14

The New Girl

Nana's P.O.V

It was the day of the performance. We all gathered backstage and looked at each other nervously as Kahi passed a mic to us all. Raina was looking very guilty, she'd sustained a wrist injury and could no longer poledance.

"Well.. Time to improvise whilst we sort Raina's wrist out.. Okay.. Uhh.." Kahi looked around at us. "One of you go talk to people."

Jung-Ah instantly went out and I heard silence as Jung-Ah began to speak. She seemed to work well with the audience. I peeked my head out through the curtain and saw Lizzy was up on stage too.

"So Lizzy, tell us about yourself whilst we wait for the others." Jung-Ah said.

"Uhh.. My real name is Park Soo-Young.. And I moved here from Busan.. My parents travel to New York a lot and I study English.." Lizzy said shyly.

"Got any close friends since you came here Lizzy?" Jung-Ah asked.

Lizzy nodded. "I'm close with Raina.. And Nana."

"We've heard that Raina is injured, so.." Jung-Ah spoke louder. "Would Nana like to come out please?"

I slowly emerged from behind the curtains and the audience clapped. I introduced myself to the audience.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Nana~" I said, bowing.

"So Nana. Tell us about yourself." Said Jung-Ah. "And make it interesting." She added.

"Well, I'm a fashion model, when I'm not busy doing school work I'm usually doing fashion shoots. I've been in a lot of famous magazines. I also live in a mansion with Lizzy and a few others. I see that some of you in the audience are interested already, but I'm taken." I said.

The audience laughed at my last comment and I smiled.

"Does anyone want to ask a question to Nana or Lizzy?" Jung-Ah said. "If not, we'll go and prepare for our performance."

Surprisingly a lot of the audience put their hands up. I saw a lot of boys from our classes with their hands up too. There were a lot of boring questions, mostly about Lizzy's English and what magazines people could find me in. Then there was one question.

"Can I ask who Nana is with?" A boy asked.

Jung-Ah looked over at me worriedly. I looked over at Lizzy and she shrugged.

"I.. Uhh.. I'd prefer to keep that quiet for now." I said slowly.

After that all the questions were over and we went back to prepare ourselves.

 

Lizzy's P.O.V

I went and sat in the crowd again then I watched as the curtains opened and the dancing began. Everyone in the audience was silent, completely hypnotized by the entire performance. After the performance when everyone was leaving I went to see what was going on backstage.

"You did well~" I whispered to Nana, pulling her closer.

She smiled and cuddled close to me. "Thanks cute Lizzy~" She was about to kiss me when Kahi came in looking very happy.

"It turns out there was a scout in the crowd.. You know the ones that recruit people into agencies? They're interested in you girls." Kahi said.

There were a lot of excited gasps and a few "I'm going to be famous!" yells.

"Appa, can't we just talk about this on Monday in dance class, I'm tired.." Nana groaned.

"That's the only thing I know anyway.." Kahi said, then she turned to the others. "You're all dismissed, well done for tonight."

We all sleepily walked back to Kahi's car and got in and Kahi drove us back to Nana's house. As soon as we got there we all went into our rooms and flopped down on our beds. We heard nothing from each other from the entire night.. Apart from the occasional noise from Kahi and Jung-Ah's room.

"What do you think they're doing in there?" I asked Nana.

"...I don't want to imagine.." Nana mumbled, pulling me closer as she slowly began to fall asleep.

I closed my eyes too and soon enough I fell asleep aswell.