Baby Talk and Dreams

Love Covers a Multitude of Sins

August 14, 2015

No sooner did Jihoo and Ilana return from New York and Seoul, Jihoo was told he’d be sent to Cange, in Haiti.  Their Sociomedical Complex needed a pulmonologist to assist in the chronic disease center.  Teams from several of their hospitals were sent every year.  Juan Carlos was also one of the Doctor’s that would be going.  Surprisingly, Suzy was also asked to go.  She only had two semesters left to earn her Nurse Practitioner in women's health title.  This was a good opportunity for her to work in a different environment.

This is how on a Friday night, when everyone should be resting from the long work week, Brendon, Ilana, Gloria and JungMin found themselves at the airport, waiting for a flight that was over thirty minutes late.

 - “Aish!!!  Yeoja!  Why aren’t you answering your text messages?”  JungMin complained to his cell phone.

 - “Jebu-ah (younger sister’s husband), they’re probably close to landing and can’t turn on their phone’s yet.”  Ilana laughed at him.

 - Cheohyeong-ah (Wife’s older sister), have you not been checking your phone every five minutes for the last hour?”

 - “Chinchayo?  I didn’t realize,” Ilana played dumb, not wanting to endure one of JungMin’s teasing sessions.  She knew full well she’d been checking the time and flight status constantly and just like him, becoming irritated when the status didn’t change.  At least Ilana was a little quieter about it.

 - “Just wait until you two have been married as long as Juan Carlos and I, one week will be like a vacation,” Gloria teased them.

 - “Mentirosa (Liar)…!”  Ilana countered.  Who didn’t know what to do with herself Sunday afternoon?”

 - “Ah deh…”  JungMin joined in.  “And didn’t Noona come all the way to the office to invite us to have dinner with her and the boys a few days ago?”

 - “Well…I thought you two might enjoy the distraction.  You’ve been working so hard.  Jihoo and Suzy were going to find their spouses pale from lack of sun and dark circles under their eyes from lack of sleep.  Although, Ilana still has the dark circles…”

 - “Jihoo and Ilana both have had dark circles,” JungMin said “If I didn’t know they’ve both been overworking like me, I’d be wondering what they were doing all night.”

 - “Park JungMin!”

 - “Didn’t little Memo let it slip Mama was sleeping in his room?”  Brendon just had to jump into the fray.

 -Our bed is too big when Juan Carlos isn’t hogging all of it.  Oh!  Nana did tell me you refused to let her change the bed sheets until today.”

Ilana didn’t have an immediate comeback for that one.  Truthfully, she was also sleeping in the pajamas he’d worn the night before he left.  Since she was up at four to call Mina before she slept, she gathered the sheets and the pajamas and started a wash.  Nana would take them from the dryer, later, with a grin on her face. There was no hurry…”

They continued laughing and teasing each other with Brendon instigating things as much as possible.  If anyone would have asked him a year ago, he would have said there was no way Ilana would find love and be happily married or that she’d be with Gloria, waiting to receive Juan Carlos at the airport.

The time passed, and the group was so caught up with each other, none noticed the arrival of those they were waiting for.

- "Chinchayo?"  Suzy said.  "They're supposed to be waiting for us and they aren't even looking this way."

 - "Mmm, we did land over a half-hour late.  I think Suzy nampyon was bored."  Jihoo thought his wife's back was the loveliest vision he'd seen all week and couldn't wait to wrap his arms around her and feel her lips under his.  But, he decided to hold back and for a little bit.

JungMin finally remembered to check the flight status and saw the plane had landed about twenty minutes ago.  He looked up and suddenly took off running, leaving the rest of the party to wonder what had happened.

 - "M...!"  Suzy didn't even get a chance to speak before JungMin caught her up in his arms and captured her lips without warning.

 - "Gloria!"  Juan Carlos greeted his wife in a more dignified manner; embracing her and giving her a quick kiss on the lips, then on the cheek.

 - "Como te fue, cariño (How did it go, dear)?"

 - "Muy bien (Very good)."

JungMin had finally let Suzy go and Ilana waited patiently for Jihoo to show up.  "Guys?  Where's Jihoo?"

 - "Unnie, he was right behind us?"

 - "I think there was an issue with is luggage, right Mrs. Park?"

 - "But didn't he...?"

 - "Yes, but it wasn't his luggage, you didn't hear him?"  Jihoo had told Juan Carlos to stall Ilana.

 - "Anieyo?"

Ilana's phone rang.  "It's Jihoo!"  She told the others.  "Yeobosayo?  Sarang?"

 - "Mianhae, Sarang...go without me.  It's late and I'll be a while."  Jihoo was already walking quickly to the Tom Bradley terminal.  He remembered seeing a flower shop, there.

 - "Anieyo!  We'll wait for you!"

 - "Ani, it's not fair to Juan Carlos and Suzy."

 - "Shiro!"

 - "Sarang...don't protest.  Na will see you at home."

 - "Jeongmal?"  Ilana was completely saddened.  She had worn a white shirt dress he had bought her, ballerina flats and even in the Los Angeles heat, she wore her hair down.

 - "Saranghae.  I'll be right behind you.  Are you wearing the new dress I bought you?"

 - "Deh...," she sulked.  "How did you guess?"

 - "I have an IPS (Ilana Positioning System)?"

Ilana was so upset, she didn't realize he'd just used the same line she had given him almost a year ago. "Mworago?"

 - "I have to go, I'll see you at home."

 - "Deh."

Jihoo heard the disappointment in her voice and although he felt slightly guilty, he wanted to surprise her.

 - "What did he say?"  Suzy asked.

 - "To go on without him."

 - "Why don't you stay with him?"  Gloria asked.

 - "He doesn't want me to.  He said he should be right behind us."

 - "I'd be selfish and make anae wait with me," JungMin said.

 - "You'd be throwing a tantrum if someone took your bag," Suzy said.  "I'd have to stay to keep you from being arrested."

 - "Majayo!"  That picture made Ilana smile a little, but still, she’d rather stay.

 - "Well, let's get going," Brendon said.  "I'll get the car, meet me at the curb."

As Brendon reached the car, his phone alerted him to a message.

JihooWait for me in front of the Tom Bradley terminal.  Don't tell Ilana!  I'll text you back.

Jihoo hadn't arrived at his destination.   He knew the shops stayed open late.  It would be eleven-thirty by the time he got to that part of the airport.

Brendon laughed.  His boss was going kill her husband, he had seen the way her face fell when Jihoo told her to go on without her.

When everyone had piled into the van, Brendon stalled by meticulously arranging and re-arranging the luggage in the cargo area.  His phone finally buzzed again, and he closed the hatch.

JihooMaking my way to the exit.

Jihoo caught the store clerk just before she closed.  While he knew what he wanted, he was quite certain he wouldn't find it.  He decided he'd buy her the most uncommon flower he could find.  His smile lit his face and he thanked God for his provisioning.  There before him was one burgundy rose.  "I'll take this one."

Ilana was tired.  She let the couples take the bench seats and she took one of the captain chairs.  She didn't know what Brendon was doing or why he was taking so long but since she'd risen so early and had been working so much and, often late, she was wiped out.  Putting her earphones in place, and turning on her music, she closed her eyes trying to relax.

No one was paying attention to where or how Brendon was driving.  He was driving much slower than the posted speed limit and had circled the airport.  Ilana was already falling asleep; a headache was trying to creep up on her.  The others chatted amongst themselves quietly.

 - "I need to check something in the back really quick, guys," Brendon stopped the car and got out.

Ilana was more asleep than awake and was oblivious to it all.

 - "Kansamnida!"  Jihoo mouthed to Brendon as they loaded his luggage quickly.

Suzy and Min were in the very back row and she looked behind her to see what was going on.  "Oh!"  She inadvertently let out a gasp.  Brendon and Jihoo had already closed the hatch, but not before she saw the rose in Jihoo's hand.

 - "Gwenchana?"  JungMin asked.  He too was getting drowsy.  The adrenaline rush of having his wife by his side again was beginning to wear off.  It would pick back up again later.

 - "Deh, yeobo.  I was dozing off and felt like I was falling."

 - "Eeliwah (Come here), lay your head in my lap."

 - "I don't think that's legal."

 - "Gwenchana, you're still wearing a seatbelt."

Suzy grinned as she happily obliged.

 - "You know your wife is going to kill you.  You didn't see the disappointment on her face."

 - "I heard it," Jihoo smiled a little guilty.  "She'll forgive me," he held up the rose.

Brendon shook his head.  "Alright, let's go.  It's late."

Jihoo opened the right-side passenger door at the same time Brendon opened his.

 - "Yah!"  JungMin said.

 - "You made it!  You're dead," Juan Carlos said.

It appeared as if Gloria and Suzy had fallen asleep, but Suzy smiled, hearing everything.

Jihoo ignored the guys and grinned as he saw his wife also with her eyes closed.  He removed the earphones and placed the rose on her lap.  "Sarang, my burgundy rose," he tucked her hair behind her ear and scanned her up and down.  She'd dressed and worn her hair to please him.  He'd missed her so much and here she was asleep.  "Sarang, wake up," he was rubbing her hand in his.

Ilana thought she heard Jihoo.  Her eyes felt heavy as she tried opening them.  The noise of her hand hitting cellophane on her lap startled her awake.  That and her other hand was trapped.  Before she panicked, she realized they were still in the van.  Her brain hadn't registered Jihoo's presence yet.

Jihoo continued to rub her hand with his until her head was clear enough to notice him right next to her.  "Sarang...?" She said sleepily.

 - "Bogoshipatso."

 - "Why are we still in the van?"  She said, gaining a little more consciousness.

 - "Na wanted to surprise you."

 - "Surprise me?"  She remembered the sound she'd heard when she woke.  Looking down to her lap, she smelled the rose before her eyes locked on their target.  Turning the light on above her seat, she saw it was a burgundy rose.

 - "Gomawo," she smiled, forgetting for a minute how sad she'd been just moments earlier.  "Sarang!"  She realized she'd been played.  "You can't leave for a week and then decide to make me wait an hour longer to see you!"

The men were chuckling as Ilana began to come to her senses.

 - "Deh, Sarang, mianhae.  I saw you from behind, nomu yippeun, na wanted to do something for my unconscious beauty."

 - "Yoon Jihoo knows I don't like surprises."

 - "Sarang just doesn't have patience," he took her hand again and kissed it.

 - "Nampyon is not getting off that easy, I was very upset, and you wouldn't even let me stay with you."

 - "Saranghae, even when you're angry."  He still had her hand in his.

 - "I'm not talking to you," she looked for her phone.

Jihoo realized what she was looking for and handed her phone and earphones.  Starting her music and putting in her earphones she glared at him and stuck her tongue out before lying back with eyes closed.  Jihoo saw the slight smile on her face and laid his own head against the headrest.  "Disrespectful anae," he said with a smile of his own.

Ilana had the feeling of floating sometime later and woke up on Jihoo's back as they were just entering their room.  Joy let out a 'why are you home so late?' meow as Jihoo set Ilana gently down on the bed.  "Goyangi, shh!"  Jihoo told her sternly, yet scratched her ears.  The cat began to purr and climb over Ilana to get to Jihoo.

Ilana began to pet the cat, sleepily.  "Appa bogoshipoyo?"  She asked the cat.  "Nado nampyon bogoshipatso."

Jihoo leaned in for a slow and tender kiss.  He'd missed his wife terribly and longed to not only feel her lips but her entire body.  Even if it was just to wrap his arms around her as they slept.  Joy remained on top of Ilana's chest staring at the couple wondering when they would stop grooming each other (in the eyes of the cat) and go to sleep.

Across the property, toward the back, in the little cottage, JungMin had also piggybacked his sleeping wife to their room.  The problem was his wife wore her favorite denim shorts and long sleeveless tee.  As he felt her bare legs in his hands, he remembered it had been a week since he'd seen or felt those legs or had those legs wrapped around him while making love to her.  He placed her gently on the bed but feeling naughty, he removed her sneakers and began tickling her legs with his lips, teeth, and tongue.  He systematically worked his way up her body until she began to wake back up.  "JungMin?"  Suzy woke to her husband running his tongue over her stomach and his hand deftly ing her shorts.

 - "Jagiya, bogoshipatso," he said before his mouth captured her lips.

 - "Nado," she said in between kisses.  Things escalated from there and soon clothes began to fly.  Their lips separated only enough to remove clothing.

 - "Jagiya!  I can't hold back."

 - "Don't."  Suzy began to a little before he straddled her on top of him and quenched their mutual hunger.

Jihoo ended the kiss and gazed intently at his wife, caressing her cheek with his thumb.  "Pigonhaeyo (I’m tired), it's been a long week.  Yesu knows nomu bogoshipatso."  He gave her a teasing kiss.  There was no way he'd last making love to her tonight.  He'd made a vow that he would never take her hurriedly or selfishly.  If he couldn't take his time and love her completely, then he wouldn't take her at all.  It meant their lovemaking had to be carefully planned, but the reward was worth it.  "Sarang, wait for me while I take a quick shower."

 - "Ani!"  Clinging to his neck, she nibbled at his lips, making Joy leave for a more stable bed.  She wanted him next to her; to feel his arms around her; wanting to bury herself in his broad chest and inhale his scent.

Jihoo smiled.  "Five minutes...I promise.  Na won't be able to sleep if I don't shower."  He kissed her once more and playfully bit her pouting lip while removing her hold on him.

Ilana sighed at her retreating husband; she needed to get ready for bed as well.  She washed her face, changed into one of his favorite nightgowns and brushed her teeth in the time it took Jihoo to shower, dress and dry his hair.  Ilana was setting the rose in a vase when her husband took her by the hand.

 - "Kaja," he led her back to the bed.  Joy had moved to her cozy cave bed, while her human pillows were away.

After climbing into bed and setting the rose on her nightstand, Ilana moved to lay half on top of Jihoo, with her head on his chest.  Jihoo rested one hand on her back, while the other ran his fingers through her hair and tickled the back of her neck.  "Na have been wanting to hold you in my arms since the day I left.  Na don’t ever want to be apart like that again.”  Even as he said it, he knew the likelihood of them having to be apart for business from time to time was very high.

 - “Annchoah being without you.”  With eyes closed, she reached up and traced a cheekbone with her fingertip, then moved to his brow, then down his nose to his lips.

Jihoo captured the finger playfully between his teeth.  She was grinning widely.  He moved one of his hands and took her mischievous fingers in it.  He brought the back of her hand to his lips and brushed them against it a few times.

Untangling her hand from his, she propped herself up slightly and fit her lips with his.  Remnants of the minty toothpaste on his lips gave hers a not unpleasant tingling sensation.  He matched her unhurried pace, letting them linger in the kiss, savoring its sweetness, burying his hands in her hair.  Smiling, she ended the kiss and unconsciously her lips wondering if they too tasted like toothpaste.  Immediately embarrassed, she buried her face in his neck and nipped at the sensitive flesh there.  She took in her fill of his scent that had begun to fade from his pajamas.  Moving from his neck to his collarbone, she ran her hand up and down his arm and the felt the solid chest under her.  She ran her lips across his shirt, along his chest, and placed a few light kisses on his much-toned abs.

Jihoo held his breath as she was getting a little too close to his sensitive area.  Everything was perfect, but Ilana sat up abruptly.  “Sarang?”

 - “Off with this…” she demanded he remove his shirt and was already pulling it up.

 - “Wae?” He chuckled as he obliged his wife.  Having spent the week in the dormitory for visiting Doctor’s he’d always worn a shirt to bed.  Not to mention, it helped to keep him comfortable as he slept in the extremely humid conditions.  It had become part of his routine and hadn’t thought twice about throwing a shirt on.

Ilana smiled as the shirt flew somewhere, other than on her husband.  She straightened herself against him again and laid her cheek against the warmth of his skin.  In the briefest of moments, she was comforted by the feel of him under her and his delicious scent; her eyelids began to get very heavy.  It had to be about one A.M.  Managing to lift her head for a second, she gave a quick kiss on his chest and settled back in. Saranghae, jalja.”  She closed her eyes.

 - “Paboya,” Jihoo said affectionately.  He ran his thumb across her cheek.  He too was tired and could feel the tiredness begin to overwhelm him, but he just couldn’t resist the following:  “Sarang?”  She didn’t immediately respond. Sarang?”

 - “Mmm?”  She mumbled sleepily.

 - “Na don’t think it’s fair; Na have to sleep without a shirt and Sarang doesn’t?”

 - “Mmm?”  Her sleep-deprived brain couldn’t comprehend what he was saying.

Jihoo slid her off him and Ilana cracked her eyes open, still trying to comprehend.  He was grinning down at her.  If nae shirt must come off, so does nae sarang’s nightgown.”

 - “Huh?”  Jihoo was already slowly bringing her nightgown up, rubbing his hands up her thighs as he went.  “Jihoo?”

He kissed her flat stomach and continued moving upwards along with gown.  He gave her a peck on the lips before pulling the gown over her head and discarding it along with his shirt.  She blinked up at him, not understanding what she was supposed to do.  He saw the goosebumps on her arms and covered her once again.  Jalja,” he said turning her away from him, so he could spoon her against him.  He didn't have to see her red face to know it was there.


August 15, 2015

It was very late by the time Ilana's eyes began to open.  All was quiet, and she could hear Jihoo's soft breathing on one side and Joy's running motor on the other side.  She took a deep breath and squeezed her eyes shut wanting more sleep.  But her brain decided to wake up and start thinking of all the things that needed to be done within the company.  She had to get Mina and TaeYoung more help, now.  She was working on her management responsibilities and being the backbone of their team in Los Angeles as well as helping Mina with marketing.  Most of the time, they left the office alone to visit clients.  She would have to start with a full-time administrator; currently, all calls were forwarded to Mina's cell phone and she either forwarded them to TaeYoung, their newest staff member or kept them for herself.  She was hoping not to have to spend any more money until next year, but they were growing and needed to staff according to the need.  Ilana sighed; she hadn't really had a day off since they came back.  JungMin was busy getting ready for construction to begin on the new mall in Buena Park that had as one if it's partners, YG Entertainment.  He was also working with their representative in Peru, helping him to tap into the Korean market in that country.  Ilana knew JungMin would have to fly out soon, whether she went with him or Antonio did, was the question.  Ilana was about to give herself a headache first thing in the morning (not realizing it was almost eleven A.M), she brought her palms to the side of her head.  Smiling, she turned to face Jihoo.  Feeling the sheet slide against her skin, she blushed remembering that he had removed her gown before sleeping.  Tucking the bedsheet firmly around her chest, she cast all thoughts of work aside and gazed intently at her husband who was sleeping on his stomach.  It was only the weekends and sometimes not even then that she could wake and study him at her leisure.  "Joy-ah," she whispered, "let's wake up Appa."  No matter how carefully Ilana rose onto her elbow, Joy left for more stable ground.  She most likely knew that once they were awake, she would no longer be able to sleep.  Her fingers indulged her husband silky clean dirty blond mane.  During the day, he always had product in it, so only at night once the product was either washed away or worn away did her fingers have free access.  She tickled around his ear for a bit, enjoying herself.  He took a deep breath and Ilana quickly moved her hand, wanting to wake him, just not yet.  She wanted to wake him gently with soft caresses.  When his breathing returned to normal, she ran two fingers from his forehead, along his temples, down his cheek, and along his jawbone.  She removed her fingers long enough to kiss one and placed it softly on his lips.  She grinned to herself, wondering how much more she could get away with before he woke up.  She didn't know what her favorite part of him was.  Was it his chest that she loved to bury her head in?  Was it his strong arms that she loved to be held in?  She ran her hand down one muscular arm.  Or was it his back that was just beautiful?  She sat up and held on to the bedsheet while her finger drew little circles around the shoulder blade and then slid up and down the vertebrae.  Again, Jihoo inhaled deeply and exhaled.  Ilana knew she didn't have long before he woke up and she'd be in trouble.  Without losing her hold on the sheet, she somehow managed to brush his lips with hers and moved to his neck and then his shoulder.  She continued brushing her lips, sometimes just the bottom, sometimes both, along his back.  "Bogoshipatso," she whispered.

Jihoo felt something warm on his back and yet, he felt chills going up his spine.

Ilana was enjoying her caresses to her husband’s back.  Now on her knees, she had traveled down to the base of it and gave his side a damp kiss, letting her tongue taste the slight saltiness of his skin.

Jihoo, slightly ticklish on his side and on the verge of awakening, jumped at the sensation, shifting himself to onto his back.

Ilana who was balanced precariously holding the sheet, herself, and trying not to lean on her husband, lost the fight as soon as he shifted under her.  Before either one could register, Ilana lay across Jihoo's stomach with the sheet having slipped just below her chest.

There was something about waking to his wife disheveled and in this case from the waist up that drove him crazy.  While the blood rushed to Ilana's cheeks under her husband's scrutiny, the blood rushed elsewhere on Jihoo.  Trying to regain her modesty, Ilana bit her lip nervously as she lifted herself enough to pull the sheet back up and then remove herself from her husband's stomach.  Wordlessly, Ilana began to sit up and wordlessly Jihoo pulled her back on top of him, dislodging the sheet once more.  "Nomu Choah waking up like this," he said in his just awakened husky voice.  His lips claimed hers a little more demanding than she was used to, spreading warmth from her face all the way down her body.  Jihoo made use of his hands to push her completely on top of him.  He caressed her with one hand, while the other took advantage of her bare to tickle one sleepy .  Ilana whimpered against his mouth.  He playfully bit her lip and entered her very warm mouth with his tongue.  Ilana let her fingers rake his hair, it was all she could manage as he sent shivers down her spine with his touch.  Jihoo's hands moved from her back to her bottom and thighs, while he released her tongue and began to lips, just brushing them with his.  This usually made her impatient for more, but he didn't give in just yet.  He loved to hear her sighs and decided to be mischievous, rocking his hips slowly under her.  The desired effect was his wife drawing shaky breaths.  He nuzzled her cheek and let his lips grace her skin down to her neck, letting his warm breath tickle her there.  He groaned into her neck.  At this point his desire for her was overwhelming.  It had been ten days since he'd had her last and didn't know how long he'd hold out, but he had to.

It had been the Monday before he left for Haiti.  He had scheduled the day off to get her annual exam, which was over three years late.  He had reviewed her records and spoke with her cousin.  It was one of the exams he always had her sedated for and even then, at times she became agitated.  He prayed that she would remain calm.  Her cousin's intentions perhaps were good, but he never helped her get over her fears.  There weren't many female doctors affiliated with the city hospital, but thankfully he did his research and found a highly favored family practice doctor not that far away.  From the moment she stepped into the office, her blood pressure was doomed to go through the roof.  She knew that he was there for her and she knew there was nothing to fear, but the human psyche was good at playing tricks.

 - "Ilana, trust me, I hate this as much as you do," the doctor told her.  "One of these days I'll invent something so women don’t have to go through this."  She laughed.  "I'll have you in and out in less than ten minutes, okay?"

Ilana had nodded her head, but being in such a vulnerable position in front of a stranger was overwhelming.  Jihoo held her hand tightly as she concentrated on breathing to keep herself calm.

 - "Sing with me, Sarang."  Seeing her struggling gave him an idea.  He didn't know all the words, but they had just sung the song the day before and it was still fresh in his mind. (Music)

And this is my prayer in the fire

In weakness or trial or pain

There is a faith proved

Of more worth than gold

So, refine me, Lord, through the flame

And I will bring praise

I will bring praise

No weapon formed against me shall remain

I will rejoice

I will declare

God is my victory and He is here

And this is my prayer in the battle

When triumph is still on its way

I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ

So firm on His promise I'll stand

And I will bring praise

I will bring praise

No weapon formed against me shall remain

I will rejoice

I will declare

God is my victory and He is here

All of my life

In every season

You are still God

I have a reason to sing

I have a reason to worship

By the time they started and stopped trying to remember the words and repeated the chorus and bridge a few times.  The doctor was just about done with her exam and Ilana was much calmer.

 - "All done!"  The doctor announced about Five minutes later.  Jihoo had told her Ilana was worried about not being pregnant yet.  "Everything looks and feels normal and you haven't been married that long.  I wouldn't worry about anything.  Ilana, your cycle is a little irregular, right?  You should try and relieve any stress in your life and just enjoy making love to your husband and not worry about conceiving.  It will happen when you least expect it."

They both thanked the Doctor and Ilana barely waited for the Doctor to leave before jumping up to get dressed.  As long as they were facing her fear of doctor's and exams, he had her blood drawn as well.  With the tension she was under, even if she didn't realize it, he wanted to check for anemia again.

By the time they returned home, Ilana was exhausted.  It had been a miracle that she didn't faint at either the doctor's office or at the lab.

 - "It's done, Sarang.  You won't need to go through that for another year, arraso?  You did well," he kissed her tenderly and lovingly.

Nana made them a colorful salad for lunch, knowing her girl would scarcely eat and she had to pack her with the healthiest ingredients.

Eating about half of her plate, Ilana announced she was done.  "I'm a little tired, I think I just want to nap for a little bit."  The adrenaline of the morning had begun to wear off, leaving her completely drained.  It had been an emotionally stressful morning.  He escorted her to their room and led her to their bed.  "Rest for a little while, I'll go do some work downstairs."

 - "Kajima!"  She panicked.

Jihoo sat on the bed and held her.  "Gwenchana.  Saranghae and naega proud of you.  Sarang did well today."

 - "I don't feel well."  She felt anxious, still, and grimy.  Had Jihoo not been by her side, there was no way she would have endured.  It had been over quickly, but not quickly enough for the painful memories not to resurface.

 - "Rest for a little while and then we'll go for a ride in the carriage."

        Ilana didn't think she could rest.  "I want to take a bath," she kissed the corner of his lips, with a smile.  "Will you come with me?"  She needed him to block out the memories, to replace them with memories of him, she needed his loving touch and kisses.  She knew the memories had to remain for her to help others.  It was God's victory over the demons that was her testimony.  But she also knew God had given her a husband to which she could cling to for support and protection when the enemy tried to make those memories take over her life again.

They had bathed each other, washing away her old memories and when they were done, he lay her gently on the bed and dried her off before making love to her very slowly, gently holding her close to him the entire time.  In the evening, they had gone on a double date with JungMin and Suzy and before they slept he needed her once more.  In the morning he'd be on a plane to Haiti.

They had been kissing and touching each other’s bodies for a little while now, their remaining clothes discarded at one point, but not sure when.  Jihoo couldn't hold back anymore.  She began to perspire at his touch; he felt her readiness for him.  "Sarang, I can't hold back anymore."  He kissed her passionately and entered her, satisfying their mutual longing for each other.  He made love to her hungrily, this time, and she received it just as hungrily.  He wanted to prolong this joining as long as possible, bringing them both close to their brink and pulling back to kiss her tenderly and softly.  "Saranghae," he'd tell her as he nuzzled her cheek and brushed his lips against her neck.

 - "Sarang...," she would protest against him.

He couldn't deny her anything at that moment.  He especially loved it when she became so overwhelmed with the pleasure he was giving her, she’d freeze, not knowing what to do.  At those times when all she could do was bite her bottom lip and grip the sheet under her, he'd all but stop and kiss her slowly and hold her close.  He would bring her arms around his neck and look directly into her eyes as he loved her.  They would share a smile and everything around them would cease to exist again.

At the Park cottage, Suzy was awake and wanting her husband’s attention.  She had slipped on a robe and gone to the kitchen for his carrot juice.  She could be quite creative in her ways of waking him up.  Especially on days neither had to work.  With Medicine dropper in one hand and glass of juice in the other, she returned to the bedroom.  Grinning like a Cheshire cat, she suctioned some juice into the dropper and squeezed a few drops just above her husband's lip and a few drops on his lips.  As the drops on his lips disappeared she would add more and more.  If any drops spilled over, she would kiss his face clean.  She could tell by his breathing when he was starting to wake up.  Filling the dropper one more time, she slipped it past his lips and let the juice trickle into his mouth and then she covered his mouth with hers.

JungMin felt himself swallowing liquid and nearly suffocating.  Opening his eyes immediately, he saw the source of his suffocation was his wife.  Pulling away long enough to catch his breath, he returned the favor to his wife by biting her grinning lips and then smothering them with his own.  JungMin decided his wife was driving him crazy and began to untie her robe, not breaking their kiss.  She squealed and overpowered him, toppling her husband back onto the bed and placed a knee on his chest.

 - “Yah!  What are you doing?”

 - “Ani,” she said sweetly and bent forward to tease his lips a little.  She made sure her knee was well in place to hold him as she inflicted her sweet torture on his lips and jaw all the way to his ear.  When he tried to hold her, she grabbed his little fingers with her thumbs and moved her wrist slightly to apply pressure.  Begopa, take me to breakfast.”  With that, she managed to jump off the bed and run to the bathroom, where clothes were already waiting for her.

 - “Jeongmal?  Suzy-ah!!  Get back out here and finish what you started!”

 - “I did!  I’m going to wash off really quick!”  She shouted back.

She quickly ran a loofah across her body and washed her face.  In less than ten minutes she was dressed.  Exiting the bathroom, she found a sulking husband sitting on the vanity.  “You owe me,” he kissed her with all the promise of what she owed him.

 - “Deh!”  She smiled sweetly.  Palli!”  She smacked his bottom with her towel.

 - “Yeoja!”  JungMin shouted before slamming the bathroom door.

Suzy giggled as she brushed her teeth and smoothed toner and BB cream over her face.  By the time she was stuffing a ponytail through a ball cap, JungMin was coming out of the bathroom.  Deciding she needed to get out his way, lest she didn’t get her breakfast, she moved toward the bedroom door.  “I’m going to say good morning to Nana really quick, I’ll meet you at the car, deh?”  Suzy ran off before he could say anything.

 - “Yeoja, chincha…just wait until we get back home.”

Jihoo and Ilana lay spent, trying to catch their breath after their lovemaking.  It usually took some time for them to actually let go of each other.  Jihoo slowly moved to her side and wrapped her leg around his.  He kissed her slowly as well, without hurry.  He just wanted to feel her lips with his.  Ending the kiss, he pulled her to his chest and wrapped his arms tightly around her. Saranghae,” he said.

 - “Nado saranghae.  Bogoshipatso.”

 - “Deh, Sarang, it was very difficult to be apart for so long.”

Smiling she gave a quick kiss on his chest where her nose happened to be.  She inhaled his sweet and musky scent.  Had it really been only ten days?  It felt like an eternity.

 - “Sarang,” he gently moved her face, so he could to look at her.  “Did I…hurt you?  Did I enter you too deeply at times?”

His wife shook her head 'no' and buried her face back into his chest.  At times he hadn't been able to contain himself and wanted to be deeply joined inside of her, as deeply as he loved her.  If only, in that way they would never be apart.  He had missed her so much and it was only ten days.  He had needed her so much and it's hard to think at that particular moment, but now he worried that he could have hurt her either physically or emotionally.  He was extremely thankful that she trusted him to please her and could find joy in their lovemaking.  He never wanted it to be otherwise.  He couldn't bear to have her reject him again due to fear.  Suddenly he had remembered her gasps and whimper during their lovemaking.  He prayed they been from desire and not pain.  "Sarang, chincha?" Again, he unburied her face, loving the pretty pink flush of it.

 - "Sarang, gwenchana!"  Ilana felt her cheeks burning and tried avoiding his eyes.  It had surprised her at first as he made love to her a little less gently than usual.  She trusted him, and he never did anything to intentionally harm her; therefore, she let herself get caught up in his desire and let it fuel her own.

Settling back against his chest, Ilana’s mind suddenly turned back to work and all she had to do.  Inwardly, she sighed; it could wait until later in the evening.  Right now, nothing was going to separate her from her husband.  Unknowingly, she was smiling against the warmth of his chest.

 - "Wae?"  He tried to unbury her face from his chest.

 - "Ani!"  She giggled, unyielding.

 - "Wae?"

 - "Bpo bpo!"  She mumbled into his chest.

 - "Mworago?"  He lifted her face and her eyes twinkled in mischief.

 - "Amogotdo ani," she pouted and refused to repeat herself.

 - "Arraso, arraso."  He played along.  "Bpo Bpo keuda or jogeum (big or little)?"

 - "Bpo bpo jogeum."

 - "Deh?"  He kissed her forehead and continued placing soft kisses along her hairline, her cheek, and her nose.  He brushed her lips with his and kissed each corner softly before continuing along her jawbone down to her ear and traveling down her neck.

Ilana scrunched her neck as Jihoo tickled her with his kisses.  "Hajima."

 - "Ani."

 - "Deh!!"  She untangled herself until her hands were free and brought his face down to hers.  She nibbled and on his bottom lip slowly and gently stopping only long enough to nuzzle his face for a little.  Ending the kiss, she let her hand caress his face.  She traced his eyebrows and slid down his nose and ending at his lips.  Lifted herself up, she placed a soft kiss on his lips.  He had a nice full bottom lip that was irresistible for nibbling, which she did just before laying back on the pillows that were scattered all over the bed.

 - "Sarang, what are you doing?"

 - "Ani?"

 - "Ani?  Then I am not doing anything either."  He repeated her gestures but didn't stop at her lips.   He continued down her neck, tickling her with his breath.

 - "Sarang!  Hajima!"

 - "Shiro!"  He gave little bites to her collarbone, before stopping and lay at her side so that he could see her face.  "Naega at Anae's disposal today.  Whatever you want to do is fine by me; although, I wouldn't mind staying in bed all day?"

 - "Lazybones, what will Nana think if we don't come down all day?"

 - "She knows exactly what happens when a husband and wife have been apart for ten days.  Your parents often traveled separately, deh?"  He began kissing her lips softly, fitting his with hers and hers with his and gaining momentum from there.  Until Ilana's stomach growled loudly, breaking the mood.  Laughing, he hugged her against him.  "Deh Sarang, Na promised to be a good provider and here I am starving you for my own selfish desires."

 - "Mmm, not just your selfish desires," she lifted herself onto her elbows and husband with a bold kiss.  Just when he was going to take control again, her stomach growled again, and she buried her face, giggling into his neck.

JungMin and Suzy were enjoying their Saturday morning brunch at a local creperie.  Suzy ordered an egg white omelet with lots of vegetables, while JungMin had the Chimichurri steak and eggs.  "Moke," he extended his fork to his wife with a bit of steak on it.

 - "Oooh!  Delicious!  Try the omelet."  Suzy took up a piece of the egg along with a piece of carrot.

 - "Choah," he said.  "Tell me about your trip."

 - "Nomu choah.  I got to deliver a few babies while we were there."  She was grinning from ear to ear in excitement.  "I also worked in post-delivery but mostly doing woman exams and prenatal care.  How about you?  Still busy?"

 - "Beyond!!  If you hadn't come home yesterday, we'd be working today.  Ilana has been working directly with me and the architects that are involved in building that thirteen-acre mall for YG and their partners."

 - "Why isn't Ilana one of the architect’s involved?"

 - "She has the knowledge, but not the experience, not to mention she's too busy with the Seoul branch.  They've picked up many new accounts in the last month and all three of the staff are at their limit.  They'll have to hire more people very soon; Ilana is just trying to hold out until the last quarter."

 - "Yeobo, do...you...want to go back home?"  Suzy wanted to feel him out since that would directly affect what she had been planning.

JungMin sighed, thinking.  "Ani...I wouldn't have taken on the job if I wasn't committed to it.  I'm meeting a lot of people and... Jeongmal!  I forgot to tell you!  Sony Music sent me a letter this week.  I haven't even told Ilana."

 - "Mwo?  What do they want?"  Suzy was shocked an excited.

 - "It seems they would be interested in to listen to any other songs I've written."

 - "Omo!  Yeobo chukahae!"

 - "Deh," he said with less enthusiasm then he should.

 - "Yah?  Don't you want this?"

 - "Deh...Ani...Not with them.  Like I said, I'm meeting a lot of people and if I can get my foot in the door with someone who sponsors Korean talent.  Mollah, I don't know where to go yet.  Remember, Ilana said I could be standing on a stage I helped to build?  YG's contribution to this new mall is a 2,000-seat performing arts center.  I don't have a problem starting off small and building up.  In the meantime, I can help Ilana and network with people that can get me what I want.  Speaking of which, I'll need to go to Peru soon.  The rep out there will share his commission with me if I help him get into the Korean market over there.  This is good for Ilana because you know everyone still has ties to someone back home.  If we do business here and do a good job for them, they will recommend us to their family and friends back home."

 - "Unnie knew what she was doing when she propositioned you, deh?"  Suzy smiled at her husband, proudly.

 - "Greomyo!"

Suzy rolled her eyes at her oftentimes cocky husband.  "Greon, yeobo has his future all planned out and this trip has made me plan out mine...and yours too."

 - "Deh?"

 - "Deh.  I'll be done with my studies in about six months.  Minnie-ah, those babies were just so precious...and getting them to move inside their Umma..." Suzy squealed with excitement at the image.

JungMin had a feeling he knew where this was heading, feeling his throat closing from a sudden thirst.  "Jagi, all babies are cute, deh?  Maybe Ilana will have one soon and you can deliver it."  His palms were beginning to sweat. 

 - "Deh, that would be fun.  Hajiman, it's unbelievable how tiny they are, and everything is just so perfectly small, and they just grow so fast!  Did you know that in a year, babies triple their weight?  When they're born, it seems like there's something new each day.  They're lifting their head in just a few weeks...."  Suzy spewed out baby facts one right after the other.  She didn't notice her husband getting pale and clammy.

He swallowed and drank water, cooling his hands on the cold glass.  "Jagi, chincha?  That's really interesting..." he interrupted. Greon, what did you eat over there?"  He hoped to distract her from her baby talk.

 - “The regional food is different than anything I've ever tasted, but it was good after I got used to it."

 - "And your dorm was nice?  You never had to live in a dorm.  KyuJong and you had your own rooms on the ship."

 - "Choah, it's always nice to meet people from all over.  Hajiman, Minnie-ah, I want to tell you what I've been thinking."

 - "Mmm, should we get the check and go for a walk in the shade?  It's like being in Seoul for the summer.  We were used to being on the cool water every day."

 - "Deh!  Every indoor area was air-conditioned and outside was never more than 23.9 (75 F)."  Suzy smiled at the memories of their time on the ship.  "Hajiman, na want to talk.  Nampyon keeps interrupting me."  Suzy pouted.  She didn't yet realize he was changing the subject on purpose.  "Is this how you get your clients?  You don't stop talking until they say yes, just to shut you up?"

 - "Ani..."  It was his turn to sulk.  "Bogoshipatso, na just want to hear about your week."

 - "Deh..."  She smiled and took his hand in hers.  He had just wiped them off on a napkin beforehand.  "Yeobo..."

JungMin tried to keep still, but thankfully they were interrupted by the waitress who brought them the check.  "Can I get you two anything else?" The waitress asked.

 - "No, thank you," JungMin said.  He had already removed his hand to take the check.

 - "You can pay at the front when you're ready," the waitress began to walk away.

 - "Jamkkanman, I'll pay this and then we’ll go."  JungMin ran off quickly.

 - "That mal!"  Suzy began to get frustrated.

It took about forty minutes for Jihoo and Ilana to shower, dress, and be downstairs eating a very late lunch.  It took all of Ilana's will to keep her husband on his side of the shower.  Of course, the European shower that he had installed was heavenly and worthy of hunger just to let it wash the stress and tiredness of the week.  It was already half-past one when they finally made it downstairs.  "Mm... gracias, Nana!"  They had dug into their chicken curry wrap, topped with mango chutney and homemade sweet potato fries with relish.  They had called Nana to prepare them food while they showered.  She took care of all their needs, personally, while her help did most of the other household chores.

 - "Han de estar cansadísimos.  Se levantaron tan tarde (¡You two must be exhausted!  You woke up so late)."  Nana couldn't resist teasing the two.

 - "Delicioso Nana (It's delicious, Nana)Nana conoce su niña (Nana knows her girl), sometimes she doesn't want to get up."  His Spanish was getting better, but occasionally the words escaped him.

Ilana glared at him.  "Mentiroso (liar)," she mumbled.

Nana laughed at them.  "No será que su marido no quiso que se levantara (Wouldn't it be that her husband didn't let her up?"

 - "Quizás (Maybe)."  Jihoo played along with Nana, while Ilana busied herself with her glass of water.

 - "Que arán ésta tarde, muchachos (What will you kids do this afternoon)?"

Jihoo knew Ilana would want to go horseback riding.  "It's too hot to go riding," he told her.  He laughed as her face fell.  "What do commoners do when it's too hot?"

- "Sarang is asking the wrong person," Ilana shrugged and turned to Nana.  "Suzy no se ha reportado (Suzy hasn't checked in)?"

 - "Si, mi niña.  Se fueron almorzar (Yes dear, they went to brunch)."

Jihoo was looking through his phone for an activity.  "What about the symphony?  A concert is playing nearby or this Festival of the arts in Laguna Beach?  That is a little far, but it would be nice?"

Ilana didn't really feel like going anywhere.  "Sarang...can we just stay home?"

 - "Deh...gwenchana?"

 - "Mmm, nomu pigonhaeyo (too tired)."  Again, she was thinking of the work she needed to do.  But right now, she wanted some quality time with her husband.  An idea, or more so, a memory crept into her head.

Nana had taken their dishes and was loading the dishwasher.  Jihoo placed his forehead against hers.  "Who's the lazybones now?"

 - "Ani!"  She placed both hands on his face.  "I have an idea.  Abeoji and Umma sometimes had musical evenings.  We'd play the piano and sing in the sitting room.  Abeoji would sometimes play his violin.  We'd have so much fun."

 - "Choah that idea.  Should we ask JungMin and Suzy to join us?"

 - "Deh!!!"  Ilana was getting excited about their plans and pecked Jihoo on the lips before letting go of his face.  "Gomawo."

JungMin and Suzy wandered around the same park Jihoo and Ilana had taken their engagement photos.  It was almost one hundred degrees out, but the trees provided shade and a comfortable breeze played around them.  Suzy had yet to finish her conversation.  Every time she was about to start, the skittish husband of hers got distracted with another topic of conversation.  They were enjoying the little pond area with its trickling waterfalls.  Suzy saw a bench and pointed.  "Yeobo, anja."  JungMin sat and she didn't.  A second later, she sat right on her husband's lap, deciding not to move until he heard her out.  "Bogoshipatso," she gave him a cute pouty face and rubbed her nose on his.  "Bpo Bpo?"  She laughed and kissed his cheeks and nose but not his mouth.

 - "Yah!  Just wait until we get home agassi."

 - "Wae yeobo?  Yeobo doesn't want to play with me?"  She batted her eyelashes.

 - "Deh, Na want to play by my rules," JungMin told her while circling her waist a little tighter.  Thankfully no one was around.  He tried to kiss her, and she would pull back at the last second, teasing him.

 - "Ani," she leaned in again and his lips.  "Today we play by my rules."

 - "Yah, where did my sweet Suzy go?"

 - "Ha!  I learned from the Master Park JungMin”.  She played with his hair and rubbed at his ear very softly.  Once he was properly subdued enjoying her loving attention, she wrapped her arms around his waist and laid her head on his chest.  She felt his hands on her back, massaging small circles.  The setting was as ideal as one could get:  the sound of water gurgling, a gentle breeze flowing and almost completely isolated.  It was time.  "Gloria Unnie says when I'm done with my nurse practitioner degree, Na can be guaranteed a position in the woman's health clinic or in labor and delivery."

 - "Chukahae!"

 - "So, by the time I've been in either department for a year, na want to be pregnant."

 - "Mwo?!"  JungMin sat up so abruptly, he almost knocked her off.

 - "Min!"  Suzy grabbed on to his shirt in order not to fall.

 - "Isn't-Isn't it too soon?"

 - "Ani!  By the time I finish my degree, we'll have been married two years.  Depending on how fast nae Mal works..." she drew circles with the tip of her finger on his chest.  "...we'll have been married at least three years before we have our own jogum (little) mal."  She ended her statement by at his lips and asking for entry with her tongue.

JungMin's mind was reeling, but her kisses were distracting him.  He finally recovered his senses and ended the kiss.  "Chincha?  Jagi?  Hwagsilhaeyo (Are you sure)?"

 - "Deh," she was getting a little upset that he wasn't excited about her plan.  "JungMin anieyo?"

 - "Deh, deh, deh!  It’s just...mollah!  Na... Hadn’t thought about it yet..."

 - "Wae?  JungMin ansipeoyo (you don't want to)?

 - "Aish!  Nan geureon mal han jeok eopseo (I didn't say that)!"

 - "Gueron?"  Suzy stood up, taking offense at her husband's shock.

 - "Jagi!!"  He grabbed her hand and brought her back to his lap and held her there.

She was getting angrier and angrier and was about to start crying.  "Wae?!"  She demanded an explanation.  "Nampyon is the only one allowed to make plans?"  She felt tears burning to be released.

 - "Jagi, jagi, ani!  It's just..."

 - "Wae?"

 - "It's a little scary, deh?  Being responsible for someone other than just us?  What if I don't do a good job?"

 - "Yeobo, we only have two choices.  We can be good parents, or we can be bad ones.  The fact that you're worried means you'll choose to be a good parent."

 - "Mmm," JungMin gave his wife a non-hurried kiss.  "If we only have two years to practice...maybe we should start now."

 - "Yeobo!"  Suzy screamed as JungMin stood up with her in his arms and carried her all the way back to the car.

Jihoo and Ilana lounged in the sitting room, listening to music.  Ilana lay on the couch with her head on Jihoo's lap, reading about architectural trends in Korea.  Other than her Bible, it seemed that was all she read.  She was tempted to flip over to one of her favorite novels when she saw movement outside of the window.  "Suzy and Min are home," Ilana began to sit up.  "I'll go tell them to spend their evening with us."  Ilana threw on her sandals by the front door.

JungMin had just thrown his screaming and laughing wife over his shoulder when Ilana stepped outside.

 - "Am I interrupting something?"

 - "Deh!"  JungMin shouted.

 - "Anieyo Unnie!!!  Chincha!"

 - "When you two are done doing whatever it is you're doing, come over for dinner and we'll play music and spend some time together."

 - "Arraseo Unnie!!  Park JungMin, put me down!"

 - "Shiro!"  He carried her back to their cottage.

 - "What was that about?Jihoo asked once Ilana walked back to the door.

 - "Mollah," Ilana laughed.

 - "I wonder how Sarang would look over my shoulder like that."

 - "Don't even think about it! Ilana took a step back as he took a step forward.  "Yah!"  She screamed and took off running the best she could in sandals.

Jihoo closed the door and followed at a leisurely pace.

In the evening, they all ended up having a Barbecue and their musical evening outside.  Nana and Brendon were of course included.  Nana taught the girls and JungMin a few of the flamenco dance steps, while Jihoo and Brendon played guitar.  JungMin got Suzy to sing an older song from a movie that she'd always liked.

- "JungMin-ah, anae has so many talents," Ilana said.  Although she'd heard Suzy sing before, this song was in English and therefore all the words and the melody (music) immediately sunk into Ilana's heart.

 The one who liked to remain behind the scenes also got to showcase his talents.  Nana made Jihoo sing.  "Ahora le toca al Doctorcito (Now it's the young doctor's turn)," she still referred to him as the 'young doctor' for he will always be the young doctor who cured her little girl's heart.

 - "Anieyo Nana!"  He tried to beg off.

"Jihoo-ah, Jihoo-ah..." Ilana began to chant, followed by Suzy, Nana, and JungMin.

 - "Just give in, you can't win," Brendon advised.

Reluctantly, Jihoo began to strum a melody on his guitar and sing along.  It was a song (music) that came to his mind often when Ilana had been apart from him and he knew she was hurting but all he could do was wait for her to come back.

Ilana had just washed up and climbed into bed with her husband, who had finished before her.  Joy was curled up on top of his stomach.  She scooted herself closer but didn't snuggle as close as she normally did.  Reaching out, she the cat, making her eyes roll back in pure bliss.  "Shameless goyangi," Ilana playfully scolded "Tonight, was nice," she said.

 - "Deh," he too scratched the cat's head, ensuring that her little motor was running.  "Na remember sitting out on my patio in New York when I heard Nana and Brendon's Spanish guitar.  It was the same night Nana came to me and told me I'd take care of her 'Niña'.

 - "That was the night they left back for California and Kike, Miami.  Nana and Brendon had come to set up my apartment."

 - "Because the princess couldn't set up her own apartment?"

Ilana narrowed her eyes at his teasing.  Sarang knows I led a sheltered life before I got on that ship."  She saw his wide grin and rolled her eyes at him.  "I can't imagine what went through your head when Nana showed up at your door."

 - "Honestly?  Nothing much at the time.  But I remembered feeling different.  I'd realize on my way back to Seoul a few weeks later, that my life was very lonely.  But that I had made it that way by isolating myself from Harabeoji and the F4 and sometimes even God.  If it weren't for you, Sarang, I'd still be lonely even if I were surrounded by people."

Ilana knew what he meant; before her friends and the hospital and most definitely before Jihoo, she too had been very lonely.  Jihoo slid the cat off and moved closer to his wife.  Ilana stopped him from getting too close.  "Mianhae, we have to be good for a few days."  She had noticed a tinge of blood when she used the restroom before coming into the room.

 - "Ah," he said understanding.  "Gwenchana?"  Last month she had begun her period in tears.

 - "Deh, I've been praying with all my heart, like Hannah did and the Lord knows we will raise our child to be at his service, just like his parents.  And Eli said, 'Go in peace and the God of Israel grant your petition you have made to him.'  Then it says in due time she was pregnant.  It's not our 'due time' yet.  I'm really busy with work and trying not to stress.  I know the doctor told me not to, but it's hard.  I want to grow our book of business at a minimal cost so that our profit margin remains high.  I don't want to be in the red, but we're going to have too.  I just want us to hold on until the last quarter.  So, when work starts to settle down and I can breathe a little easier...maybe then it will be our time."

 - "Eeliwah," he knew she wouldn't get too close.  The cat had settled in between them, and he moved her to the other side of him.  "Goyangi, mianhae, I need to get close to Umma right now."

 - "Sarang!!"  Ilana felt very uncomfortable as Jihoo brought her right up against him, entwining his legs with hers.

 - "Wae anieyo?"  He kissed the top of her head and tucked her head into his chest.

 - "Because...I... you’ll...think I'm...I'm gross."  She tried pulling away, knowing it would be useless.

Jihoo was laughing at her.  He had her trapped against him and even if she wanted to hit him or kick him for laughing she couldn't move.  "Sarang...naneun Uissa-ya (I’m a Doctor), deh?  I think I've seen gross.  Sarang is not gross."  He released her head, only to gently place little kisses all over her face.  By the time he ended at her lips, she was reluctantly smiling.  "Yippeun Sarang."  He made her lie on her back and he buried his face in her neck and began to torment her with more tickling kisses.  He moved from her neck to her chest and continued down.  He was lifting her nightgown when she stopped him.

 - "Hajima!"

 - "Ani!"  He moved her hands out of the way and began kissing her stomach.

 - "Hajima!!!"  She was so embarrassed.

 - "Sarang, choah your body wash."  It was a nice fragrance, not too overpowering.

 - "Arraso!  Hajimaaaa!!!"

Jihoo was trying to get her past her self-consciousness and began to move past her stomach down to her thighs.  He pinned one leg under him as he gave her inner thigh damp kisses all the way down to her knee, where he couldn't help but stop to tickle the back of it.

 - "Ani!  Ani!!  Hajima!!”  The tickling was unbearable, and tears leaked from her eyes due to the laugher.

 - "Is Sarang going to let me hold her close?"  She didn't immediately agree and Jihoo resumed his tickle torture.

 - "Deh!!  Deh!!  Stop!!  Juseyo!!"

Finally getting her surrender, he lay back down normally and turned her away from him.  He wrapped his arm tightly around her and wrapped his leg around hers.

 - "Sarang is happy now?"

 - "Deh.  Saranghae.  I'm proud of you.  Sarang has done very well establishing your team and giving investors a return already.  Even if it's a small one."  He jumped back to their previous conversation.

 - "Chincha?"

 - "Deh, ara it's hard work.  Na can't tell you not to stress because I did the same thing.  The summer between Shinwah HighSchool and Shinwah University I had to establish myself as the So-Am foundation heir.  Like Sarang, I had to go from a classroom setting to real life.  I put in long hours and suffered from migraines regularly.  Hajiman, if you work hard for a little while and learn to delegate, the overwhelming beginning phase doesn't last that long."

 - "Gomawo, Sarang, for telling me this.  Ara I don't need to this by myself and trust me that I do ask for advice, from Antonio, from the elders.  But everyone has a job to do and this time, leading is mine.  Choah, that they trust me with this.  It's all the Lord because I wouldn't trust me with this."

Jihoo chuckled"That's why I'm so proud of you."

 - "Sarang doesn't talk about it, hajiman are you putting your own dreams on hold for me?"

 - "Sarang, is my dream.  This is where the Lord has me; Anae, the hospital, and even Haiti are the jobs the Lord has for right now.  Would I like to spend more time with Harabeoji?  Deh.  That will come...in due time," he grinned against her cheek.

 - "In due time...Ilana closed her eyes.  The Lord will work everything out in due time."  She suddenly remembered what she wanted to tell him.  "Sarang, when I was walking before work in New York, it helped me order my day and not let things stress or overwhelm me as much.  Na have been lax in exercising, but I'm going to start getting up earlier to go for at least a twenty-minute brisk walk before work."

 - "Anae wants me to wake up early with her?"

 - "Deh?"  Ilana took his hand in hers and brought it to her lips and snuggled back against him; self-consciousness momentarily forgotten.

Jihoo kissed the back of her neck.  "Sarang is fortunate, I love her."

 - "Ara."  She yawned.  "Sarang, jalja."

 - "Jalja," she hadn't released his hand and that was perfectly acceptable to him.

Suzy was nearly asleep when she heard her husband chuckling to himself.  “Wae?”  She turned to face him.

 - “Ani, just thinking of something.”

 - “Park JungMin tell me or I’ll tickle you.”

 - “Ani!”  He took a defensive stand, ready to block her if she tried anything.

 - “Juseyo?”  She began smothering his face with kisses in between pleas.

 - “Curiosity killed the cat, isn’t that what they say?”

 - “And satisfaction brought it back.”

 - “Na…was just trying to imagine a cute little girl like anae.”

Suzy grinned, happy that he was starting to warm to the idea.  “Mmm, what about a cute little boy, like nampyon?”

 - “What about both?”  His eyes twinkled with mischief as he rubbed her arm and began kissing her softly.

 - “We don’t have twins in the family, nampyon.  It won’t happen.  If nampyon wants two at once, he can carry one.”

JungMin lay back laughing at the idea"Andwae.  That’s anae's job. Na have to make the baby."

 - “Ah, deh!  Na just lie here and do nothing while you get me pregnant,” she said sarcastically.

He was already scooting down under the bedsheet, harassing his wife, kissing her stomach while letting his hands roam further down.  “That’s something we haven’t tried…” his naughty side always took over when his wife was around.

 - "Yah!  JungMin!  I have to work tomorrow!"

 - "Call in sick!"  He continued his kisses and was working his way south, while she tried to get away.

 - "Shiro!”

 - “Chincha?”  He was using all his powers of persuasion.  He knew his wife and he was sure if he continued his assault she’d give in.

It took a few more minutes of ‘persuading’ and she was ready to give in.  “Hokshina…if we make…it quick...” she was no longer able to stop herself from succumbing to her husband’s will.

Thirty minutes later, they both lay on the verge of sleep, exhausted.  Her last thought before sleep took over was how she would kill her husband if she was aching in the morning.

 


Arraseo, my lovelies.  I really had to reign in the cheesiness on this chapter, please forgive me if it spilled over in a few parts.  Don't forget to comment!  You know who I'm talking to.  Our L.A. couple should have guests next chapter.  It just didn't fit.  This chapter's 4,000 words less than last chapter, better?