sunday morning

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol’s alarm in his phone goes off at six thirty in the morning as usual. He lets out a small groan before opening one of his eyes, one hand feeling the spot next to his pillow to find the device. Once he finds it, he taps the alarm off and releases a big yawn.

It’s Sunday, he realizes as he slowly sits up on his bed, eyes fluttering close every now and then and dark brown hair perfectly sticking up to all directions. It only takes a few seconds for him to regain full consciousness and once he does, he carefully steps out of his shared room with Baekhyun, one hand rubbing sleep away from his eyes and one hand covering his yawning mouth. The singer is still in a peaceful deep slumber and Chanyeol knows better than to wake him up so early in the morning on Sunday if he still treasures his own life.

He doesn’t forget to plant a soft kiss on Baekhyun’s forehead before he’s out of the room, though.

And just like what’s been the routine in Exo-K’s dorm on Sunday morning for the past four months—credit goes to their manager who always clears up their schedules on Sunday, Chanyeol is the first one to wake up because he doesn’t want to miss any episode of Rugrats. So there he is, long limbs sprawled on the fluffy couch in the living room and one thumb pressing a particular button on the remote to flip through the channels until he finds his favorite animated television series.

Chanyeol smiles as—exactly twenty minutes after that—he hears the door of one of the rooms open. He doesn’t have to check who is the second to wake up in Sunday morning because he knows, oh he absolutely does, it’s Kyungsoo and has always been him.

“Good morning,” Kyungsoo weakly greets, still standing in front of his room’s door.

“Morning,” Chanyeol doesn’t avert his eyes from the television because Angelica is forced to be nice to Chuckie. “Did you sleep well?”

He shouldn’t have asked that, though, because it’s the same question he gives every Sunday morning and so far Kyungsoo never changes his answer. “Yes.”

Once Kyungsoo plops down on the floor with his back against Chanyeol’s couch, the taller mentally counts to sixteen and—

“Why did you leave the bed so early in the morning? It’s Sunday,” a sleepy and y Jongin with disheveled hair suddenly appears in the living room, taking the space next to Kyungsoo and placing his head on Kyungsoo’s lap. He then buries his face on the singer’s stomach and resumes his dream.

—yes, it’s still the same.

When the clock hanging on the living room wall ticks seven in the morning, Chanyeol turns his head to the direction of Junmyeon and Sehun’s room and, yes, his leader comes out not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter