Chapter 3: Sulli's Surprise

Final Answer: YES or NO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Busan, South Korea

One Week Ago...

Choi Mansion

When Minho stepped into Minsik's study room, he found his father sitting on his chair, behind his desk,holding the proposal documents he gave to him yesterday.

"Is this how you work at my company?!"Minsik barked as Minho entered the room."Rubbish!"he tossed the documents and slammed his palm on the table.

Minho picked up the documents on the floor and walked calmly to one of the guest chairs, on the other side of the desk."This rubbish proposal had already approved by the board Mr.President"he proudly raised it."And I work my off for months to convince Thompson's Company to merge with us" 

"I dont give a damn even if it's approved by the board.I wont sign your garbage proposal"Minsik said acidly.

Realizing his father probably wouldnt listen to his explanation, Minho stood up wearing a defeated look and droopy shoulders.

Minsik stretched out in the chair and fixed Minho with his piercing eyes."I've had a long conversation with Lady Kim this morning.She wanted you to become Hyuna's future husband.As we all know, Lady Kim is the wealthiest woman in Seoul,your marriage to her daughter will attract more investor to our company and she promise to give you their multi hectare land once you married Hyuna.We already set the date of your wedding.Lady Kim will hold a press conference at Shilla Hotel tomorrow  to announce your engagement to her daughter.I want you to be there"

Minho clenched his fists at his side, frustrated and angry by Minsik's intervention to his personal life.

"I wont marry Kim Hyuna Mr President and you cant force me!"he strongly refused.

Minsik's expression remained stern, although he was quite surprise by his objection.For the first time, Minho opposed him.

"What have you got against Lady Kim's only daughter?Most men would welcome her as their wife and you must be thankful"he stared at Minho with dislike.

Minho felt as if the walls of the study room were closing in on him as he paced back and forth like a cage animal"Mr President, I have never shirked my responsibilty to the Choi's name"he argued."But you're asking me to give up my entire future..."he sighed wearily."I'm not ready to tie the knot"

Minsik waved his hand as if to erase Minho's words."You owe me your life and it is your obligation to follow my command.The time has come for you to take on a man's responsibilities and to pay me for your mother's death"he said the last word with bitterness in his voice.

Minho felt a sharp stabbing pain in his heart.Minsik's wife died while giving birth to him.And for the past twenty five years,there wasnt a day that he never upbraid Minho  for his existence.Minsik despise his son from the very first time he laid eyes on him, he prohibited Minho to call him "appa" and ordered his son to adress him as Mr.President .All his life, Minho hungered for his father's love, and affection.He tried everything to please his father and to catch his attention.He excelled in everything, from being a consistent honor student to a champion swimmer and a racer.He was a winner through and through.But inspite of the many achievements he had received, Minsik never even bothered to care.Minho grew up not knowing the real meaning of love and the feeling of being loved.The lack of affection from his father made him afraid to take a risk in love.

"Marriage won't end you life"Minsik said after a long silence.

Minho gazed beyond to the three bay windows that looked over the back of the mansion.In the distance he could see endless sea shore and blue ocean.

"I've met someone...a beautiful girl, with a sharp mind and a kind heart"Minho took a deep breath.He decided to lie and make a story so his father wont force him to marry Hyuna."And I'm in love with her"

Minsik's eyes narrowed."You cant be serious!"he uttered.

"I love my girlfriend and she's the one that I want to marry"he looked at his father with desperation.

Minsik shook his head."No"he said."I am ordering you to end your relationship to that woman as soon as possible.You are in a position to secure our company a valuable business alliance.There is so much at stake here"

Minho clenched his jaw."You have no right to this to me!"he protested.

His father pinned him with a sharp look."Just as you didnt have the right to be born!"

He felt as if someone punch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter