P a b o

᠅ | Our Never-To-Be Love | ᠅

KYUNI'S P.O.V

The moment I got home, umma came out of the kitchen and wiped her hands on her apron. There was an apprehensive and dreaded look on her face.

"How did it go?"

Without answering, I removed my shoes by the welcome mat and put on my slippers. Then I shrugged off my coat and hung it on the hanger by the door. I walked around her into the kitchen, where she followed. I squeezed the head of the soap dispenser casually and soaped my hands together. The clean scent soothed me in a mysterious way. I wiped my hands thoroughly on a towel hanging by the oven.

"Good," I finally replied.

Her face brightened, making her look several years younger.

"Really?"

I shrugged, "I guess."

"Then..." She started hopefully. "You're agreeing?"

I paused and reached up to curl a strand of my hair unconsciously, "Yeah."

Umma started laughing joyfully and gave me a gigantic hug.

"You won't regret this sweetie," She whispered in my ear, the beginning of tears forming in her eyes.

Oh god no. No crying.

I patted her back awkwardly, "I'll try not to."

"Umma's going to make your favourite dishes tonight!" She announced proudly, brandishing a wooden spoon as she let me go. "You deserve to be congratulated!"

I sighed, slumping into a chair. It was too late to get out of it now.


~

A few days later, I decided to visit MBLAQ again. I had stalked them online - their songs were actually ridiculously good. Shamefully, I had downloaded most of their pieces into my phone and iPod. I watched about a million Youtube clips about MBLAQ and got to know them personally through online profiles. I read the comments the desperate fangirls posted - and the world suddenly felt intensely surreal. Girls would kill to be in my place and here I was, sulking.

In a flash of boldness, I decided to visit. I slipped on a casual outfit, nothing too special, slapped on some eyeliner and lipgloss, combed my hair and was out the door in a matter of minutes.

Mother was at work, so I decided to leave a note, since she was coming back soon:

Umma,

I'm visiting MBLAQ. Will be back soon to make dinner.

- Kyu

Happy with the note, I taped it to the fridge and grabbed my cute polka dot shoulder bag. It was a nice day, so I decided not to wear my coat. Locking the doors carefully, I stepped out into the fresh air and hailed a cab.

To my surprise (when I climbed in), it was the same taxi driver from last time. He took one glance at me, remembered that I was the head-banging girl and sighed noisily, obviously expecting another scene.

"Where to...Miss?" He muttered sulkily.

I blushed, "_____________ _________, please."

"Thank you." I added.

I'd memorised the address, embarrassingly enough. The rest of the ride was peaceful enough, no head bangs, nada. When the apartment complex came into view, I started spazzing again. I paid the cabby with shaking fingers. He saw my nervousness and gave a gruff smile, "Good luck."

"Thanks." I got out and the cab pulled away.

Once again, I strode purposefully into the grand foyer, the butlers bowing me through and stepped into the elevator. Level sixteen lit up with a gorgeous fluroescent blue light.

Ding, went the elevator.

"Level sixteen," The nice, mechanical female voice announced.

I quickly got out and looked around. Nothing had changed.

Of course not, I laughed to myself in my head, it's only been a few days.

I stopped outside number ____. To my surprise, I could hear raised, loud voices. I hestitated, wondering if it was a good time to visit. Snatches of conversation weeviled out from the very sound proof looking door that apparently wasn't.

" - I don't want tacos - "

" We had sushi yesterday - "

" - don't want fried rice - "

" - YOU CAN'T - "

" - NO FRIED RICE - "

" - sushi and wasabi - "

" FRIED RICE - "

" - nooooooooooooo - "

" NO FRIED RICE!"

I sweatdropped. I took a breath and knocked.

The voices lowered and someone stomped grumpily to the door. It opened.

"What is i - " Joon started in a pissy voice, before seeing me. "Oh. Hi."

I waved before realizing I looked like an idiot. The hand dropped to my side and played with the metal bow on my shoulder bag.

"Come in."

I shuffled in and looked around. Mir, Thunder and Seungho were sitting at the kitchen bench (which was connected to the living room), poring over take away menus. G.O had an apron on, attempting to wash the dishes. They stopped when they saw me and coughed awkwardly.

I twisted my fingers together shyly, "Are you...ordering dinner?"

Seungho, looking dazed, answered, "Oh, uh, yeah. You can join us."

I walked over and looked at the menu. There were four and they looked worn, like they'd been used one too many times. Sushi, fried rice, taco and Chinese noodle shop.

"Do you eat this a lot?" I frowned.

Thunder grinned, shaking his hair out of his eyes, "Yeah. Every day."

"That's not good," I scolded. "It's not healthy. You need fruit in your diet and less fat."

"We eat a lot of greens," G.O pointed out, indicating the chinese noodle menu.

"Doesn't count," I replied. "The oil overrides it."

Mir looked down, "We're used to it."

Shyness disappearing, I strode to the walk in pantry and looked around. It was completely empty, apart from a shelf stacked with snacks and a bag of rice that looked about a hundred years old.

"I'll make dinner if you want," I offered.

Joon, Mir, Seungho and Thunder's face lit up like Christmas had come early.

"Really?!"

"Ne," I smiled. "But I need groceries."

"We'll buy it!" Thunder and Mir offered instantaneously.

I nodded, found a pen laying on the bench and a stray piece of paper. I wrote down all the ingredients needed for cream of mushroom soup, vegetable dumplings and sweet custard bread. I put the necessary amount of money on top of the list and handed it to Thunder.

G.O walked next to him, removed the money and gave it back to me, "Since you're cooking for us, we'll pay for the groceries."

Seungho nodded agreement from across the room.

"No, It's really okay," I insisted.

"No," G.O shook his head.

Five minutes later, I realized that trying to reason with G.O was like trying to break open a boulder with your fist. There was no way through, unless you used a bomb or dynamite.

Mir had changed into a cute slogan shirt and a jacket and he and Thunder went to shop for the ingredients. Seungho and G.O went to the television and, to my disbelief, Joon started doing push ups on the ground.

I decided to ignore that and quickly cleared the kitchen bench, which was absolutely clattered with junk. I turned to the sink and saw it was too. I turned to the ground; it was as well. I puffed my cheeks and blew out the air, causing a few stray strands to flutter wildly. After hunting around, I found some dishwashing gloves and slipped them on. I swept the floor, cleaned the sink, washed the dishes and took the garbage out. I cleaned like a wildwoman.

By the time Mir and Thunder came back, the kitchen was unrecognisable. I felt quite proud to be honest. Joon, who had done about a hundred and fifty push ups (I lost count after one fifty two) crept up behind me, his mouth falling slack.

"Wow."

MBLAQ gathered around the kitchen, equally stunned. They touched the sink and the oven like they were diamonds.

"I never knew our oven was so shiny!"

"I can see my reflection in the sink!"

"This is so cool!"

While they were admiring my handiwork, I unpacked the groceries and set to work.

While I was chopping the mushrooms and the rest had gathered again by the television, Mir walked up from behind me with a bright smile. A smile I now memorized thanks to my brief days of fangirling.

"We all want to say thank you," He started. "For making our kitchen pretty again."

I blushed and lowered my head, causing my newly highlighted hair to fall in a curtain around my face.

"It was nothing," I mumbled, losing concentration of the mushrooms.

"No, you're really -  "

I didn't get to hear what I really was. The knife edge slipped past my usually agile fingers and sliced the top of my pinky.

"AIEE!" I gasped, dropping the knife with a clatter. The television was on so loud, the others didn't realize what had happened. But Mir did.

He rushed to my side and grabbed my hand.

"Are you okay?!"

"Y-yes."

Without a word, he opened the tap and put my pinky under the freezing water. I bit my lip in pain.

Ow ow ow ow ow.

Efficiently, he took out a bandaid from a cupboard and opened it with clumsy hands. His brows furrowed in concentration as he lowered the bandaid carefully and wrapped it with a secure press against my little finger. His lips formed a small pout as he concentrated.

"Done," He said proudly, releasing my hand and giving another of his atmosphere lifting grins. I, poor, mesmerised Kyuni, blushed like an idiot and returned to cutting mushrooms.

"Kamsahamnida," I mumbled.

He turned to join the others, ruffling my hair playfully, "Be careful next time, pabo."

~ ~

Aiyooo~!! Thank you for reading!

Thank you sooo much Crystalley and Rubyandsapphire4eva for commenting and motivating me to write this chapter! This chapter is for youuuuuuuuu -

Joon: *chucks shoe at my head*

Me: FECKIN' BASTARRRRRRRRR -

The next few chapters will probably be for you guys as well <3

Please subscribe and comment (will make me very, very, very happy) ? <3

P.s (Love you, Ano)

P.P.S (Sorry for any typos or grammar mistakes)