The Bet

Young Crazy Love

 

“Sun Young?” someone said.

 

“Hmm?” You looked, “Oh, hi.”

 

Soo Hyun sat down across from you, “You read at the Library?”

 

“Yes. Is that a problem?” You rose a brow.

 

“No... It's just that.. I can't imagine you reading at the Library.” Soo Hyun softly chuckles.

 

You nod your head, “I get that a lot. Even my parents don't think I study when I do.”

 

“Interesting.”

 

“You look like you study a lot.” You examined him.

 

“Me?” Soo Hyun chuckles, “Nah. I'm not a Library, studying, nerd. I read too but.. not as much.”

 

“Uh-huh?” you say, interested. How can a person that looks really smart not be smart...?

 

“Well.” Soo Hyun stands up, “I better go before my class starts.”

 

“Oh. Bye.” You wave. “I didn't need to know that.” you mumble as you got back into your book.

 

“Hi.” someone said again.

 

“Oh, you're-...” it was a girl, “Hi.” you say nicely while smiling, “Do you need help?”

 

“Y-yes.” she says softly and shyly. “I'm a transfer student, and I don't know where to go in this Library. I'm told to go to the office but I got lost.” she explains.

 

And she comes by herself? What a nice family she has. “O-Of course I can help you. I mean, I got a lot of time on me...” you put your hand out for a shake, “Hi, I'm Hwang Sun Young.”

 

The transfer student lightly shakes your hand, “I-I'm Soyou.”

“Hi, Soyou. Let me take you to the principal's office.” You take her out of the Library and directly head for the office.

 

“So um...” Soyou says, “I heard that one of the famous school groups came to this school.”

 

“Oh, that exo thing-a-ma-jig? Yeah. They invaded our school like aliens.”

 

“So they are here.” Soyou giggled after she said that.

 

“Are they really that popular?” you mumbled. “Here we are.” you stopped as you stood in front of the door, “See ya.” you smiled before leaving.

 


“Wait!” Soyou stopped you. You turned around. “Thank you.” Soyou bowed.

 

“You're welcome... now bye!” You waved again and turned around, never looking back.

 

 

“I'm back!” Luhan yawned as he entered the familiar house.

 

“I'm back too.” You said as you walked in after him.

 

“Luhan.” Mr. Lu stopped him, “We need to talk in the living room.” he looked at you, “You too.”

 

You and Luhan looked at each other, shrugged, then followed Mr. Lu into your living room.

 

Your shoulders jumped, “Why does everyone look so serious today?” you said to yourself as you sat down next to your father, “Appa, what's happening?”

 

“Just listen.” he explained. You pouted.

 

“As you know,” Mr. Lu started talking after a while of silence, “We are moving.”

 

You and Luhan's eyes lit up as you both look at Mr. Lu.

 

“Son. Pack up. We're leaving tomorrow morning.” Mrs. Lu tells Luhan. Luhan nods.

 

“As a thank you, we give your family $1,000,000 for letting us stay at your place for a while.” They hand a briefcase of money.

 

“A-aniyo. We don't need this.” Your parents refuse.

 

“No, please take it. It's a thank you gift.” Mr. Lu smiles.

 

“I guess.” they take the briefcase. Your eyes widen.

 

“I'll be in my room if you need me.” You stand up to leave.

 

“I'll excuse myself too.” Luhan follows you into your room. Luhan closes the door and see's you stand there, “You must be very happy.”

 

You turn around and start cheering, “Yes! Finally I couldn't wait! Bye!” You wave cutely to Luhan before whooping again.

 

Luhan pouts, “Eesh. I bet you're gonna miss me.”

 

“Ew. No I won't. I never even missed you when you moved to China.”

 

“Wanna bet?” Luhan smirked.

 

You smirked, “Fine.”

 

“If I tell you I miss you first, I lose. If you tell me first, you lose.”

 

“What's the price?”

 

“The losing person will get punished by anything they think of.” Luhan nods.

 

You smirk, “Deal.”