language

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byun Baekhyun is screwed up.

Thanks God the signs in Incheon Airport have English words under the Korean ones or else he’d be totally lost. Yes he’s half Korean—his mother is Korean but his father is American—but he isn’t really familiar with Korean words; he cannot even form one sentence using Korean language right. Oooohh the result of being born and raised up in English-speaking country. Even his mother never uses Korean language when she talks to him.

Baekhyun skips to fix his backpack’s position on his back and drags his medium-sized luggage, walking out of the airport. Glancing at his watch, he realizes that it’s still set on US time. He sets the time to Korean time, which is midnight by now, and smiles as a memory of his twentieth birthday pops up in his mind. The Rolex watch he’s wearing right now was given to him as a birthday gift from Kris, his best friend in Harvard University.

Baekhyun is about to turn to the left—to the male restroom—when a boy suddenly bumps into him.

“I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry!” that tall stranger apologizes in Korean and Baekhyun is thankful he understands it. Baekhyun has managed to check the translation of “thank you” and “I’m sorry” on Google Translate when he was waiting for his flight earlier. The tall stranger bows and runs off to the direction of arrival terminal.

Baekhyun continues his walk until he notices that the airport is crowded even in the midnight like this. He smiles to himself, soon forgotten about going to the male restroom. So, this is how Korea is.

As Baekhyun is about to walk again, he suddenly remembers that his uncle is supposed to pick him up at the airport. He cranes his neck, scanning his surrounding to check if his uncle is there. Much to his disappointment, his uncle is nowhere in sight. Maybe he’s late.

Baekhyun pushes down the handle of his luggage and sits on top of it, head still turning left and right in case his uncle suddenly appears.

“Where is that Byun Baekhyun?! Ahjusshi said his arrival was at twelve.”

Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows at the mention of his name. Sure he doesn’t understand the sentence but there’s no way he wouldn’t know if someone, Korean or American, said his name. Looking over his left shoulder, he sees the same tall boy who bumped onto him earlier. That boy has an iPhone gripped tight in his hand and is looking around now.

Curiosity gets the best of Baekhyun so he braves himself and taps that tall boy’s shoulder. When the latter finally faces him, Baekhyun flashes him a warm smile. “Um… Ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter