19

The New Girl

Nana's P.O.V

When I woke up everyone was gone. I didn't know where Lizzy was, but she wasn't supposed to be at school. I was too lazy to shout so instead I got up and weakly limped to the stairs, then I slid down carefully on my bum. I saw Lizzy sat on the couch watching TV.

"Unnie, why didn't you say you were awake?!" She got up quickly and ran over to me.

"I didn't know where you were."  I said.

"Where else would I be? It's not like I can go anywhere.." She said, putting me in the wheelchair.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked.

"Since the others left.." She said. "Oh, that reminds me, I need to tell you something." She took me into the living room and I slid out of the wheelchair onto the couch next to her.

"You need more sleep.." I said, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"I always wake up early." She said. "Anyway, Kahi is planning a surprise."

"..Will it involve cake and ice cream?" I asked.

She giggled. "Probably. She's taking Jung-Ah out for dinner, then she's gonna propose to her, then they'll come back and we'll throw a giant party."

"..But who has the cake?" I asked.

"We can go and buy some if you like." She said, my hair.

"We have to walk past the school though." I said, looking up at her.

"It doesn't matter. Everyone knows we're off for obvious reasons. Now come on, lets get you dressed." She said.

 

Lizzy's P.O.V

We were walking past the school when we saw Jung-Ah, E-Young and Kaeun sat on the grass in front of the school.

"Unnies!" Kaeun yelled.

They ran over to us.

"Where are you going?" Jung-Ah asked.

"To the shop.. Nana wants ice cream." I said.

"We want ice cream too.." E-Young said.

"It's too hot." Kaeun groaned.

"Where's Kahi?" I asked.

"The school doesn't need her today so she went to the gym for the entire day." Jung-Ah said.

"Lizzy, I want ice cream~" Nana squealed.

"See you later unnies.." E-Young said as the bell went, then they left and I kept pushing Nana along in the wheelchair.

We reached the store and Nana chose her ice cream, then we got a really big cake then went back home. Nana fell asleep on the way back, I was too tired to take her upstairs so I put her on the couch. I went into the kitchen and put the cake and ice cream in the fridge, then I got my laptop and sat next to the sleeping Nana.

 

A few hours passed and Nana began to wake up. E-Young, Kaeun and Bekah were back from school and were all upstairs. Jung-Ah and Kahi were out.

"I'm hungry.. Where's the ice cream.." She mumbled.

"I'll get it for you." I said, putting my laptop down.

I went into the kitchen and took the ice cream out of the fridge, got a spoon and went back to Nana.

"How cold is it?" She asked.

"How am I supposed to know? It's been in the fridge." I said, handing her the ice cream.

"Quite cold then." She said then started eating.

A few minutes later I got a text from Kahi.

"We are coming back, she said yes ^^"

"Stop eating the ice cream, we have to get the food ready." I said, then I yelled up the stairs. "They're coming back, help us prepare!"

The others ran down the stairs and together we prepared the food and made everything look nice. Then we turned all the lights off and hid. We heard the door open and we all jumped out (or in Nana's case, crawled out).

"CONGRATULATIONS!" We all yelled, then we had a group hug.

We spent the rest of the night celebrating and only went to bed quite late.