5

The New Girl

Nana's P.O.V

I woke up and my head was throbbing. I groaned loudly and sat up slowly. Lizzy was lying next to me under the covers. I checked the time and it was 3pm.

"Lizzy.." I gently poked Lizzy's head.

She opened her eyes and looked over at me. "Unnie.. My head won't stop hurting.."

Just then, a very hungover E-Young and Jung-Ah came in. Kaeun was nowhere to be seen.

"You two were so loud last night.." Jung-Ah mumbled.

"What do you mean?" I asked, sitting up and pulling the covers around myself which made Lizzy squeal and shuffle closer to me.

"You were really going at it." E-Young said.

"You mean we.." Lizzy started.

Jung-Ah nodded. "You were both so drunk, I don't think you even knew what you were doing."

Lizzy looked up at me worriedly and I pulled her into a hug. "It'll be okay Lizzy.."

"Jinah unnie.. I'm going to get in so much trouble if my parents find out.." Lizzy said, sniffling.

"We're both girls, nothing bad could have happened." I said. "So they'll never find out."

"I've heard stories though.. Of girls getting pregnant from other girls." E-Young mumbled.

"You're making her feel worse.." I growled at E-Young as Lizzy started to cry.

"Jinah unnie.." She sobbed.

"It's okay.. I'm here.." I said, hugging her tightly.

"We'll start clearing up the mess from the party.." Jung-Ah said quietly, then she left with E-Young.

"Unnie.. What happens if those things that E-Young heard happens to me?" Lizzy asked, looking up at me.

"It won't.. But if you really want to see, take a pregnancy test in a few days." I said. "We should probably help clear up.."

She nodded and we got dressed and went down to help the others. When we got there, Jung-Ah and E-Young had already done a lot of the work.

"We put all the sleeping people outside." E-Young said proudly.

"..Idiot. They'll catch a cold if you leave them out there." I said, glaring at her.

She frowned. "S-Sorry unnie.. I'll put them in the attic instead..."

"No need." I said, looking out of the window. "They're waking up anyway.. Also can I ask what happened to Kaeun?"

"She fell asleep in the bath. Originally we were all in your wardrobe, but then you came in and started doing.. that.. And we went to the bath instead." Jung-Ah said.

I heard a small sob from behind me.

"Lizzy.." I sighed.

"I wish people would stop talking about it!" She yelled, then she ran off upstairs.

I looked over at Jung-Ah and frowned.

"I'm sorry Nana." She said.

"It's okay.." I mumbled. "Let's just leave her alone and finish cleaning up.."

For the rest of the afternoon we kept cleaning the house and Kaeun joined us for the last few minutes. We spent the evening watching films together, but we heard nothing from Lizzy. I started to get worried so I went up to check on her.

 

"Lizzy?" I opened the door to my room and looked around. She was lying on the bed staring up at the ceiling.

"Go away.." She mumbled.

"Are you okay?" I slowly approached her.

"I said go away, Jinah." She sat up slowly and glared at me.

"Tell me what's wrong." I said. "I'm not leaving until you tell me." I sat down on the edge of the bed.

"..I'm worried." She said.

"You won't be pregnant.. I promise.." I sighed. "I'm a girl. You can check if you want to."

She shook her head. "It's fine.. But we don't exactly know.. I'm worried about how my parents will react..."

"You can stay here for a while if you like. I live here on my own, my parents moved to Australia and left me the house." I said.

"I think staying here would be for the best.. But I need stuff from home." She said.

"I can get it for you. Tell me your address and I'll get you the stuff you want." I said.

Ten minutes later I was stood in the garage with my motorbike with Lizzy stood next to me telling me directions and what to get.

"My parents are out of town for a while, they left last night. Take my keys." She said, handing me her house keys.

"I'll be back soon." I said, kissing her softly, then I got on the bike and drove to Lizzy's house.