W h a t ?

᠅ | Our Never-To-Be Love | ᠅

" Kamsahamnida! "

Kim Kyuni pocketed her spare change and picked up her grocery bags. She smiled at the check out lady and waved before tottering her way out of the quaint little shop. She walked silently for a few minutes, enjoying the soft breeze and the fluffy clouds. It was a gorgeous day in Seoul and people strolled by peacefully; most carrying the casual cup of coffee, or maybe a soft drink.

Kyuni looked down and frowned at the patch of red paint on her jeans. Her mum was going to make a fuss again. She'd promised she'd use the paints carefully. She looked up again and shook her head optimistically, causing her mane of black hair to tickle her face. She smiled to herself and a few strangers double-taked curiously.

Loud, thumping music radiated from somewhere next to her. Kyuni paused and turned towards a modern looking music shop filled top to bottom with CD's and flashy posters.  

You know you want to, they seemed to say.

Kyuni shrugged, " Why not? "

She manouevered her way around a pair of gossiping old ahjummas and stopped at the window. One particular poster caught her eye. Five guys clad in black and blue stood against a strange, moody background with suspended steel bars. They were all absurdly good looking. The one with brown hair and a chained necklace sent silly little tingles up her spine, though she didn't know why.

  

The song radiating from the shop turned to something more dramatic and passionate. She liked it.

" Excuse me, what song is that? " Kyuni asked the girl at the counter nicely, shifting her hold on the grocery bags.

" 'Y', by MBLAQ. " The girl replied without looking up.

" MBLAQ, " Kyuni repeated, memorising it and liking the sound of it on the tip of her tongue. " Thanks. "

She took one more fleeting glance at the poster - and the brown haired boy, and turned, heading back home.

~

" OW! " Kyuni dropped the kitchen knife quickly and brought her bleeding finger to her lips.

She on the blood and pulled a childish face at the strange, metallic taste. She took out a bandaid from the cupboard and taped it around the cut, before raising the knife again and chopping the onions briskly. Her eyes teared up but she struggled on until the pile of round onions became a pile of unrecognisably neat small cubes.

Clink clink~!

" Welcome back umma! " Kyuni shouted over her shoulder before her mum could walk in.

" Thanks, sweetie! "

Kyuni moved on to the meat. She deftly cut off the fat from the sides and cut them into neat strips as her mother came in and shrugged off her bright yellow coat. Kim Yung Hee turned towards her daughter and her pink crystal necklace hestitantly.

" How was your day, Kyu? "

" Good, umma, " Kyuni replied, smiling a little. " I think I might get the secretary job. "

" Oh, that's good. "

Awkward pause. Kyuni sneaked a peek behind her and saw her mother humming quietly to herself, a giant smile spread across her lips.

" You seem happy, " She noted aloud.

Her mother chuckled cheerfully, " I am. "

" What is it umma? "

" I have good news, Kyuni. "

" Yeah? "

" You're now in an arranged marriage. "

. . .

" BWOH?! "

" And not just with anyone, " Her mother continued on obliviously. " With Mir from MBLAQ. "

There was a long stretch of silence, only broken by the sound of water running out of the tap. Kyuni was frozen to the spot, her mind a messy jumble.

When she spoke again, her voice shook uncontrollably.

" You said what? "

 

~ ~

Chapter one - tick ! Phew, my mind is idealess and boring so far ; - ; *SOB SOB*

Thanks for reading~! Make me feel special by clicking the 'subscribe' button or typing a comment? <3