O k a y

᠅ | Our Never-To-Be Love | ᠅

KYUNI'S P.O.V

I ended up waiting in the living room as Mir and Joon went to change. The serious guy sitting next to me, I learnt his name was G.O. The guy next to him was Seungho and the guy who laughed was Thunder - or Cheondoong, or whatever. I had a can of soda in my hand, which was pretty much what I expected - they didn't look like the 'tea' people.

I felt terribly self-conscious. It was worse then the time when I had to play Cinderella in the school play and tripped over my velvet shoes. All I can say was that that moment scarred me for life. I'm still healing.

I decided to look around as I waited. I was expecting suits of armour and diamond chandeliers (okay, I wasn't, but close enough), but everything in the apartment seemed pretty average, unless you counted out the dozens of game consoles littered around the ground. I coudn't help but notice that the guys had an uncared for aura, judging from the dirty clothes scattered around and the dishes piled in the sink. Take away boxes were crammed tight into the garbage bin, as were unidentifiable objects.

"Are you hungry or anything?"

I blushed automatically and peered around shyly. Thunder, I think, was giving me a sweet smile.

"I - I, um, no - thank you."

He nodded and turned back to the television, which the others were apparently absorbed in. There was an echo in the corridor and the sound of doors being closed. My heart constricted tightly.

Mir and Joon emerged from behind and plopped themselves onto the couch opposite me. Joon had finally put on a shirt. Mir had put on a fresh shirt as well as a jacket. Against my inner will, I found him absolutely adorable. Perhaps finally sensing some interest, G.O switched off the television and turned towards us. Cheondoong folded his legs up indian style and looked towards me, as did Seungho.

I had that awkward feeling again.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Joon nudge Mir.

"Uh...Kyuni, right?" Mir said in a soft voice.

I tightened my lips together and nodded, "Ne."

He gave me a small smile, "I'm sorry for the trouble mother has caused you."

If he'd said this thirty minutes ago, I would've replied with a 'damn right, you bastard', but now, after actually meeting him, I felt curious at why I felt completely different.

"It's fine," I hestitated, outraged at myself.

He dipped his head in aknowledgement, and his brown bangs fell forward. My heart pumped frantically, I had a sudden urge to brush it back from his eyes.

"You know," He began in a lighter tone, laughing cutely. "You're the fifth girl umma has suggested for me."

Joon smirked at this; Thunder and Seungho laughed. G.O cracked a brief smile.

"Um, wow," I hestitated. "What happened to them?"

"Well, they were all too lowly for our little prince MirMir," Joon interjected in a high pitched voice, earning a bout of laughter from Thunder.

Mir pouted most diagreeably, "Hey, that's not true...I just didn't feel attracted to them."

"In other words, they were either too ugly, too boring, or too greedy." Joon added again.

Mir was silent, but glanced shyly at me.

"So, watcha think of her then?" Seungho asked devilishly, nodding his head towards me.

The room suddenly felt very stuffy. I was suddenly amazingly attracted to G.O's turtle slippers. I stared determinedly at them, until they shifted and G.O coughed loudly.

"I - " Mir tilted his head to one side. "I - "

I quickly interrupted before he could say anything to bruise my ego, "I'm not going to agree to this marriage."

Mir's mouth closed. There was a very long stretch of silence. Thunder like me, was suddenly absorbed with G.O's slippers.

Joon muttered something into Mir's ear and glanced at me uneasily.

"Mianhe," Mir quickly apologised. "I know this is hard on you...but, can I please ask a favour?"

I didn't say anything.

"My mother made it clear if I didn't accept the marriage this time, she would disown me," He ruffled his hair awkwardly. "So I was wondering if you could pretend for a few months."

I opened my mouth.

And closed it.

And opened it.

"She would disown you?" I muttered. That seemed harsh. Too harsh.

Mir nodded and looked down, looking guilty. No matter how bad I felt, I still couldn't agree to this. No way.

"I'm sorry - " I began.

He looked up, his eyes boring into mine.

"Please."

I froze.

I didn't know why, but that one word undid me. My eighteen year old heart melted like a snowflake in summer.

Distantly, I heard myself speak.

"Okay."

~ ~

Ellu! Thank you for reading~! *shining eyes*

No comments lately TT.TT *sob sob*

But new subscribers! THANKYOUSOMUCH <3

Comments and subscribers are my early Christmas <3 *w* Please <--- Imagine Mir saying that to you, and let yourself be drawn to the 'subscribe' button and comment box...

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!