W a i t

᠅ | Our Never-To-Be Love | ᠅

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

The tap dripped in a melancholy rhythm. The pot of water bubbled mildly. The raw vegetables stood awkwardly in a huddle. The clock ticked. Children outside distantly screamed in delight. Kim Kyuni stared at her mother.

She was not happy.

"What do you mean?" Her voice sounded hollow to her own ears.

Kim Yung Hee nervously twisted her hands together under the table and fumbled for the right explanation through her head while her daughter wore her 'I'm-not-going-to-forgive-you' look.

"Let me explain, darling," She said.

Yung Hee paused.

"I was coming home from work, so I went to the Park's coffee shop - the one in the corner, you know? I ordered my coffee and I opened my wallet to pay, only it dropped to the ground. This woman picked it up for me and the picture of you inside - she saw it. She said she was looking for a girl to be with her son and that you looked perfect for him. She showed me a picture of him and said he was from a famous band and at first I thought everything was a hoax, naturally, but then she took me to a table and showed me videos of him and her on her phone. She showed me childhood photos; everything - and I just couldn't not believe her. All the proof was on the table. She suggested an arranged marriage. And I agreed. I know this is much too rash and sudden, but I want the best future for you, honey."

Kyuni could only stare. She felt a million words lodged in , ready to be strung in a bow and aimed at her mother's harebrain. She just couldn't believe the extent of her mother's stupidity.

"How could you?" She breathed, feeling strangely blank. "How could you be so...so idiotic? How could you be so gullible?"

"Well," Her mother said uneasily. "She had proof."

"HOW COULD YOU JUST SELL ME OFF LIKE THAT?!" Kyuni yelled. "I WANT MY OWN CHOICES AND MY OWN LIFE! I DON'T WANT TO BE MARRIED AT EIGHTEEN TO SOME RANDOM PRICK AND SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE IN MISERY!"

"I didn't say you had to get married to him immediately," Yung Hee defended. "His mother and I have arranged for you two to meet first."

"What if I don't want to meet him?"

"Kyuni," Yung Hee said, tears pricking her eyes. "Can't you make umma really happy just this once?"

Kyuni couldn't stand her mother crying. It broke her heart in two, although this 'arranged marriage' was considerably worse. She pursed her lips and clawed at the side of the table semi-consciously.

"Fine," She snapped angrily. "I'll tell him to his fugly face that I won't marry him."

"Kyu!" Her mother gasped, hurt. "I want the best future for you! If you marry him, I won't have to worry when I'm gone! Not many girls get this opportunity! It's like money raining from the sky! Who wouldn't take it?"

"It's probably fake money then," Kyuni glared stubbornly, standing up suddenly to ease the pot, which had started making steamy, whiny sounds.

She slammed the lid louder than necessary onto the kitchen bench and poured a packet of pasta curls into the boiling depths. Mother and daughter didn't talk as the girl chopped the vegetables roughly and angrily and put them in a pan to make pasta sauce. The sauce turned out chunky, slightly burnt and watery after twenty minutes. Kyuni didn't care. She was fuming, unshed tears threatening to leak out of her brown eyes. Her life .

She grabbed a bowl and sent it clattering onto the table. Pouring out the pasta and sauce, she slammed the dish in front of her mother and stormed out of the kitchen and into her room. She slumped onto her bed, her black hair pooling around her shoulders.

She screamed and screamed and screamed into her pillow until she had no breath left. Then she proceeded to punch her bed frame until her knuckles were peeling and red.

She slumped back onto her back and stared at her blue ceiling. She counted to a hundred. She counted sheep.

She still couldn't figure out why her life so bad.

Mir from MBLAQ, she thought miserably.

MBLAQ...MBLAQ...MBLAQ...

MBLAQ!

Her breath caught. The five guys on the poster at the music shop. From what she saw, they were all very good-looking. That made things a little better. But then again, their personalities could be bastardly ty for all she knew.

For a moment, she was tempted to open her laptop and search up this Mir, whoever he was.

After a few seconds of intense consideration, she decided not to. Just in case she couldn't resist smashing her screen in half.

"Mir," She mumbled scornfully into her pillow. "You just wait."

 

~ ~

Author's Note:

I needa go finish homework now xD

Subscribers & Comments would be appreciated. Please <3 :'3