F i a n c é e

᠅ | Our Never-To-Be Love | ᠅

ONE WEEK LATER

 

Kyuni's P.O.V

I looked at myself in the mirror. The strawberry cream coloured dress fit like a glove and the soft pink waist ribbon added that sophisticated touch. I straightened it and reached up to fluff my hair. I'd gone and put in some soft brown highlights and got it curled into lustrous waves. My eyes travelled down and rested on the flesh coloured pumps. I tapped my feet unconsciously and put another coat of gloss on my lips.

I was ready.

Grabbing my clutch purse and shrugging on my long winter coat, I quickly put on my scarf and walked out my room. The bedroom door closed with a miserable click that echoed throughout the corridor as I headed determinedly onwards. Just as I was opening the front door to let myself out, my mother came out from the kitchen and gave me a grateful smile.

"I'm so glad you're considering this, Kyu - "

I closed the door and strutted gloomily down the street. I did not want to hear anything that would make me regret my decision. I took a deep breath, resisted screaming and flung out my arm to hail a passing taxi.

The car halted in front of me and I opened the door, climbing in. I willed myself to not go back and start blubbering in my room and turned to smile at the cab driver.

"Where to, Miss?"

I took out a folded piece of paper from my paper and unfolded it.

"To __________ ___________ ___, please," I replied politely.

As the car pulled out of the familiar street, my heart started thumping unevenly. I squeezed my purse and took in a few noisy breaths, causing the cabbie to glance at me questioningly.

"I'm okay," I said out loud. My voice sounded pathetic.

From the look the cabbie was giving me, I guessed my expression was pathetic as well.

I couldn't believe this was happening. What happened to going to uni, finding the perfect boyfriend, getting married and having adorable children? I thumped my head against the passenger seat. The cab driver cleared his throat.

Why, why, why.

I punctuated each resentful thought with a head thump. I continued like this for quite some time until the annoyed man driving irritably said, "We're almost there miss."

I bolted up and clambered to look out the window. We were in a very secluded, exclusive and upper-class part of Seoul. The cars that drove past were all shiny, glamourous and branded expensively. The skyscrapers looked amazing. The lucky residents all wore very formal looking clothes that normal people wouldn't wear. I looked down at myself briefly and hoped that I would blend in.

The taxi halted.

"We're here, miss."

I snapped out of my reverie.

"...Oh, thank you."

I paid him and exited the car. I was in front of a complex set of modern apartment buildings, with gold embossed plates. I looked down at the paper again and quickly headed to the apartment block to my right. I stumbled on my heels, to my extreme mortification but hurriedly regained composure when a few middle-aged women gave me incredulous looks.

Outside of the apartment block, a butler dressed smartly in a white and blue uniform bowed to me as I shuffled meekly through the revolving doors. I nodded at him, slightly awed.

Inside, it was...amazing.

Never doubt the rich.

I stabbed at the elevator button with a bit of bitterness. It was so shiny inside the elevator it wasn't even funny. With an expression of trepidation, I pressed level sixteen.

My hyperventilation started again. I breathed in with a squeak as my legs turned to jelly. All I needed to do was march in, tell the bastard I wasn't marrying him and march back out.

Easy.

Easy.

...Right?

The doors slid open.

I walked like I was going to my death sentence. Which I sort of was, in a way.

My heart was on overdrive once I reached The Door.

I'm not going in, my devil side whispered.

I am, countered the angel.

Not.

Am.

Not.

Am.

In a sudden of determination that came out of the blue, I banged on the door. Once I realized what I'd done, I quickly withdrew my hand, terrified. I could hear footsteps. And voices. Male voices. Lots of them.

The door opened.

My breath caught.

The guy was freakin' gorgeous. His brown hair was messy and tousled, his bangs sliding into his eyes. His deep brown eyes travelled up and down my body before a small smirk graced his lips.

Most of all - he wasn't wearing a shirt. His abs were amazing.

"Oh, it's you," He stated nonchalantly. "Kim Kyuni, right?"

I nodded mutely, not questioning why he knew my name.

"Come in,"

He stood aside and I stepped in, his boyish scent filling my senses.

I shook my head, dazed and looked around. Three guys were sitting on a spacious leather couch, staring at me. Literally.

STARING.

I felt immensely self-conscious and my eyes darted around for a distraction. They rested on a guy sprawled on a different couch, sleeping. His brown hair was messy as well, falling all over his face as he slept. My heart thumped.

The guy who opened the door came back to stand next to me and I suddenly realized what I'd come for.

"You're Mir aren't you?" I asked, my shyness disappearing, as I looked at the shirtless guy.

He looked confused, "...No, I'm Joon."

I bit my lip and looked at the three guys on the couch.

"Then...it's one of you?" I asked half heartedly.

Joon looked at me like I was crazy.

"Are you serious? You don't even know who Mir is? Do you even know MBLAQ?"

"No," I retorted bluntly.

They all stared.

I returned to my wild guessing game.

"It's you, isn't it?" I estimated, looking at a serious looking guy with a blank expression.

He shook his head, "No."

"You?"

The other guy shook his head.

My eyes rested on the last guy on the couch. He looked amused. And like he was trying not to laugh.

"...Mir?"

He burst out laughing and Joon started laughing as well. The other two had smiles on their faces.

There was a rustle behind me.

The guy sleeping sat up drowsily, rubbing his eyes. His hair flopped back over his eyes cutely.

"Did someone say my name?" He yawned, before noticing me.

Joon snickered and swung an arm around my shoulders, "Hey Mir, say hello to your fiancée ."

 

~ ~

Lamest chapter ever :'(

I am terribly braindead, I'm so sorry TT.TT

But...subscribe and comment? ^-^

Thank you Crystalley, for the comments! <3