Chapter 21: The Ending

Final Answer: YES or NO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Paris France

Three Days Ago...

Taemin walked slowly towards Naeun's grave.When he reached her resting place,memories suddenly rushed through his mind as he recalled the unforgettable time they'd spent traveling through Brussels,the things they'd said to each other...the flutter in his heart just before his lips would touch hers...

A feeling of sadness welled up in Taemin's throat.Tears streamed down his cheeks as he dropped down on his knees and placed a bunch of white roses over her grave.In December 2011,Son Naeun---young, beautiful and was diagnosed with lung cancer that she got from genetic factors and second-hand smoke.Instantly he began learning definitions to words he had never heard before.Metastasize---as the Pulmonary Doctors said to him---intransitive---to spread in the body from the site of the original tumor by means of tiny cells transported by the blood.And that's the worst.Once cancer travels,it often cant be stopped.She was in the stage four of four stages of the disease.She fought really hard and he never left her side till her last breath.

Naeun's death was so painful...very painful that Taemin thought someone all of his breath out of his body.He cried almost everyday for the past two years,her death left a huge hole in his heart.A space that through time grows, shrinks and deepens.He thought he will never recover from devastation until Soojung came into his life unexpectedly.She was like an angel in disguise as she brought his once dead heart back to life again.

However, moving on from a painful past wasnt easy, he realized as Naeun's memories kept haunting his night almost every night.Being with Soojung was a dream come true and he couldnt ask for more.Unfortunately, he committed a huge mistake before eloping with Soojung----he forgot to let go of Naeun's memories.And he knew, the only way to free his mind and heart from his deceased girlfriend was to ask for her blessing.

"Mon ange, you know how much I love you.You have been my steady rock,my bestfriend and my everything.Before, I find it hard to understand why of all people, God has chosen you to be with him in heaven.But now, I finally found the answer, he took you away from me to be my guiding star and my protector against adversities in life.I know, you're always there, looking over me, keeping me safe.When you were sick you told me that when the right woman comes to help me in life,I ought to be happy again.And I am indeed happy again for I have found the right one.I came here to ask for your blessing Mon ange,please give me my freedom to love again"

A sudden cold breeze passed through him and pink petals started falling down from a flowering tree.Taemin smiled,he knew it was Naeun---she finally gave him the freedom to love Soojung completely without looking back at the past.

He stood up and looked above the blue cloudless sky."Thank you Mon ange,you will always be in my heart"

He wiped the last tear drops across his damp cheeks and began walking along the grassy path toward the cemetary iron gate.

They say every cloud has a silver lining.For Lee Taemin,he found his silver lining through Soojung.She came into his life during the darkest period of his life and he couldnt wait to get home and see her again.

 

 

Seoul Hotel

Gathering all her courage,Sulli headed to the ballroom with her head held high.All eyes were fixed on her the moment she entered the ballroom with Victoria and Nick Khun by her side.She smiled as the jazz band started playing the classic song "Something Stupid".She suddenly remembered the day she confessed her feelings for Minho.

i know i stand in line...

until you think you have the time...

to spend an evening with me...

and if we go someplace to dance....

you wont be leaving with me...

then afterwards we drop into a quiet little place...

and have a drink or two...

and then i go and spoil it all...

by saying something stupid...

like i love you...

As she followed Victoria and Nick to their designated table,Sulli caught sight of the hottest guy she'd ever seen in her entire life,looking dapper in black tuxedo while walking to the small stage with Kim Hyuna,behind them were Choi Minsik and Lady Kim.For a moment,her world stopped revolving as her eyes locked into Minho.She could see the sadness in his eyes and her heart bleed for him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter