Chapter 1: Birthday Party

Final Answer: YES or NO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ilsan, South Korea

Sulli lay sprawled across her bed, her head bursting with romantic dreams as she gazed at Lee Joon's picture.She imagined herself and Joon, standing in the balcony of a glorious palace, waving to the cheering crowds below, imitating Prince Charles and Princess Diana's 1981royal wedding.

Sulli sighed."I'll bet Joon is the most handsome groom in the world"she thought.She rubbed her fingertip over the ruby stone of the ring that Joon gave to her the night before he joined the army.The surface felt warm and smooth.It was the most beautiful ring she'd ever seen.Two weeks to go, and she will see Joon again after serving the air force for more than two years.Maybe when Soojung saw him again, she'd finally realize what a sweet, considerate guy Joon really was.

After thirty minutes,Soojung breezed into the room barefooted.A happy expression written all over her face,she began dancing, swirling all over the room as if she's in a lush green garden with colorful flowers, fresh air and tall trees.

Sulli was sitting on the bed, silently reading a book."Do you mind, Soojung?"she grumbled without looking.

Soojung plopped down on the bed, undaunted by her older sister's response.Sulli was always cranky at first when anyone disturbed her reading.

"Notice anything different about me?"Soojung asked with an exaggerated, teasing drawl.

Sulli snapped the book shut and looked at her sister."Can't you see I'm busy?"

Soojung giggled and draped her arm gracefully, showing off a Chanel Diamond Bracelet."I think my wrist looks especially awesome this evening, dont you?"

Sulli barely glanced at it.

Soojung flashed a wide smile and stretched her arm out in front  of her, the bits of diamonds gleaming on her wrist."Taemin gave it to me this evening"she said proudly .

"It's nice"she said flatly."Mine is way more awesome"she thought and looked at her ring.

Soojung bolted upright and glared at her sister."Nice is when a guy gave you flowers or a CD.This bracelet is totally awesome"

Sulli gave her a sarcastic smile."Awesome huh?are you really sure Taemin bought that for you?or he just stole it from Mrs Lee's jewelry box"

Soojung rolled her eyes.'"Stole?that is a very very unfair and harsh accusation Miss Choi.FYI Lee Taemin bought this bracelet using his own money"

She arch her eyebrow."His own money or people's money that Mayor Lee gave to him?I read a news article yesterday stating that a group of farmer's filed a lawsuit against our mayor for malversation of public funds.And I heard some of his subordinates and family members connived with him.I'm not surprise if your boyfriend is one of them"she said candidly

Soojung felt her heart sink, her sister's allegation against Taemin hurt her the most.All of the sudden, without any warning, she burst into tears.

Sulli gasped a quick,startled breath."Ya,Choi Soojung, why are crying?"she asked, putting her arms around her sister.

She removed Sulli's arms and shot daggers at her."You're so mean and so judgemental!what do you have against Taemin?Is it because he was born rich?he loves me and his family accepted me despite the fact that I came from a poor family"she sobbed.

"Look, I dont have anything against Taemin,I think he's a nice man but society doesnt agree with rich man poor woman love story.Maybe you're not aware but you've been the talk of the town ever since you went out with him.People were spreading nasty rumors against you,some says you're after his money other says our mother intentionally pimp you to date him because our father wanted to have a position in the mayor's office"she sighed wearily."And those rumors came from Taemin's rich friends.Soojung, rich and snob people still prefer they're own kind"

Totally baffled by what she was hearing, Soojung leaned back and looked at her sister in the eye."He's going to ask me to marry him on his birthday next week"she sniffed noisly."I need a tissue"she muttered, scooting off the bed.

Sulli shook her head."Oh no, your too young to get married"her sister just turned twenty one last month.

Soojung took the tissue box from the de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter