miss

baekyeol random drabbles / oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

double update because i need to write this for myra. so so sorry in advance if this isn't like what you want. ><

Baekhyun unlocks his phone screen and stares at the date.

One more day. Just one more day.

His eyes then focus on his wallpaper. It's a photo of Chanyeol and him together—the taller has his hands on Baekhyun’s shoulders and poses like he’s about to bite the singer’s left shoulder while Baekhyun himself is pouting at the camera. The photo was taken before Chanyeol went to the airport to join Laws of the Jungle.

Baekhyun blows at his cream soup and locks his phone again. That communication device’s been going off non-stop since this morning, but none of the text messages is from the one he’s waiting for. Ever since the day Chanyeol left for Micronesia, the rapper’s been sending text messages to him, telling him how he’s doing. So, with the sudden stop of text message from the taller, Baekhyun can’t help but feel a bit worried.

Did something happen to Chanyeol? Did he hurt himself during filming?

Baekhyun can just text Chanyeol first to ask how he’s doing, has he eaten or not, but then Baekhyun is Baekhyun—Baekhyun isn’t the type who texts the one he likes first. He may seem like a cheerful boy or mood maker of the group, but he’s truly just an awkward, shy boy inside. No matter how he’s dying missing Chanyeol, he won’t make any effort in easing his longing for the younger.

It’s when Baekhyun dips his spoon into the cream soup and brings it to his mouth does he remember something. Chanyeol likes cream soup so much, especially the one Baekhyun makes. The older always laughs at him because what’s so good about instant cream soup, right? But then Chanyeol always replies with ‘because you made it for me’, a warm smile playing on his lips.

Baekhyun takes a deep breath as his chest tightens painfully at the memory. Biting his lower lip, he lets his eyes wander around the empty, silent dorm he’s in. Sehun and Jongin are out to sharpen their dancing skills while Junmyeon has a meeting with EXO’s manager, probably discussing about their nearing comeback. Baekhyun’s left with Kyungsoo alone and it feels so different than when he’s left with Chanyeol alone. The dorm is never quiet like this although there are only Baekhyun and Chanyeol because the latter always has something to talk about and never lets Baekhyun die in boredom.

Baekhyun feels like crying.

He doesn’t know when this all started but he often finds himself not functioning well when there’s no Chanyeol around him. He needs Chanyeol’s iron grip on his wrist to lead the way to their van, he needs Chanyeol’s whisper to wake him up in the morning, he needs Chanyeol’s hug to go through tiring days. He simply needs Chanyeol to live.

“Hyung, I’m going to Grill5taco. Are you coming?” Kyungsoo asks as he steps out of his room, putting his watch on his wrist.

Thinking that the longer he stays at the dorm, the more he misses Chanyeol, Baekhyun nods his head. “Let me go get a jacket.”

Baekhyun swears it’s not his intention but then he grabs Chanyeol’s jacket on his bed and wears it. The jacket is on his bed, unwashed, because Chanyeol took it off there the day they last played Monopoly together which happened to be a week ago. He zips it all the way to the neck and take a sniff, taking much of Chanyeol’s scent in. His eyes sting.

“Miss him this much?” Kyungsoo inquires, face showing clear amusement, as Baekhyun’s busy tying his shoes up in the living room. “What if Chanyeol hyung is a Tarzan when he returns? Oh right, Tarchan. A Tarchan with long, disgusting hair, dark skin—”

“Shut up,” Baekhyun throws the hood up to cover his head. He doesn’t want to imagine his stupid giant in a condition Kyungsoo has just explained. “Let’s go.”

They choose to walk instead of taking bus, and Baekhyun’s hit with melancholy as he remembers his night dates with Chanyeol. Baekhyun’s never separated from Chanyeol because the taller always has his arm protectively around his waist or a tight grip on his hand. Right now, Baekhyun is a few steps behind Kyungsoo because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter