Chapter 2: Minho's Kiss

Final Answer: YES or NO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ilsan, South Korea

Whenever she spoke of her childhood, which wasnt often, Sulli always presented it as a happy time, a time when she had first formulated all of her hopes and dreams.But  in truth, beyond the occasional smile, there hadnt been much space for hopes and dreams---just the hard reality of having to work at a tender age to help her family to pay the bills and provide food to the table.She's the first of the five daughters of a former history teacher---Choi Sukjin, a loving father yet neglectful of his responsibilities as a patriach of Choi Family.After his second child was born he quit his teaching job and decided to write a book about Korean History.However his life long dream of publishing a book didnt come true due to lack of funds and many publishing house turned down his manuscript.The rejection and harsh criticism from editors,friends and realtives put Sukjin into deep depression.He turned his back on his profession as a history teacher and chose to stay at home, helping his frustrated beauty queen wife Haejo in raising livestock like chickens,hogs and goats.But raising livestock is not an easy job, a plague swept all of their animals, leaving them with nothing.At a young age of six and five years old, Haejo had put her daughters to work in a candy store with her---stacking shelves, running deliveries and mopping the floor.Sukjin remained at home, he took care of four year old Suzy,three year old Hara and one year old IU.For several years, it was just Haejo, Sulli and Soojung, working hard and struggling to make ends meet.

It was an unusual childhood for the two older girls.Whenever Sulli and Soojung wasnt in school, they were in the store, helping their mother.And while their friends at the neighborhood went out and played with other kids on the weekends or met boys or even just stayed at home watching television, the girls was stuck inside the store,making a living.Since they came from a poor family, the Choi Siblings had been a target of bullying from elementary to highschool.Sulli, the eldest daughter of Sukjin and Haejo, became the girls savior and defender against the rich spoiled bullies  from their school.She is distinguished by her strong personality and wit.Soojung the second daughter, is the sweetest and most vulnerable among the five girls. Sulli sometimes felt as if she were Soojung's baby-sitter, which had caused problems between them most the time.The two of them were completely opposite, like sugar and spice, hot and cold, north and south.Suzy and Hara are both studious and aspires to become members of a girl group someday, the youngest IU is the playful and flirtatious among the five girls.

Sulli had known Lee Joon since she was thirteen.They were in the same class at grade school and high school, but their friendship only really grown after Joon's father passed away.Since Sulli lived on the same block, Joon would dropped by the Choi's house whenever loneliness is killing him.They would do their homework together and sometimes help the girls at the candy store.Eventually, Sulli developed feelings for him but chose to hide it, she only confessed her feelings for Joon to Soojung.Her sister doesnt like Joon from the start and had been very vocal about it.Sulli continued her special friendship to Joon despite Soojung's strong opposition. The eve before Joon joined the army,he gave her a ring.He said the ring symbolized their solid friendship and he was thankful to have met a trusted friend like her.Sulli was on the brink of confessing her feelings to him but held herself and decided to wait until he finished his military service.

 

 

Lee Mansion

"I'm so--"her apology stucked inside when her eyes rested to the man's face.

Choi Minho of all people!

"Damn!"he muttered angrily.

Sulli took a deep calming breath and looked at him.She had never liked Choi Minho from the very first time he and Taemin set foot on their house.He was haile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter