of small eyes and big ears

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

soooooo tada! actually this was my lovely lynnbee's writing, i just helped A BIT. but i'm so sorry lynnbeeeeee i think my help only ruined your masterpiece. T^T this is real fluff i swear, so don't worry okayyyy. (i chose to post this tonight to cheer you up from your long, tiring day lynnbee but i'm sure i failed~~~~) ><

if you guys like this, praise lynnbee for the good story. but if you guys dislike this, just put your hateful comments below~~~~ ;__;

 

♫ You're the best friend

That I ever had

I've been with you such a long time

You're my sunshine

And I want you to know

That my feelings are true

I really love you

You're my best friend ♫

 

♫ You're the first one

When things turn out bad

You know I'll never be lonely

You're my only one

And I love the things

I really love the things that you do

You're my best friend ♫

 

 

 

 

The familiar sound of birds chirping to each other and the warmth of the sunrays seeping through the curtains signal the start of a new day. Baekhyun stirs in his sleep and shifts on the bed, his short legs getting tangled with the dark blue sheets. He wills his brain to not start working soon, for he wants to at least get a longer shut-eye before he has to go through his schedule for the day along with all the members of EXO-K. However, his slight movement earlier has unwantedly awoken his sleeping partner. The taller boy sleepily sits up, eyes slowly fluttering open and sandy brown hair messily sticking up to all directions. His eyelids still feel heavy, but his consciousness has started filing him up. And when he is fully awake, the first thing he does in checking the space on his left and—

“Baek, you are sleeping on my bed again,” Chanyeol sighs as he reaches out to grab his phone on the night stand which is on Baekhyun’s side, his elbow almost brushing over the vocalist’s shoulder. He spares the petite boy a glance, wondering why the hell he is on his bed after the heated argument last night. They were doing a radio show when Baekhyun continuously played with Chanyeol’s left ear, pulling and pinching it as he pleased. The rapper was okay about it at first but then the host just had to bring that topic about his big ears up for all the audiences to hear and he got all embarrassed, which resulted in him stuttering in his speech. And four years’ worth of training does not shape Park Chanyeol to be a stuttering idol, nope. So right after stepping into the dorm, Chanyeol confronted Baehyun; hence the argument and the silent war before they went to sleep. “You have your own bed, you know.”

It is funny, really, how Baekhyun barely wakes up on his own will every morning but sleep will always immediately leave him in an instant with the smallest movement Chanyeol does when they share a bed like this. So when the bed dips because Chanyeol moves, he rolls to his side and lifts his arm to wrap it around the rapper’s waist, pulling him down to lie on his back again. He wordlessly snuggles closer to Chanyeol and buries his face on the younger’s chest, his slender arm securely keeping the bigger boy in place.

Neither of them apologizes, but they know they are forgiven; because although they are two different boys, their hearts are one.

Chanyeol cannot help but chuckle at Baekhyun’s action. As much as he wants Baekhyun to have proper sleep—they slept at three last night and it is still barely seven now—, he knows it cannot happen. He himself is still pretty exhausted, to be honest, but what can he do? He has signed up for this kind of life—a life as an idol wherein you do not have full control over your time management and sometimes even your privacy. It was hard at first, Chanyeol admits, but as for now he can say that he is used to it. Sleepless nights are not much of a problem anymore, and being followed by fans whenever he goes out is not something he fears anymore.

“Our flight is still later at noon,” Baekhyun lazily rubs his cheek against the plane of Chanyeol’s chest, eyes still tightly closed. “Let me sleep a bit more.”

“We cannot. We have yet to pack our things,” Chanyeol tries to move the older’s arm on him but to no avail. Shaking his head in amusement, he leans to whisper something in Baekhyun’s ear with his oh so deep and husky voice the latter loves a lot. “Babe, hey, wake up.”

“Mmhmm, five more minutes, daddy,” Baekhyun muffles those words against his favorite chest, still showing no sign to wake up.

Letting out a deep chuckle, the rapper gently pushes his pup away from him. “Baek, baby, we are going to be late.”

“Five more minutes, daddy!” Baekhyun growls and hits his lover on the stomach. He then snuggles close to him again, though, and this time he really tightens his grip to make sure that Chanyeol will not push him away again. “I do not want to face our fans at the airport with sleepy look on my face, and I am not in the mood to wear shades today. My small eyes are ugly enough even without eyebags, so no, thanks.”

Chanyeol softens at the mention of fans because he knows how Baekhyun’s self-awareness always gets the best of him whenever it comes to that matter. The older always wants to look good and perfect, no single flaw on his appearance should be visible—but no matter how many flaws Baekhyun has, Chanyeol will still see him as the most beautiful person in this world.

He still grants Baekhyun’s wish to sleep a bit more, though.

After a few minutes of peaceful silence which feel like milliseconds to Baekhyun, the taller shakes him again. “Honey, it is five minutes already.”

The silly high-pitched voice successfully makes Baekhyun open his eyes, lips twitching into a small smile. He then tilts his chin up and sends a glare to his lover, feigning anger. “Liar! It was only a few seconds!”

A deep, soft laugh is then heard before the owner of that laugh cups the petite boy’s face, no longer able to see his cuteness. Smiling, he gives two quick pecks on the tip of the nose of the vocalist who is now trying to sleep again. “No, it has been five minutes, or should I say seven minutes now?”

When there is no significant reaction from Baekhyun, Chanyeol rolls his eyes and tries again with different trick.

“Byun Baekhyun,” the taller nudges Baekhyun’s side then leans close to his ear again. “You are going to regret if you do not wake up now.”

Baekhyun is about to decode the message hidden in that sentence when suddenly his earlobe is being nipped and kitten are attacking it. He unwantedly lets out some giggles, still not moving, but then Chanyeol just has to litter the column of his sensitive neck with butterfly kisses.

He eventually lets out a shrill, squirming his way out of Chanyeol’s arms which are trapping him on the bed. “Yeol! Haha—Really? This is what you planned? Kiss my neck until I wake up?”

Upon witnessing the challenging smirk on that pretty face, Chanyeol mutters something along the line of I got better idea and starts tickling his love’s sensitive areas, which are his pelvis and his nape. The loud squeal and laughter Baekhyun produces is enough to make Junmyeon knock on their door, saying that it is still so early in the morning to wake up the neighbors, guys.

“S—stop! Okay okay—haha—I am up! Up! See?” when the attacks do not end there, Baekhyun begins fighting back, hitting and kicking the younger which then causes both of them to burst in laughter because it has been a while since they could be this free, playing with each other without any camera restricting their every move. “Chanchan! Stop! Haha—stop—okay, stop! White flag!”

As Baekhyun lies on his back again to catch his breath, chest rising up and down and face red from all the laughing earlier, Chanyeol cannot help but gaze lovingly at the boy before him and asks himself what did I do in the past to deserve someone so beautiful like you?

Minutes pass by as no word is exchanged between the two who are now busy staring into each other’s sparkling eyes, trying to telepath their unspoken affection and love for each other. Both of them never understand why they gravitate to one another without forcing themselves to do so, but they always find themselves staying close to each other in any possible timing.

The corners of Chanyeol’s lips twitch and he swoops down to press his lips on Baekhyun’s for a proper good morning kiss. No tongue and teeth involved; it is just purely a sweet, gentle kiss on the lips. “Is my baby awake now?”

The reply comes in form of a pair of arms encircling his neck and pulling him lower to deepen the breathtaking kiss.

Neither of them says if they love one another, but they know they belong to and with each other.

 

 

“Okay. Is everyone here?” the manager of EXO-K cranes his neck to count the boys’ heads and nods to himself once the number of the boys is right. He claps his hands and gestures for everyone to start walking. “Now let’s head to the boarding gate!”

They are flying to China today for some event and also interviews. It will be their very first joint stage in a TV show with EXO-M in China, so they are all equally nervous. They know EXO-M has such a great number of fans in China, but they have no idea how the Chinese fans will react to their visit. Each of EXO-K’s members prays for only the best to happen.

“Baek!”

Baekhyun hears that honey deep voice call him, so he pauses his walk and turns his head to the taller who is pushing his way through the throng of people to get to his side. Fans are crowding them, separating EXO-K’s members from each other so he can only slow down his speed in order to wait for his giant. When Chanyeol is finally next to him, he is about to ask what the other wants when suddenly a hand wraps itself around his arm and he is dragged to catch up with the group.

“Just want to keep you safe by my side,” Chanyeol whispers in his ear in such a low voice, sending jolts of electrifying feels down his spine. The crowd seems to be closing up on them, so the rapper stands close behind Baekhyun instead, his strong arms protectively encircled around the vocalist’s tiny body. “Stay close to me, Baek, mkay?”

Feeling warm all over his chest, Baekhyun then bits his lips to stop the growing smile on his face at the cheesiness of his other half and continues walking towards the boarding gate, not giving Chanyeol a nod or whatever that symbolizes an okay. Instead, he lightly squeezes Chanyeol’s arm once in a while to show that yes, I will never stay away from you.

 

 

“Okay, guys! You all did great! We will be heading to Sina Interview tomorrow morning. Let me fix a few things first before we go back to EXO-M’s dorm,” the manager of EXO-K yells as soon as the boys are done with their recording for Happy Camp with EXO-M. A series of I am so tired and I want to sleep can be heard immediately when their manager is out to discuss something with the production team of Happy Camp. Baekhyun, who is leaning against the dusky wall playing with his fingers, just smiles at the tiled floor beneath him, realizing that no matter how much you complain, you yourself have chosen this rough path so you have no choice other than go through it. He is too deep in his thought that he does not realize that someone has taken his hands into theirs and now is drawing little circles at the back of his hands using their thumbs. “What is my baby thinking?”

The deep voice seems to bring Baekhyun back to earth and he turns to face that someone, offering a forced smile. “Nothing important.”

“Yeah yeah, and you were zoning out like that,” Chanyeol tsks and slips his arm around Baekhyun’s slim waist to pull him closer to his side. “You know you can tell me anything. My big ears are exclusively yours at any time.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter