Chapter 19: Painful Goodbye

Final Answer: YES or NO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ilsan, South Korea

Sulli stood on the street for a few moments, staring blankly into space,stunned by what had just happened.There had been a moment, in the middle of it all,when she had felt like laughing instead of crying:it had all taken place so quickly---first,the confusion over Minho's sudden behavioral transformation,from a happy celebrant to a broken man,then the confession,her love confession which he rejected,then the painful goodbye---it surely be some sort of prank she thought.But now,as she looked at her current state for confirmation of the joke,there was nothing funny about it,as a matter of fact the painful squeezing in her heart started to grow as realization hit her hard.

Slowly, as the shock of what had just happened wore off, she was filled with helplessness and desperation.Turning her back on the street,Sulli slopped her way into the lobby of Minho's penthouse building.Despite having a broken heart,she decided to wait for him.She was determined to fight for her love and to never give up.

Squelching her way through the living room,she heard her phone ringing from the study room.She saw Soojung's name on the screen of her iPhone.

With a frown on her forehead,she answered it.

"Soojung,why are you crying?"she asked as she heard her sister's faint soft sobbing on the other line.

"Sulli,you need to come home right now.Ten armed police officers barged in our house and arrested appa for pyramid scam.Our angry neighbors pointed him as the master mind of the scheme and they wanted their money back and threatened to file lawsuit"

Sulli felt as though all of her energy were drained out of her body as she found herself leaning against the wall.

"It cant be...they arrested a wrong person"her voice was so weak,tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Uncle Hyungdon is nowhere to be found"Soojung said with the same weak voice as her."I'm fearing for appa's life,those heartless police officers kicked him several times before dragging him out of our house.Our neighbors started throwing rocks at him and they even spitted Omma,calling her horrible names and threatening to kill us all if we refused to leave Ilsan tonight"

Soojung's statement was enough for Sulli to run out of penthouse to be with her family in what she thought the hardest time of their lives.

 

 

Busan,South Korea

Minho sat at the edge of his bed and stared at the two rolling suitcases on the floor.After walking aimlessly in the street of Ilsan three hours ago,he came up with great decision of leaving his heartless father,his millions and his power.He decided to leave everything behind for Sulli.He will leave everything for the one and only person who brought him home.He is now ready to take a risk of crossing the prohibited zone despite the imminent fear that he created through out the years.

As soon as he stood up to pick up the two suitcases,the door suddenly opened and Mr Kim burst in with a worried expression on his face.

"Master Minho,I have bad news for you"

He frowned."What is it?"

Mr Kim cleared his throat."Miss Choi Sulli's father was arrested for pyramid  scam and was taken to police station four hours ago and ..."he left the sentence hanging on an odd inflection and Minho knew excatly what he was going to say.

"Mr President had something to do with it am I right?"he said through gritted teeth

Mr Kim nodded in confirmation.

His face grew paler and his hands clenched into fists as Mr Kim shared with him the information that Minsik's right hand shared with him.It turned out, Minsik plotted everything,he paid Hyungdon a large amount of money to convince Sukjin to join his illegal business.His father also bribed the angry neighbors with money to file lawsuit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter