17

The New Girl

Lizzy's P.O.V

The next day we had to go back to school, when people saw Nana wasn't in rumours started to spread.

"I bet that Lizzy killed her.." I heard someone say.

I frowned and was about to retaliate when Raina came over. "Lizzy~"

"Annyeong unnie.." I sighed.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Everyone thinks that Nana's dead.." I said.

"..What happened to her? Everyone who was stuck in that really big traffic jam last night says that they saw Jung-Ah, Kaeun, E-Young and our teacher Kahi running through the cars to the accident.. " Raina said.

"She.. She lost control of her motorbike.. I think I distracted her and she went into the rail then flipped off.." I said slowly, trying not to cry.

"Oh.. Is she okay?" Raina asked. I noticed she looked quite concerned.

"She's in a stable condition but she's really weak.. She won't be here for a while.." I said.

"Is it okay if I tell other people?" She asked.

I nodded. "They'll find out sooner or later.."

"I hope she gets better soon, stay strong Lizzy." Said Raina, then she patted my head and smiled then went over to Jooyeon.

I went over to Jung-Ah who was sat with Kahi and E-Young.

"Kahi unnie are you allowed to be here?" I asked.

Kahi shrugged. "I don't know, I'm leaving in a sec anyway, I have forms to fill in. I'll see you all later~" Then she left.

 

Narrator's P.O.V

The next month was one of the worst of Lizzy's life. She was so lonely without having Nana with her, her cravings were getting worse and she became even more moody. The others tried to cheer her up but it was no use. Lizzy would sit in her room crying for hours. Now it was summer break and Lizzy couldn't stand being without Nana.

"I just want her back.." Lizzy sighed.

"She'll be back soon.. Everything will be fine.. I promise.." Jung-Ah said, hugging Lizzy tight. "They already said she was recovering faster than they expected."

Lizzy spent the majority of her days sat in her room, staring at the place where Nana would usually be on the bed. One day, they got a call from the hospital. The others decided to surprise Lizzy to make her happier.

 

Lizzy's P.O.V

Jung-Ah called me downstairs to come eat dinner. I slowly walked down the stairs sadly. Today was the second month that I hadn't seen Nana because the hospital wouldn't let me see her because of the baby. I walked past the window and saw Kahi sat by the pool with someone in a wheelchair who I didn't quite recognise.

"Who's Kahi talking to?" I asked.

"One of her old friends from another school." Jung-Ah said.

I sat at the table and ate my dinner, then went and sat on the couch. Before I could go back upstairs, E-Young and Kaeun grabbed me.

"Unnie, let's watch a movie together!" They both said together.

They lead me to the couch and I sat down with them. We started watching an action movie but I ended up falling asleep in the middle of it. A few hours later, I woke up and the entire room was dark. I could hear someone else breathing but I thought that it was E-Young or Kaeun. I closed my eyes again and the light , I thought that this time it was Kahi or Jung-Ah coming to carry me to my room but I heard something moving across the room, like wheels..

"Lizzy~" Said a voice.

I opened my eyes slowly to see Nana sat infront of me in a wheelchair.

"UNNIE!" I screamed with happiness. "It's really you?!"

She nodded and smiled. "I missed you so much Lizzy.." She weakly lifted herself from the wheelchair and limped over to me. I sat up and she sat next to me and hugged me tightly.

"I missed you too unnie.. It's been so painful without you.." I sobbed.

"I'll never leave you again.. I promise.." She said, my hair.

We sat in silence for a while and just hugged each other. I noticed that Nana was yawning.

"Come on unnie, I'll take you upstairs to bed." I said.

I picked her up slowly and carried her upstairs and put her down on the bed carefully.

"Undress me.." She said weakly.

I carefully pulled off all her clothes. "Underwear too?" I asked.

She nodded. I pulled off her underwear gently then I lay down next to her. She hugged me tightly again.

"I love you so much Lizzy.." She said. "Don't ever leave me.."

"I love you too.. I promise I won't go anywhere.." I whispered, kissing her forehead.

We fell asleep that night holding onto each other and slept well into the day still unmoving.