16

The New Girl

Nana's P.O.V

I woke up some time during the afternoon to hear a lot of noise coming up the stairs. I saw E-Young and Kaeun walk past.

"Maknaes! Where have you been?!" I yelled.

"Busan!" E-Young said.

"BUSAN?!" Another voice yelled.

"Busan!" Kaeun squealed, then they went to their room.

Suddenly, Lizzy ran in. "Who was in Busan?!"

"E-Young and Kaeun.. Why?" I asked, looking at her sleepily.

"I'm from Busan!" Lizzy said.

"..I thought you had an accent.." I mumbled.

"I lived in Busan all my life.. Apart from when I moved here, obviously. I miss it there, it was quieter than here.." Lizzy said, sighing.

There was a small silence, then I heard that Lizzy was crying.

"Don't cry.. It's okay.. When school is over we can go there together.." I said, crawling over to her and I hugged her tightly.

"I.. I m-miss it so much.." She said, sniffling.

I her hair gently. "I promise I'll take you there.."

Just then, Kahi, Jung-Ah, E-Young and Kaeun all came in.

"Nana unnie, did you make Lizzy cry?" Kaeun asked.

"No." I said.

"What's wrong Lizzy?" E-Young asked.

"I don't want to talk about it.." Lizzy mumbled.

"We're going shopping Lizzy, do you want anything?" Jung-Ah asked.

Lizzy shook her head. Jung-Ah and Kahi left.

"We should go unpack." Kaeun said, then she left with E-Young.

Lizzy curled up close to me. "Unnie.. I want to go to Busan now.."

"We can't go now.." I said.

"Yes we can. Get dressed unnie, we're going to Busan." She said.

10 minutes later, I was dressed and Lizzy had dragged me into the garage.

"..We can't go on the bike." I said. "You won't fit."

"Yes I will." She said. "Now get on."

I sighed and slowly got onto my motorbike and Lizzy managed to fit on the back. Just as I was about to leave E-Young came in.

"Unnies! Where are you going?" She asked.

"Busan." Lizzy said.

"Oh.. Okay.. I'll tell Kahi and Jung-Ah.. Be back in time for school." Said E-Young, then she left.

"..Lizzy, wear a helmet." I said, handing her the helmet.

"But shouldn't you wear one?" She asked.

"I only have one. I'll be fine." I said.

Lizzy put the helmet on then I began to drive the long journey to Busan.

 

Jung-Ah's P.O.V

"I think that we should attack Nana with bananas." I said as I walked into the house with Kahi.

"Did you even get any-"

"UNNIES!" E-Young yelled and she ran down the stairs and almost fell.

"..What's up?" I asked.

"Nana unnie and Lizzy unnie went to Busan and I'm worried they won't be back in time for school!" E-Young said.

"..How are they getting there?" Kahi asked.

"They're on Nana unnie's motorbike." E-Young said.

"They'll never make it back for school.. And the agency that's interested will be at school tomorrow.. We need to find them." Kahi said, then she went back out to the car.

"Kaeun we're leaving!" E-Young yelled. I heard another person running down the stairs, then we all got in the car and Kahi sped to the motorway where we started to look for Nana and Lizzy.

"You can't miss Lizzy.. She's really flabby now." Kaeun said, causing Jung-Ah to snort.

We saw a few people on motorbikes but none of them was Nana and Lizzy. Somehow the traffic started to back up and we came to a stop. The traffic update came on.

"Traffic is slow tonight on the motorway to Busan from Seoul because of a serious accident with two young girls on a bike. One of them is in a critical position but the other seems to be okay. The police are looking for someone who knows anything about them."

Everyone looked at each other.

"..We have to go." Kahi said quietly.

We all got out of the car and started to sprint through the traffic until we found the scene of the accident. We could see the motorbike on the floor, then we saw Lizzy sat on the floor crying and Nana was lying unconscious surrounded by paramedics.

"Lizzy!" I yelled.

She looked up and ran towards us. "Th..They said she m-might die.." Then she broke down in tears again and we all hugged her close.

"She'll get through this.. Nana is strong.." Kaeun said.

The police came over and began to ask if we knew them. Kahi nodded.

"I am their teacher." Said Kahi.

The police asked Kahi for information about Lizzy and Nana. Kahi answered most of the questions.

"Do you know who their parents are?" The policeman asked.

Kahi shook her head. "I've never met them before. Jinah's parents live in Australia."

Lizzy spoke up. "Y-You can t-talk to m-my parents.. On the phone.." She held her phone up and the policeman nodded. She dialled a number and handed it to the policeman.

A few hours later..

After the accident was cleared up and traffic began to move, we got back in the car and drove to the hospital where Nana and Lizzy were. Lizzy had been updating us and we now knew that Nana was in a stable condition but wouldn't wake up for a while. We parked the car and went into the hospital and waited outside the room where Nana was being kept. Lizzy was inside there too so we let them be alone for a while.

 

Lizzy's P.O.V

"Don't leave me Jinah unnie.." I sobbed, holding her hand.  She looked lifeless but she was hooked up to many machines that were keeping her alive. I kept talking to her in hope she'd hear me and wake up, but I had no luck. "Please unnie.. Just do something.. Move your fingers so I know you can hear me.." I gasped slightly as I felt her hand grip tightly to mine. "Unnie.." I began to cry even more. I curled up in my chair and kept my eyes closed but my hand didn't leave her tight grip.

"L.. Lizzy.." I heard a quiet, very weak voice.

I looked up. Nana's eyes were open slightly. She managed a small smile.

"Jinah unnie.. I was so worried.." I started.

"Don't worry about me.. I'll be fine.. I promise.." She said weakly.

"I thought you were going to leave me.." I sobbed.

"I'd never do that.. I won't let myself die.. Not when I have you.." She said, then she pulled me closer slowly and our lips met.

"I love you so much unnie.." I whispered.

"I love you too.. I'll never let you go.." She whispered back.

We spent a long time together until the others came in and after they spoke to Nana they took me back home so I could rest.