Chapter 13: Haunted Dreams

Final Answer: YES or NO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Peanut!"

Thirteen year old Choi Minho excitedly crept upstairs in search for his bestfriend.He peered into the hallway, wide smile flashing on his lips."Peanut!I have a surprise for you!"he called while waving the paper bag filled with donuts---Peanut's favorite food.

Minho called again for the third time but no Peanut came out.He began to worry when he didnt find him on his room.

"Where are you?"he wiped the single tear that spilled down his cheek.

"Peanut!!!!"his voice echoed across the mansion as he desperately search for his bestfriend.

Mr Kim,Chairman Choi Minseong's kind butler appeared from the dirty kitchen."Master Minho, are you looking for your dog?"

Minho nodded."Have you seen him?"

Mr Kim sadly stared at him."Peanut died yesterday"

He stepped backward as if the dreaded shocking news exploded like a bomb in front of him.Denial and disbelief were written all over his face.

"No....no...not Peanut!!!"Minho started to cry hysterically "Why him?!why him?tell me why him?"

Mr Kim tried to hold him but he shoved his hand."Master, I tried persuading Chairman to take Peanut to the vet clinic but he refused"

Minho felt as if  all of his energy were drain out of his body.He slumped down on the floor, buckets of painful tears continously rolls down his cheeks."How...how am I supposed to live without him?"he said in between sobs.Peanut was more than a pet for him, he was his bestfriend,his family and his balm from all of the pain,misery and cruelty he's been experiencing.Peanut brought joy into his lonely life and it hurts like hell that he wasnt there when he passed away.

Over the living room, the gramaphone was playing a classic Michael Jackson song "Ben"

ben,the two of us no need look no more...

we both found what we were looking for.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter