---

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

so many happy things happened in my life today so here goes a cup of fluff for you guys~~~~ and lol yes lynnbee this is not a kaisoo fic.

please keep in mind that i love chanyeol too okay.

“Baek, you ready?”

“This is now or never, hyung.”

“Are you sure?”

Baekhyun inhales deeply and smiles at the sight of a familiar house he always frequented back then before he got accepted in SM. He keeps his gaze at the white colored house and feels memories start crawling back at him. He used to come to this house after school for free food years ago, he used to spend his weekends to play board games here, he used to stay over just to do his piling homework here.

He used to be happy spending time in that house.

“You know we can just go—”

“No,” Baekhyun averts his eyes to sternly look at his leader behind his shades. He does not realize that his voice has also risen up until Kyungsoo squeezes his elbow and whispers a weak calm down, hyung.

“Okay, then. It is getting dark so let’s just go inside,” Joonmyeon says and leads the way to the house, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo silently trailing behind. There is silence surrounding them soon as they reach the front door and Joonmyeon raises his eyebrows, questioning s about who will ring the bell.

“I will do it,” Baekhyun steps forward and lifts his arm to ring the bell twice. As he hears the sound of the bell, he cannot help but to think that, no, never in his life has he ever ringed the damn bell because he usually just entered the house since the door was somehow always open whenever he decided to come over.

And because he always opened the door even before Baekhyun had the chance to knock or ring the bell. Because I could sense your existence, Baekkie, Baekhyun remembers he once said that.

It does not really take long for someone to pull the door open and it turns out to be—

“Noona, annyeong,” Baekhyun politely greets, bowing his head a bit after taking off his shades and cap. Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon immediately copy his action and put on a smile. It has been ages since he last met this woman but the boy agrees that she does not age much. She still looks like him. “I hope we did not come at the wrong time.”

“Oh, no no,” Yoora shakes her head and smiles, looking pretty as ever. Her nose catches a familiar scent and she has a guess where it comes from, but she thinks that maybe her nose is just playing trick on her. “Mom is making dinner, so when you are done with your business with him, please have dinner here?”

“We would love to, noona,” Jumyeon returns the smile. “Because I do not think Baekhyun will be able to finish his business with him soon.”

If it were any other situations, Baekhyun would form a cute pout or roll his eyes. But since it is about him now, the vocalist just lowers his head and flashes a lopsided smile at the cold tiled floor beneath him.

“Come in,” Yoora steps aside to let the three guests in. However, when Baekhyun walks past her, she gets certain about something and she cannot help but bit her lower lip because— “Baekhyun, are you using the same perfume as Chanyeol’s?”

Baekhyun immediately stops in his track and, after a moment of calming his heartbeat, he turns his body to face his best friend’s older sister. “Yes, I am. I have been using it since years ago, noona.”

“I thought you had stopped it because… you know,” Yoora shrugs and releases a chuckle but Baekhyun still can find a hint of sadness in the sound. She resumes her walk to the bottom of the stairs leading up to the second floor and stops. “You will be okay up there alone, right, Baekhyun? I do not think I can stand being in that room ever again.”

“It is okay, noona,” Baekhyun offers a small smile and looks at s. “I will not be long.”

Joonmyeon and Kyungsoo just nod their heads before joining Yoora to help preparing the dinner. Just as he is about to step in the kitchen, Kyungsoo steals a glance at Baekhyun who is walking up the stairs. Stay strong, hyung.

With hesitant steps, Baekhyun finally arrives in front of a room he used to spend his precious time in. His hands tremble as he is hit with sudden flashbacks—of how he immediately ran to this room when his mom scolded him for getting a C in calculus, of how he surprised his best friend at midnight with a homemade tart because it was his birthday, of how he cried in his best friend’s arms in this room because he sprained his ankle so he could not join a hapkido tournament.

Chanyeol, my heart hurts.

He clutches the front of Chanyeol’s white Supreme hoodie he is wearing. Chanyeol was taller and bigger than him, so of course no matter how many years it has been, his clothes will fit Baekhyun’s petite figure. Even after everything that has happened, Baekhyun still has a pile of Chanyeol’s clothes in his room in EXO's dorm and he likes to sleep in it.

Why? Simply because, that way, he will feel close to Chanyeol as if the latter never left.

Taking a deep breath, Baekhyun reaches for the knob and pushes the door open. Upon taking the first step into the room, a smile creeps up onto his face as he notices that most of the things in the room have not changed a bit since he last came over which was years ago. He guesses Chanyeol’s family does not have the heart to rearrange anything and just settles on cleaning this room once in a while. He takes his time walking to the white fluffy king sized bed pressed against the wall on his left—the bed Chanyeol used to share with him whenever he stayed the night; the bed they used to have silly pillow fights on, the bed Baekhyun claimed to be his stage to sing for his best friend.

He carefully sits down on the bed, not wanting to make the cover wrinkled, and takes one of Chanyeol’s pillows into his arms. His head leans down to sniff the pillow but it no longer smells like his favorite giant. He bitterly smiles at the pillow. “Of course, Baekhyun. It has been years since he left. What do you expect?”

Memories of Chanyeol and him reappear again and he finally lets his tears fall down because the pain in his chest is too unbearable. He buries his face on the pillow in his arms and sobs quietly. Why did you leave, stupid?

After a while, Baekhyun lets go of the pillow and walks around the baby blue col

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter