---

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

posted this crap up because of lynnbee the goddess lol.

It is a few minutes before midnight already but the streets remain busy as ever, cars honking each other as the drivers rush up to wherever they need to be. The sidewalks are not in different condition, though; people wearing dark-colored business attire and colorful casual clothes dashing past each other, desperately wanting to take a rest before they start another day with similar routines.

Baekhyun lets out a small ah as another running boy bumps onto him hard from behind, separating him from Sehun, his childhood friend who accompanied him to go out today. He loses his balance as the result of letting go of Sehun’s hand and fear washes over him in an instant, but thankfully Sehun is quick to wrap his arm around his waist. Once they stand straight again, a small graceful smile makes its way on Baekhyun’s pretty lips. “Thank you, Sehun.”

“No problem, hyung.”

The answer is thick with sincerity but, still, Baekhyun cannot help to feel guilty. The guilt only multiplies more and more as Sehun takes his hand again in his and squeezes it a bit, telling him to resume their walk. His smile becomes lopsided and he squeezes back as they walk together, holding hands. “I will always be a problem to you, to anyone even.”

Sehun heaves out a sigh as they round a corner before Baekhyun’s house comes into view. “Stop saying that because it is not true.”

“It is,” Baekhyun persists because he knows he is a burdensome. “Stop lying because I hate it, Sehun.”

Sehun opens his mouth to argue but he silences up at the sight of a solemn Baekhyun beside him. The older boy is always like this whenever little accidents happen, he notices, and now he kind of runs out of idea about how to make Baekhyun believe that he really is not a burdensome. Helping each other is what people are supposed to do, right? And Sehun is one to believe that people help Baekhyun because they care about him, because they love him, and not just because they pity him.

And yes, Sehun loves Baekhyun.

And yes, in a romantic way.

But it is not like Baekhyun can see the love in his eyes whenever he looks at the older boy.

Once they safely arrive at Baekhyun’s front door, Sehun reluctantly lets go of the older’s warm hand. “We are here.”

“Okay. Go home safe, Sehun,” Baekhyun’s hand feels around before it touches the metal doorknob and he smiles at his little victory. “Thank you for walking me home.”

“Are you sure you can get to bed without bum—”

“Sehunnie,” there is a tone of amusement in Baekhyun’s word and the corners of his lips twitch. “This is my house and I have been living here for years, so of course I remember the arrangement of my properties inside. And besides, someone inside is ready to guide me.”

“Oh yes, you live with someone here,” Sehun is too late to realize that he sounds bitter. Not that he cares, though. He just never understands why the shorter boy chooses that boy instead of him who is way better in everything. He thinks he can make Baekhyun happier since he can do everything, unlike the boy inside Baekhyun’s small house. “Alright, then. Goodnight.”

“Night.”

And Baekhyun would have stepped back before Sehun’s lips pressed against his cheek if only he could have seen it coming. Because although he cannot see the love in Sehun’s eyes, he can feel it from his touches and he does not like it. Why? Because his heart, mind, and soul are already taken by someone else and he will only accept the love from that someone.

Baekhyun turns the doorknob to open the door and smiles widely as he hears the sound of crutches clicking the wooden floor. Not really long after tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter