurry, as I'd like to get more information and I'm also not willing to pay the asking price."

- "Should na ask JunPyo or WooBin?  They're the experts."

- "Anieyo gwenchanayo, na have already consulted ILC's own experts on this.  Na just wanted to tell you what Na was considering and who knows, eventually, maybe we can test it in Seoul as well."

His wife was intriguing him, so he lifted her off his shoulder to see her face.  "Sarang, Na can see this is something important to you, just tell me and Na will help you any way I can."

Ilana hadn't realized she was nervous.  She thought, in the back of her mind, that perhaps he might not think it a good idea.  That would mean she was confusing her own desires with that of the Lord's. Taking a deep breath, she began to tell him her hopes for a bed and breakfast.  "Ara Sarang will ask me if Na have been in prayer about it.  Deh, I have.  It's been an idea that's been in the back of my mind every time I pass that abandoned building.  Hajiman...I feel it's not the right time yet.  Hokshina, it's not even that building.  That's why Na plan on getting as much information as possible, first.  What does Sarang think?"

- "Choah your idea about helping young people succeed; hajiman Na do think Sarang shouldn't rush into this too quickly.  The building has been on the market for some time for a reason greon, you're wise in not willing to pay the asking price.  Mollah about the hotel industry hajiman since Sarang owns a hotel already, you would know the number of visitors that the town receives and the revenue that out of towners bring to the city.  If all the numbers are favorable...Na believe this could be a good investment with very little overhead.  Neaga proud of HaEun Umma."

Her husband's words reverberated with joy in her heart.  To have his love and to have his admiration and respect was like having fireworks go off in her heart.  "Gomawo."

- "Waeyo...?"

- "For being Yoon Jihoo, nae special chingu, nampyon, and HaEun's Appa."

- "Anieyo...Sarang is everything that is good in nae life.  And..." he leaned in for a kiss that sent a certain message.  "Anae would make me haengbohkae if we could pick up where we left off."  In a second, he was off the lounge and she was being carried back into their bedroom.  "Saranghae," his said in a low, desire filled voice.

- "Nado," she said, answering both statements.  Before he even set her completely on the bed, she gave him an inviting kiss, letting him know she had no problem picking up where they left off.


November 8, 2016

Mina and YoungSaeng spent the day at the aquarium, enjoying all the various sea creatures.  YoungSaeng's favorite was, of course, the sea otters.  Other than being nicknamed after them, he'd only seen them in pictures and knew very little about them.  He'd always thought they were rather cute and so it didn't bother him to be called that.  He was fascinated as he watched them play in their habitats.

- "That one thinks you're his Hyeong," Mina said.  "Look at the way he's just staring at you."

- "Anieyo..., he's staring at you.  Yah..." he told his fellow otter "She's mine; got it?  Go find another she otter."

Mina laughed, "Orabeoni's jealous of an otter?"

- "Deh!"  Conscious of the little kids around, he only gave her a possessive peck on the cheek.

At the shark exhibit, HyunJoong came to mind.  "When Sunbae decides to retire, he can get a job like this one.  Swimming in a tank of sharks.  He's done it once; he can do it again and get paid for it.”

Mina shuddered.  "Anieyo, Orabeoni.  He's still fighting for his life from one shark encounter.  Or was it a rare venomous sea snake."

- "Ah...maja," he exhaled, suddenly upset on his friend's behalf.

- "Gwenchana Orabeoni," Mina placed a comforting hand on his arm.  “He'll be okay.  Not only is he Kim HyunJoong, but with Henecia at his side, he's unbreakable.  All Henecia is praying for him.  They are a blessing to him as much as he's a blessing to us."

- "Deh, nothing stops...yah!  Did you just say 'us'?"

- "Mwo?"

- "As in he's a blessing to you?"

- "Did I?"  She tried not to laugh.  "Orabeoni must have heard wrong," she slowly tried to make her way out of the encounter.

- "Where is Mina-yang going?  Trying to escape?  You're nae Mina-yang and nae #1 fan."

- "Deh Orabeoni...Deh Orabeoni..." she couldn't help giggle.  Not sure if he was truly jealous of his friend or just playing, she decided to torture him.  "Hajiman...nae can be another idol's #2 fan."

- "Anieyo..."

Mina was walking backward as quickly as possible, grinning from ear to ear.  "What if I like just a few of their songs?"

- "Anieyo..."

- "Go to one concert?"

- "Anieyo..."

- "Watch one drama?"

- "Anieyo!"  He said with teeth clenched.

- "Orabeoni needs to learn to share!"  Mina stuck her tongue out at him and took off running through the main salon of the aquarium.

- "Anieyo!"  He shouted again and chased after her.

The couple had chased each other right out of the aquarium.  It was a good thing they had visited the gift shop as soon as they arrived.  He caught her by the waist and refused to let go.  Mina didn't complain, instead leaned her head back against his shoulder, while he made his chin comfortable on her head.   "Orabeoni!"  She pointed to the lighthouse across the way"The sun is going down; we came out just in time!"

- "Mmm," he kissed her cheek.

- "This is our second sunset...ani...third."

- "Deh?"

- "Orabeoni!  Chincha?!  You don't remember?"

Panicking...he had to think quick..."Greomyo...in Japan, deh?"  An image of them cuddling, while watching the candles floating in the creek flashed before his eyes.

- "Orabeoni doesn't remember our first sunset on the river cruise?"  She was only a little disappointed.  They weren't officially dating or anything at that time.  It wasn't a detail she should expect him to remember, but she would have been very happy if he had.

- "Jagiya..." he rubbed his hands up and down her arms.  "How can na remember anything but nae Mina-yang that day?  Na thought my eyes were going to fall out as soon as I saw your beautiful legs and bare shoulders," he kissed one shoulder for effect "That was not the 'nice' outfit Orabeoni was expecting you to wear."

Mina raised her hand to hide her giggle.  "Orabeoni...should I confess?"

- "Confess to what?"

Mina waited, not wanting to ruin the sunset until the flat orange line was about to disappear into the ocean.  "Orabeoni..." they had both frozen in time to watch the sun's evening performance.  "Na wanted to turn your head that night and hope that you wouldn't forget me while you were away."  YoungSaeng turned her to face him.  "Orabeoni..." she hid her face in his chest, a little embarrassed.

Letting her hide her face, he just held her tighter.  "Does Mina-yang know she'd already turned my head before that night?  Had Na gone to Japan without your confession that night, Na would've been kicking myself every day that passed and I didn't confess to you."

Mina cautiously lifted her head, "chincha?"

- "Chincha."  He dipped his head to her lips and she wrapped her arms around his neck.  The Tuesday evening in fall was quiet with only a few visitors passing by.  They didn't notice; the kiss extinguished everything around them.  The evening was already perfect just as it was, YoungSaeng decided to save the ring for another day. Enjoying the lights at Shoreline village, they ate hot dogs and fries on a bench, played games at the arcade, rode the merry go round, and just enjoyed the night, walking hand in hand and exploring the tourist-geared shops.


November 11, 2016

Mina woke to the sound of her Mother's voice.

- "Mina, hija...musume (daughter in both Spanish and Japanese) ..."  Mrs. Rodriguez gently shook her daughter.  "YoungSaeng, son, please wake up.  I'm sure you don't want my husband to come down and see you two curled up like this."  They were so cute, Mrs. Rodriguez thought.  She had come down to start breakfast and found the two with the TV still on and sound asleep on the couch just like on the first day they came home.  It was a holiday today and they decided to take the boat out for some fishing and family time.  "You two knew we were planning an early day, why didn't you fall asleep earlier."  She continued shaking her daughter and boyfriend.

Mina finally began to open her eyes, "Haha?  What time is it?"

 - "About five-thirty, remember your Papi wants to be on the water and fishing by eight."

Mina groaned.  "Orabeoni...wake up."  Mina tried shaking her boyfriend.  They were both still dressed in yesterday's clothing.  They had spent part of the day at the beach playing in the water with boogie boards and burying each other in the sand and stealing lots of kisses in between.  Her Mother had made a delicious Japanese dinner and they all went outside to enjoy the evening before turning in.  YoungSaeng and Mina wanted to stay up a little longer and had a movie.  Mina thought they hadn't seen much before falling asleep.  Instead of waking up, YoungSaeng hooked an arm around his girlfriend and pulled her back down.  Mina's Mother had already begun in the kitchen and was not paying attention to them"Orabeoni!"  Mina was still sleepy, but she had to wake up and her boyfriend was still snoozing, and she was now angry and un-gently swatted his shoulder.

- "Maknae!!"  YoungSaeng shouted in his sleep.

Mina looked up at her Mom in the kitchen and shrugged.  "Yah Orabeoni!  Get up this instant or I'm feeding you to the sharks!"

Cracking his eye open, YoungSaeng glared at his girlfriend.  "What time is it?"

- "Annyeong hashiminika...," she fluttered her eyelashes "Now get up," she pulled on his arm until they were back upstairs.  "I'll be nice and let you have the upstairs bathroom, I'll use the downstairs," she told him.

- "Where's my morning kiss," he pouted.

- "It's too early," she ducked into her room.

- "Brat," he told the door.

Mina smiled as she dressed.  They would need a vacation from their vacation when they got back, but she didn't complain.  Other than playing in the water for an hour or two the day before, they just lounged on the beach under an umbrella or took walks splashing in the shallow water.  They tried to pack as many normal boyfriend and girlfriend things in these few days, to last them until their next vacation.  Mina looked at her left hand and her heart swelled inside her chest at the sight of her ring.  It was sterling silver and adjustable and cubic zirconia; it wasn't the value of the ring, but the heart behind it.

Mina's Father knew someone whose daughter worked at the park and so they were able to get in at no cost.  YoungSaeng had done his homework and narrowed down the best place to give her the ring.  He decided against any of the attractions, he didn't want anyone else to overhear him, the idea just wasn't appealing.  Snow White's Grotto and in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle were also just too busy.  Two of the places he would have liked to use were currently closed and the walkway leading from it's A Small World was nice, but not quite what he was hoping for.  YoungSaeng had left that ride for last and they were now aimlessly walking, so Mina thought.  He did pull her into one of the dark crevices of the castle, just for a kiss.  Mina leaned into his chest, enjoying the feel of him against her.  "Orabeoni is spoiling me," she pouted.  "This week has been as magical as this park.  I never thought PDA's were that important until I didn't have them.  When we get back to Seoul, I'll have to share you with all your fans again."

He kissed her cheek and leaned his chin on her shoulder.  He caressed her back with gentle of his hand.  He'd never thought how she would feel dating a celebrity and there was also the cultural difference between dating in the U.S. and dating in Korea.  "Is it that hard?"  He asked with a small bit of fear in his heart.

- "Anieyo..." she his back just like he did hers.  "It's different and Na didn't even realize it was.  This is good, Orabeoni.  It means I'm happy and willing to create our own normal."

YoungSaeng tilted her face up to his lips and gave them a gentle kiss.  "Mollah what is normal, as long as nae Mina Yang is at my side."

- "I'm not going anywhere Orabeoni.  Mianhae if at times Na might be insecure.  It doesn't mean Na don't trust you.  If Orabeoni gives me a kiss, na will be fine."

YoungSaeng laughed at her round-about way of asking for a kiss "Don't ask jagi, just take."  Being on the side of the castle, fewer people passed through and they were practically alone.  He took his kiss from her starting off slow and sweet to a little reckless and savory.  They were lost to everything around them.

"I'm...just...going to keep taking...okay?"  They had come back to Earth, although their feet hadn't quite touched the ground.  Neither one wanted to part lips.

- "Jagi can take all night."  He wondered if he could stop their kissing session long enough to give her the ring.  He had planned to give it to her at dinner, but perhaps now was the time.  It was dark out and the soft glow from Main Street just barely reached their hiding spot.  "Jagi...," he tried to pry himself away from her inviting lips.  "We can finish this..." he gave her another little kiss.  "In a while.  Na want to tell you something."

- "Deh?"

He couldn't say what he wanted to say while she was staring up at him, with her lovely face.  He just wanted to bury it in kisses, so buried her face against his chest.  "Jagi, saranghae."  He'd thought and thought about what to say to her and now he was stuck.

- "Nado, saranghae," she gave her lovable otter a little squeeze.

- "These months with you at my side...even when we were apart, jagi was still at my side...neaga haengbohkae.  I've told jagi what she means to me and have meant every word.  When na want to be angry or upset, na just think of you and I smile.  When na sing, I wonder if you're watching online.  When I'm being a pabo, you're not afraid to tell me.  Deh...Mina came to Seoul to meet idols," he .  "Hajiman...na saw the genuine happiness in your face when na told everyone I had been scouted.  Gomawo, for reaching out to me, even if it was because you had a crush on me.  Gomawo, for having a crush on me and getting to know me and for giving this pabo who didn't recognize he was falling for you as much as you were falling for me, a chance."

- "Orabeoni...you're going to make me cry," she tried lifting her head and he didn't let her.  He chuckled; "jagi, not yet.  If na see your face, na will just want to kiss it instead of telling you what's in my heart."  His girlfriend laughed and re-settled happily into his chest.  "Jagiya...na don't know what the future will bring.  Na want to work hard and hope to be successful and have you and nae chingu be proud of me.  Na hope that my fans are as loyal as Sunbae's fans are.  Na hope you'll always know how much you mean to me.  But most of all, na hope for a future with Mina Rodriguez in it.  It's too soon to talk about sinbuwa sinlang (bride and groom), hajiman...nomu choah if we had that end.  Na can't imagine anyone else as nae sinbuwa.  Na want to promise to work toward that goal and be worthy to be your sinlang.  Just promise Mina-yang will always be at my side as chingu and sarang?"

- "Greomyo, Orabeoni...," she threw her arms around his neck, kissed his cheek, and tried to still the happy tears that were spilling over.

He loosened her hold on him and tenderly kissed and caressed her face, especially the corner of her eyes, where her tears were leaking.  "Na... have something for you.  It's not much...hajiman...nae choah if Jagi would wear it."  He'd never done couple's gifts and outfits, but he wanted to do all of that with her.  Pulling out the jewelry box, he gave it to her.

- "Orabeoni?"  Mina was completely surprised.  "Gwenchana...Orabeoni doesn't have to give me anything.  Ara what nae mean to you.  Na feel it when we talk, when we kiss...what we have is special just for us."

- "Chincha...it's not much as Na didn't have time to shop properly.  Ara yeoja like things like this."  He saw her blush.  She was more girly than she thought herself.  Opening the box with a shy smile, Mina revealed the two silver rings.  

She didn't know what to do and just froze with a stupid grin on her face.  YoungSaeng was about 99% sure his girlfriend was pleased, judging by the smile on her face.  "Annchoah?"  He .  "Na will take them back," he took the box from her hand.

That quickly woke her from her trance.  "Anieyo!  Orabeoni, give it back!"  She said, desperately.  "Choah, chincha!  Nomu choah, gomawo!"  She hung from his neck and then gave his lips a series of three quick and enthusiastic kisses.  "Gomawo, Orabeoni.  Gomawo;" tears threatened to fall again.  "I want it, juseyo."

- "Na want another kiss."

YoungSaeng had slipped the ring on her middle finger and promised he would place his on a chain around his neck.  They picked up their packages of things they had bought during the day, mainly for HaEun and little Mal and spent the rest of the night at the Napa Rose outdoor lounge, sharing appetizers and a glass of wine for dinner.  Having used Uber, so neither of them had to drive after a long day at the park, they could indulge and celebrate their upgraded commitment.

All Mina could do was stare at the ring since he'd slipped it on her finger.  Her parents teased it would disintegrate if she continued to stare at it.  YoungSaeng told her he would take it away if she continued looking at the ring and not at him.  A knock came on the bathroom door "Mina, YoungSaeng and Papi have been ready and waiting for you for some time now."  Mrs. Rodriguez called through the door.

- "Chincha?"  Her Mother could be seen shaking her head on the other side of the door.  "I'll be done in a minute!"

- "Make that a fast minute!"

- "Deh!"  Again, Mina was oblivious to her language use.  She sighed.  She'd washed her face but had yet to put her hair up or do her makeup.  She'd been too busy thinking of her ring.  "Saranghae," she told YoungSaeng through the ring and finished getting ready as quickly as possible.

Fifteen minutes later, she finally emerged to see her Father's somewhat disgruntled face.  "Vámonos (Let’s go)," he said as soon as the bathroom door opened.  her Mother had cooked breakfast, packed it and cleaned the Kitchen.  YoungSaeng and her Father had already loaded the back of the King Ranch Ford F-150 with the food and fishing gear and Mina still wasn't done.

Mr. Rodriguez lost his bad temper at his daughter once he was on the boat with a cup of coffee in one hand and the fishing pole in the other.

- "You don't have to eat it, just catch them with me," Mr. Rodriguez had told YoungSaeng while they loaded the truck.

Out of respect for Mina's Father, YoungSaeng obediently sat on the side of the boat with a fishing pole in his hands.  He was tolerating the fishy smell of the bait.  So far, he hadn't caught anything, but they had only really been at it for a little over thirty minutes.  Didn't it take hours to catch one fish?  Just as his thoughts went that way, Mr. Rodriguez stood up excitedly"Pay attention, YoungSaeng, this is how you bring them in."  Whatever it was, it didn't want to get caught and Mr. Rodriguez had to do a give and take dance just to keep it on the line.  "Is it a yellowtail, Papi?"  Mina had her own fishing pole but was mainly sitting in the shade and chatting with her Mother.

- "It's fighting hard, whatever it is...oh...you see it, hija?"

- "I see it!  Oooh!  It's a big one!  Papi, I think it's a yellowtail!”  After fifteen minutes of struggling, Mr. Rodriguez, with his daughter's help was finally able to pull it up.

YoungSaeng was even excited and he hated fish.  Mrs. Rodriguez took the fish and placed it in the ice chest.  It was a big one, there was no way they could eat forty pounds of sashimi.  "Alejandro, find a small tuna and I'll sashimi it."

He turned to YoungSaeng, "she always acts like I can magically make a certain fish appear."

- "Orabeoni...it's true.  We tell Papi what kind of fish we want, and he always catches it for us."

- "Exagerada," he told his daughter.  "YoungSaeng, that's the biggest We'll catch," he explained.  "With Mina and Mateo out of the house, that's way more than we need.  I'll spend another few hours fishing just for sport:  catch and release.  Let's go see if we can find a tuna for my daughter."  Everyone reeled in their line and Mr. Rodriguez moved the boat to a different location.

At the new spot, Mr. Rodriguez talked YoungSaeng's ear off.  "Mama, Papi seems to like YoungSaeng?"  Mina commented.

- "Your Papi likes all young people.  You know he's the neighborhood dad, no matter how old they are."

- "True.  I wish Mateo had been home, so I could introduce them."

- "Then we would have had to set up the bonus room with a cot for YoungSaeng."  Visions of YoungSaeng sleeping in her room, made Mina giggle"Young lady, what is that secret smile all about?"

- "Haha!  I'm just happy!"  Mina tried looking innocent and gave her Mom and exaggerated hug.

- "Ah ha..., just remember our conversation."

- "Haha!"  Mina pouted.  "Must you?"

- "Hai (Yes in Japanese)," Mrs.  Rodriguez gave her daughter a playful pinch.

- "Papiiii!!!  Haha is picking on me!"

- "Minae, ya déjala (leave her alone)."

- "Mina-yah, be good for Eommonim."

- "Yah...Orabeoni can fly back home alone.  I'll take a different flight."

- "Disrespectful Agassi."  The time passed quickly, YoungSaeng thought.  He enjoyed conversing with Mina's Father.  Just like his own Father, he had a story for everything.  And he had actually caught Mina's prized tuna.  He was awarded a choking hug and several kisses on the face.

- "Papi, celoso (jealous)," her Father was giving her a disapproving look and she gave him the same treatment until he playfully shoved her off.

YoungSaeng liked how affectionate they all were toward each other.  None of the stiff formality like in his family.  Her parents hugged and even kissed in front of them.  At times they'd get into conversations and while Mrs. Rodriguez kept her composure, Mina and her Father would not back down, each one wanting to prove their point.  He could see where she got her silly and feisty personality.  Her Mother was the graceful and elegant one who would reign in her husband without a word.  She'd just step behind him and begin massaging his shoulders.  He would quickly forget what he was arguing.  He'd have to remember how to disarm his girlfriend in the future.

After slicing the tuna, the three Rodriguez family members devoured it.  Mina took some of the fatty tuna; the best, in her opinion and gave some to YoungSaeng.  "Just try one little peace."

- "Anieyo!"  he covered his mouth with his hand.

- "Orabeoni, juseyo!"

- "I promise to leave Orabeoni alone if he tries a bite."  She begged and pleaded, making comical faces at him until he relented.

- "It smells fishy," he said from behind his hand.

- "Pabo, it does not."

- "Mina, leave him alone," her Mother scolded.

- "He made me eat blood sausage."

- "Oh, that's very good," her father said.

- "Abeojim...na didn't force her, she ate it on her own."

- "Papi!  YoungSaeng-ah, just one bite."

- "Aish...you owe me."

- "Deh, deh...open."  YoungSaeng received the offensive fish in his mouth and made a face.  "It wasn't that bad...see?"

- "Ha!"  He said.

- "Gomawo...," Mina was happy he at least tried her favorite food"Was it horrible?"

- "Anieyo...," he wanted to say yes but didn't want to hurt her feelings.  It really wasn't horrible, just not his favorite.  They mainly caught for sport the rest of the afternoon, having already caught their prize yellowtail.

They put down the fishing poles to enjoy Mrs. Rodriguez Japanese picnic lunch she packed for them, including fried Japanese chicken pieces for YoungSaeng.  This was right after Mina caught a halibut and wanted to keep it instead of releasing it.  YoungSaeng got to try calming his girlfriend down.  "Jagi, be reasonable.  We leave on Sunday and what are Abeojim and Eommonim going to do with so much fish.  It won't be the same if they have to freeze it for very long."  He massaged her shoulders, gave her a kiss on the cheek, and wrapped his arms around her.  Of course, she melted.  "Arraso...bye Mr. Halibut, thank your otter friend for letting you live another day."  With that, she released it back into the ocean.  "I'll take Harabeoji with me to fish for Halibut," she announced.

- "Ilana's grandfather in law would like that, I'm sure."

- "He's the best.  Jihoo and Ilana try to get him to slow down and he just won't.  HaEun-ah is the only one that gets him to stop."

- "There's nothing like a grandbaby to brighten up an old person's life," Mrs. Rodriguez said, with a teasing glint in her eye.

Mina was quick to catch on.  "It's a good thing Papi and you aren't old at all."

YoungSaeng was sure the color drained from his face.  "Deh...Abeojim and Eommonim are much too young to be Harabeoji and Halmoni.  You should enjoy yourselves, maybe go on a cruise!"

- "You two aren't any fun," Mrs. Rodriguez said, while Mr. Rodriguez just laughed.

 - "After lunch, let's head into Dana Point harbor and walk around the shops and stay for dinner.  There's an excellent wine shop I enjoy going in.  Someone took the last of my Moscato; I want to see what they have."

Mina grinned, "was Mateo trying to impress a girlfriend again?"

- "Don't blame your brother; I have your fingerprints all over the bottles."

- "Saranghae, Papi!"  Mina gave her dad a kiss on the cheek.

- "You missed the other side."

Mina complied with her Father's wish and kissed his other cheek "And one for Orabeoni," she said, kissing her boyfriend's cheek.

- "What about the other cheek?  It gets lonely."

Mina laughed, "deh, deh," she complied.  "Everybody happy, now?"

- "No, I think you should give your Father more kisses than your boyfriend."

- "Papi!"

- "Alejandro, leave your daughter alone, that's why you have a wife." Mrs. Rodriguez led her husband in a slow and teasing kiss, leaving YoungSaeng and Mina grinning at the elders.

They walked around the shops in the harbor from the touristy to the specialty.  Mina and YoungSaeng held hands, walking behind her parents, occasionally stopping for kisses.  They fed each other chocolate in the chocolate shop and cheese in the cheese shop.

In the early evening, Mina's Father treated them to dinner at an Italian restaurant.  It was Friday night and they didn't have reservations, but they arrived at the restaurant before it opened and were seated not long after.  It was an enjoyable meal with lively conversation.  Different from being in South Korea but not at all unpleasant.  YoungSaeng couldn't have asked for a better vacation with his girlfriend.

When they finally arrived home, everyone helped unpack the truck.  Mina helped her Mother clean out the picnic dishes and her Father made room in the freezer for the fish he'd already had cleaned and chopped into steaks.  Her parents left them alone downstairs with strict instructions not to fall asleep on the couch and not to get into the wine cabinet.  They cuddled on the couch, too lazy to move.  "Mina-yah, I'm still full from dinner.  I think we ate more than we exercised," YoungSaeng in his imaginary belly.

- "We walked a lot," Mina grabbed his stomach.

- "Yah!  That tickles!"

Mina placed her finger to her lips.  "Shhh!!  Orabeoni wants to get in trouble?"

- "Anieyo, does Mina-yang?"  YoungSaeng began to tickle torture his girlfriend until she ended up on the floor with a thud.

- "Ow!!"  Mina complained as she hit the floor.

- "Omo!  Jagi, Miahnae. gwenchana?"  YoungSaeng dropped to the floor and cradled her head in his lap.

- "Gwenchana...hajiman don't stop.He was massaging her head and it felt wonderful.  "Mmm....choah," she sighed contented "Haengbohkaeyo."

- "Wae?"

- "We did many normal boyfriend and girlfriend activities."

- "Deh, Mina-yah has a favorite?"

- "Oh, nae ring," she lifted her hand as to make sure there really was a ring.  "What about Orabeoni's favorite?"

- "Mina-yah is making me choose?  Aigoo...," he sighed.  "Disneyland Matterhorn and Splash Mountain."

- "Chincha?  Wae?"

YoungSaeng was grinning; he was about to get hit and he knew it, so he laced his fingers through hers.  "Na got to hold nae Mina-Yang in my arms and between...well...you know."  YoungSaeng counted silently to three before she grasped his meaning.

- "Orabeoni!  Yah!  You are so bad!"  she struggled to free her hands"Let me go!"

- "Anieyo."  He managed to deflect any blows to his person and still lift her head toward his.  "Saranghae," he kissed her slowly and tenderly, not wanting to rush, just feel every sensation.

When it came to his kisses, Mina was lost.  She couldn't defend herself but surrendered willingly.  A little while later, both still on the floor cuddling, Mina thought of something.  "The only thing we didn't do this week was go dancing.  I'm much too comfortable to go out to a club right now."

- "Lazybones," YoungSaeng extricated himself from his girlfriend; he stood up and helped her up too.

- "Orabeoni?  Do you want to go out?"

- "Deh, Kaja," he grabbed his phone from the ottoman and led her to the patio, where all the solar-powered lights were twinkling.  

Setting the phone down, he turned it on and faced his perplexed girlfriend.  "Mina-yang wants to dance?"  They danced on their makeshift dance floor to Wondergirls, "Nobody" and continued on to Sistar, 'Alone' until they forgot they were supposed to be dancing and stopped at the holding and kissing.


November 12, 2016

It was late and HaEun had gone to sleep late as well.  Too amped up from her day, it took extra-long to get her to relax enough to sleep.  Mina and YoungSaeng had come for a few hours to hang out and give HaEun and little 'Mal', the gifts they had collected over the week.  Little Mal now had a name, as Suzy had heard from JungMin early that morning.

- "Jagiya!"  JungMin yelled excitedly in Suzy's half-asleep ear.

- "Mmm..."  Suzy was not particularly pleased to hear her husband's voice at 7 AM on a Saturday morning.

- "I've got it!"

- "Mwo..."

- "A name!"

Suzy groaned.  "Park JungMin, unless you are nearby and need a midwife, adul and I are going back to sleep."

- "Aiish...jagi mian, na thought it was later.  Na couldn't wait to call you.  What about KangMin for jogeum Mal?"  He'd heard the name somewhere and immediately liked it.

- "KangMin...Kang...Min..." Suzy thought it a very strong name for a little baby.  "Choah, chincha, hajiman what does it mean?"

- "Strong and clever.  Jagi is thinking it's too much to ask of a baby, maja?"

- "Deh...," Suzy smiled and caressed her baby mound lovingly.

- "Does jagi want adul to be weak and dumb?"

- "Anieyo!"  She rolled her eyes at the phone and the proud exuberant Appa.

 - "Greon, admit it.  The name is daeback!"

- "Let me see if jogeum Mal thinks it is."  Placing the phone on speaker and setting it to her side, she began massaging with both hands.  "KangMin-ah, choah?  KangMin-ah?   Answer Umma.  KangMin-ah?"  KangMin made the faintest of movements, possibly not ready to wake up yet.  "Aigoo..., he doesn't want to wake up.  Maybe we should just call him JungMin."

- "Aish...I'll try.  KangMin-ah!  Show Umma you like your name."  Suzy placed the phone on her tummy.  "KangMin-ah, do you hear Appa?"

Suzy felt and saw her stomach suddenly lurch to one side and knock the phone off its perch.  "Omo!  Keep calling him!"  JungMin called his name once again.  "He just kicked!  Yeobo, I think he likes it.  KangMin-ah, choah?"

- "See, I told you it was a good name!"

- "Deh...KangMin Appa bogoshipo."

- "Jagi, nado.  Have you seen YoungSaeng?"

Suzy hadn't mentioned YoungSaeng in all twitter messages they'd shared.  "Deh!  He and Unnie made up."

- "Did he bring his chingu?"

- "Anieyo,” Suzy bit her lip.  It wasn't a complete lie.  Mina was his girlfriend, not just his friend.

- "Ah..."  JungMin was disappointed.  "Did you see Mina-ssi?"

- "Deh, she and her family were over last Sunday."

- "Ah...YoungSaeng wasn't with them?"

Suzy cringed and quickly thought of a way off this call.  "Yeobo!  I have to pee!  Saranghae!"  With a kiss in the phone, she terminated the call.  "KangMin-ah...we are so busted when Appa finds out."  Suzy's stomach rumbled.  "KangMin begopa, deh?  Umma too.  Let's eat breakfast and then...make cookies at the big house!  Deh?  We'll have to tell HaEun Noona your new name.”

Jihoo had just managed to get their daughter asleep in her crib for the night.  She was overstimulated from a day of too much attention and not enough rest.   YoungSaeng and Mina had come over to give HaEun and the newly named KangMin gifts they had picked up over their weeklong vacation.  HaEun, surprisingly bonded very well with YoungSaeng, having only met him once before.  Jihoo conceded that the man had an open friendly nature when he wanted to.  He won HaEun's trust as quickly as he had won over her Umma.  YoungSaeng, just like Jihoo, had his flip side that took someone very special to get through when they didn't want to let anyone in.  Somehow, Mina had cracked that hard shell that YoungSaeng had hidden under for the last almost three years.  Aside from being happy that another man was no longer coveting his wife, Jihoo truly was happy for the newest couple in his acquaintance.  He knew what it felt like to be surrounded by happy couples and feeling alienated.

Stepping downstairs he heard a Beethoven Bagatelle coming from the Fazioli piano.

His wife was in a better than average mood; evident by the music she played.  Usually in the evening after a busy day, she liked to unwind with something soft to soothe their tired brains.  If she was upset, she played a complex piece that would take all her focus and channel her energy into the piano.  "Abeoji, music really does heal the heart," Jihoo spoke quietly in the hallway.  Finishing one Beethoven Bagatelle, Ilana moved onto her Father's favorite:  Fur Elise.  Jihoo recognized the tune.  It was one his wife played in every mood.  He knew his wife would lose herself completely in the piece and so he snuck past her grabbing his violin to join her.  Jihoo was right, she had no clue he was in front of her and It took about two measures for her to realize she wasn't alone.  Her hands moved on as she lifted her head suddenly.  Seeing her husband with his violin brought a wide smile to her face.  They didn't dual but complemented each other in a lovely marriage of percussion and strings.

- "Bravo!!!"  Ilana clapped for her husband once they'd played the last note.

- "Brava...," he sat next to her, giving her lips a quick kiss.  He brought her head to his shoulder and began playing a random tune with one hand.  "Wae does Anae like Fur Elise so much?"

- "It was Papi's favorite.  Umma even joked he wanted to name me Elise."

- "Sarang can never be anything other than Ilana.  Nae strong tree, Choah."

Ilana closed her eyes.  "Mmm...not my strength, Sarang. Left on my own, na would have withered and died already." She smiled at the memory dancing in her head. "Na remember closing my eyes and spinning in place.  It's a good thing the room is sparsely furnished or who knows what I would have broken."

Jihoo laughed "Na wish I would've known the child Ilana.  When all you had were sweet memories and na could have envied your smile."

- "Na played what if so much in the past few years.  Enough to almost make me crazy.  God put everyone in nae life at His timing, when I think I needed them the most.  Or at least when na was finally ready to recognize that need for someone in my life."

- "Deh...na agree.  Na was wandering aimlessly thinking na wasn't needed until Sarang needed me."

Ilana wrapped her arms around him.  "Na could have been content just to know that Yesu loved me and had a purpose for my life.  Na can't thank him enough that He gave me you and HaEun too.  And nae chingu."  Ilana was grateful for all her friends as well as the F4 and their spouses, but the friend who came to mind was her favorite Oppa.  The one who taught her to smile and laugh.

- "Sarang is happy for YoungSaeng-ssi and Mina, deh?"

- "Greomyo!  Not only is my favorite Oppa back as a part of my life, but he also found a yeoja that I know will treasure him every way that na couldn't.  Mina couldn't have met a better namja."  Ilana chuckled; "to think part of why she went to Seoul was in hopes of meeting him again."

-  "...Hajiman Mina, wae do you call me him Orabeoni?"  Ilana asked"That's so formal!"

Mina blushed.  "Na... couldn’t use Oppa.  Na felt that I wasn't entitled to that familiarity.  He didn't even notice me and na...had a crush on him since your wedding," Mina buried her face in a throw pillow in embarrassment.

- "Aigoo, na Mina Yang is nomu gwiyeowo," YoungSaeng ruffled His girlfriend’s hair and kissed her cheek and she pushed him away in mock anger.

- "Na think it's safe to say, he's noticed you, now.  Will you continue to call him Orabeoni?"

- "Na can't picture calling him anything else."

- "Nampyon?"  Ilana mumbled under her breath.  If YoungSaeng heard her he didn't let on that he did.

- "Anieyo...I don't want her to change."

- "That's Oppa’s way of saying he feels special when Mina calls him that."

- "Yah!"  Mina threw a pillow at Ilana to make her stop teasing.

- "This is payback for all the times your shy, Otter Prince teased me."

- "Orabeoni and his naughty streak," Mina glared at her boyfriend.

- "Oppa?  Naughty?"

- "Jagiya...na have an image to uphold in front of nae dongsaeng."  

Ilana couldn't help bursting out laughing at the memory of their conversations that afternoon.  "Na think they'll stay together for good.  He's different with her; much more confident.  And especially since na warned them I'll beat up the one who hurts the other."

Jihoo laughed at the mental picture of his wife attempting to beat anyone up.  "Sarang will hold fast to her threat, I'm sure."

- "Na hope they don't take too long... YoungSaeng will be a great Appa and Tía can't wait for her first Grandchild.  Na thought they would just take HaEun with them when they came on Sunday.  And that Agassi of ours with Heo Ajussi...coqueta (flirt)," she complained with a smile on her face.  "Jeongmal!"  Her husband was laughing at her.  "HaEun-ah gets along better with YoungSaeng than she does HyungJun."

- "Deh...and mentality wise they are almost the same age."

Ilana giggled behind her hand.  "Poor Maknae, he gets such abuse from everyone.  Speaking of our gongju, she fought you too?"  HaEun didn't want to nurse and didn't want to sleep.  Ilana couldn't bear her cries, so Jihoo warmed a bottle and made the attempt.  It took a long time, but eventually, exhaustion won out and she fell asleep in Jihoo's arms.

- "Deh...YoungSaeng and Mina are not allowed to get her so hyped up again."

- "Typical auntie and uncle.  Here na thought I'd be Imo to all of nae Oppa-deul kids and it turned out they became oe sookbu (Maternal Uncle) first."  An idea came to Ilana's mind.  "Sarang...do you think...," she bit her lip, thinking.

- "Deh?"

- "What if...we see where Oppa and Mina's relationship is headed, and we name them HaEun's Godparents, deh?"

- "Would that make Sarang haengbohkae?"

- "Deh!  Nomu, nomu, nomu!"  Ilana wrapped her arm around his neck and pulled him closer to her, giving him several kisses on the cheek.

- "Arraso...we'll wait and see."

- "Nampyon is daeback!"  She gave him one more kiss and resumed her previous pose:  head on his shoulder and arms wrapped around his torso.

With only one hand free, Jihoo began to tinker with the piano keys a tune with no rhyme or reason, but still pretty.  Of course, anything her husband played was beautiful according to the biased listener.  "What should we do, Sarang?  I'm not singing tomorrow, we can go to sleep a little later and sleep in.  We could continue playing or go for a walk in the backyard.  We could still go to sleep early if Sarang wants," grinning she began doodling a pattern on his leg with her finger.

- "Mmm, that's a possibility," with one hand he began to play a familiar tune.  He usually played it on the guitar for her.  Jihoo didn't need to sing.  Ilana knew every word of Kim HyunJoong's 'Love'; the song he sang while they tied the three-stranded cord, a symbol of their unity with God.  Even with one hand, the musical prodigy in her husband played beautifully.  Ilana needed to do nothing but just enjoy the melody, she knew.  So with eyes closed, her head comfortably resting on her husband's arm and smiling sweetly, that's what she did.  Pictures of their wedding day flashed behind her eyelids.  Her Oppa-deul giving her away, their first kiss, their first dance, Harabeoji and Nana, and even their wedding night.  Ilana ended up stifling a giggle but remained with eyes closed past the song's finish.  "Did Sarang fall asleep?"  Jihoo traced her smile with his fingers.

Opening her eyes, she sat up.  Jihoo felt a chill on his shoulder, where her head had been laying.  "Anieyo...yippeun."

- "Deh?"

- "Mmm, gomawo;" sitting on a bent knee, giving her extra reach, she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him softly, just barely grazing each lip.

Impatient, he brought her closer; Ilana had to raise her other knee to the bench.  Wanting to have her closer, still, Jihoo pulled her onto his lap.  Since she was already on her knees, this wasn't difficult.  The fact that she was wearing a nursing dress and had long ago discarded the light sweater she had been wearing was the difficult part.  They stopped teasing each other and went straight for the deep and satisfying kisses they were leading up to.  They both made good use of their hands in this position, hers in his hair and his on tantalizing bare legs.  He began to push back the bench and slow his kisses.  He saw her lips form a pout when he stopped.  "Na think we need to go to bed, Sarang.  I'm not quite ready to make love to you on Eommonim's piano."

- "Sarang!"  Every now and then, he still made her face turn bright red and his face would remain completely neutral as if sitting in a board meeting.  He stood with her in his arms and carried her upstairs.  They didn't go to sleep early, but their HaEun alarm clock didn't care.  Regardless, for Appa and Umma, it was well worth it.