Chapter 7: Minho's Pain

Final Answer: YES or NO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Busan, South Korea

Twelve Years Ago...

Thirteen year old Minho headed over to the Choi Mansion, a feeling of happiness rising inside him.He couldnt wait to see Peanut again after spending the whole summer in Jeju.Presuming he'd find him in his room, he rushed upstairs.But as he passed the hallway, he saw Lee Joon  moving with caution as he opened the door and stepped into the study room.

Minho stopped in his tracks and frowned.He was wondering why a servant son will go inside the study room of Choi Minseong, his grandfather--a tyrant ruler of Choi Mansion and Choi Empire.Powerful,ruthless, greedy and heartless.He worshipped money and power more than anything else in this world.Minho feared him so much due to his cruelty.From the outside, their family must have seemed perfect.Minseong and his father Minsik never scolded or insulted him in public.They showed a fake facade of a loving and affectionate grandfather and father to him.But behind closed door,Minsik was cold and distant to his son and never cared for him.The old man on the other hand, had a different way of treating his grandson.The first time he had a taste of Minseong's darker side was five years ago.It was mid summer and nine year old Minho accidentally bumped into a priceless vase--it broke into pieces.The old man saw everything and dragged him forcefully into the study room.Minho didnt see the blow before it struck him.The old man's hand and cane seemed to come out of nowhere, swiping his face and knocking him over onto the couch.He didnt scream or cry.The shock of the strong blow left him vaguedly paralyzed, both his mind and body---rather than being outraged that his grandfather could find it in him to actually hit his grandson---he found himself absentmindedly clutching his jaw and thought that it's Minseong's way of showing his love for him.A child that was deprived with love and affection seeked attention through achievements and physical abuse.Over the past years this became part of his routine: trying his damned best to please Minsik and dealing with Minseong's iron hand.The miserable life changed Minho's once cheerful attitude, he became self absorbed, cocky and selfish.

Out of curiosity, Minho inched open the door and spied on Joon through the crack.He was standing behind Minseong's desk.Joon's gaze was fixed on something he held in his hands.Minho's jaw dropped as he recognized the object in his hands.It was the gold watch of his grandfather.For a moment he was too stunned to move or to utter a sound.Then, he burst into the room unceremoniously to Joon's shock.

"M-master M-Minho I-I didnt..."Joon's face turned pale.

"Who do you think you are?going through my grandfather's personal things to steal his precious gold watch!"Minho fumed as he yanked the watch out of Joon's hand.

"You're a thief!"he accused."I will report this to Chairman"referring to Minseok.

Joon stepped forward,shaking and frightened."Master, i'm begging you, please dont tell this Chairman.I swear to God, i will never steal again"Joon said in a trembling voice

Minho folded his arms, glaring at him.He was torn between reporting Joon's crime to his grandfather or just let it pass

"Chairman will beat him to death and his father if he leaned that a servant's son attempts to steal his watch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter