D e s p e r a t e

᠅ | Our Never-To-Be Love | ᠅

KYUNI'S P.O.V

Mother's hair stood up in all directions and her eyes were bright and red. She nursed a cup of tea in her hands and she looked like she had a gigantic headache. I swallowed nervously and changed my shoes.


"Where were you?" She didn't sound angry. Much. Exasperation took up most of her voice.


"At MBLAQ's," I replied, setting my bag on the table and pointing at the note on the fridge. "I told you."


A strange look crossed her face.


"A few days ago you were complaining about how you were never going to meet them," She sipped her tea. "And now you're running off to their place every chance you get?"


I pursed my lips sourly, eyes darting around, "This is only the second time."


Mother sighed, "I'll let you off this time. BUT DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN. How many times do I have to tell you to TURN ON YOUR PHONE?"


"It was," I said defensively. "It ran out of battery. Sorry umma."


She shook her head and mustered up a smile, "So, how did it go today?"


An unconscious smile spread across my face. Twisting my fingers together, I looked up at the ceiling and my lower lip thoughtfully, "Okay."


"Lies," She said immediately, giving a short burst of humourous laughter. "It went much better than that, yes?"


I rolled my eyes, "Yes, O' Great Mother."


"What did you do?" Her tone turned sharper. "Nothing bad, right?"


"NO!" I blushed, trying to push away the horrible mental images. "Of course not!"


"Just making sure!" She said brightly. "A mother's duty!"


I gave a small groan at her paranoia and gave her a quick kiss on the forehead before grumbling and heading towards my bedroom.

~

BRIIING! BRIING! BRIING!


I tried to block out the noise as my mother picked up the phone. I digged my spoon into the ice cream tub and brought out a spoonful of creamy, delicious, chocolate toffee delight. I switched the channel.


"Yobeosayo - "


" - ah, yes - "


I paused at the music channel.


"And next," Announced the bubbly hostess. "We have MBLAQ's 'Stay' MV! Enjoy!"


I froze. The ice cream stared at me mournfully as it oozed down the side of the spoon and beyond.


" - still can't believe you're gone - " Cheondoong's face was devoid of emotion as he uttered his lines. He looked really...hot.

" - this is - MBLAQ - "

I sat like a stoner throughout half the MV until my mother walked through the door and tutted loudly.


I looked down, away from G.O's face - at my lap.


Chocolate toffee ice cream almost howled 'I told you so' as it continued dribbling down my pyjama bottoms. I reached for a tissue hurriedly.


"Clean it later!" Umma uttered in a strange voice. "Someone's on the phone. They want to talk to you."


Her face held some kind of weird excitement as she ushered me into the hallway. I emitted a disgruntled sound as the uncomfortable stickiness bonded with my skin.


"Yobeosayo?" I announced with a huff, picking up the phone.


A round of loud, male laughter and sly whispers.


"Kyu...ni?" A guy asked in a choked voice.


"Mis...ter?" I imitated in the same syllable tone. I looked longingly at the box of tissues across me.


"It's Mir."


I regretted my imitation, "O-oh. Hi. Yes?"


"Hi. I need to ask you something but I have to make it quick because we need to go to practice," He babbled as someone yelled behind him.


And make it quick he did. I was just able to decipher the jumble of words he threw at me.


"Two days from now?" I jotted down the address he said onto a notebook my mother had silently at me during the conversation.


"Oh...okay," I coughed shyly. "Will you be there?"


"Yes," Mir's voice was broken as he laughed at something one of the MBLAQ members said to him. "We needa go, be there okay?"


"Oka - "


Bip. Bip. Bip. Bip. Bip.


I put down the phone and stared at the notebook with a sick feeling in my stomach.


"So?" Asked umma.


"His mother wants to meet me," I replied honestly, waving the note.


"Oh, oh, that's good!" She gushed. "We'll dress our little princess up nice and beautiful!"


"No," I groaned. "Come with me!"


Her face turned serious as she set the phone back properly, "Did he say I could come?"


"No...but you're my mother, you have - "


"No," She interrupted firmly. "He said you, so you're going alone. Don't worry, our lovely Kyuni is very loveable, I'm sure his mother would like you."


I looked at her suspiciously, "You met her. What kind of person do you think she is?"


Silence.


Finally, mother gave a short, trembly, nervous half-giggle and waved her hand before bustling away. I knew that laugh. It was the You're-Going-To-Kill-Me-So-I'm-Going-To-Run-Away-First cackle. Oh joy.


I forgot about the mess on my leg. I trudged to the living room, where SS501 was taking over the television screen.


I needed more ice cream.


Desperately.


Omo omo omo, sorry for not updating in like...two weeks 3 ;~;

First I had a few days of writer's block, then a cold and then I went to Sydney...

(Everyone: Excuses excuses.

Me: It's true!!)

Mianhe mianhe !!! <3

Thank you to Crystalley, Rubyandsapphire4eva, simply_u, rinrinri and purplepanda5000! And to the new subscribers!!! <3

You guys complete my life <3

Comment and subscribe? :D

Luv, luv, luv -

Patchi <3