18

The New Girl

Nana's P.O.V

"Please let me come with you, I 'll be so bored.." I groaned, looking up at Lizzy who was dressing me.

"You haven't had enough rest yet." She said.

"I've been here for a month! It's boring!" I whined.

"Fine then, but when you're tired and want to go home it's your own fault." She muttered, then started brushing my hair.

When we were done in my room, Lizzy carried me downstairs and put me in the wheelchair and took me to the kitchen and gave me breakfast. Jung-Ah came in.

"Are you coming to school today?" She asked.

I nodded. "Finally."

"It's been so boring without you, and everyone still thinks you're dead." Jung-Ah said.

"Who told them I was dead?" I asked.

"I don't know. Rumours spread quickly I guess." She said. "Anyway, you're done with breakfast and we're almost ready to go now."

Jung-Ah took me outside where Kahi was waiting and they helped me into the car. A few minutes later Lizzy, E-Young and Kaeun got in with the school bags.

 

We made it to school and Kahi and Jung-Ah helped me out of the car into my wheelchair. As soon as I entered the school grounds I heard a lot of yelling.

"SHE'S NOT DEAD!"

"NANA'S BACK!"

Lizzy took me inside quickly and we went to our form room. Only Raina and her friends were there.

"I have to go get some books from the library unnie, stay there." She said, kissing my forehead. Then she left.

Raina and her friends came over. "Lizzy told me what happened." Raina said.

"It wasn't exactly my brightest moment.." I mumbled. "Lizzy thinks it's her fault but it isn't."

"She said she thought she distracted you." Raina said.

"She didn't. It's hard to remember what happened.. I can remember falling then hitting the floor then nothing." I said.

"Well.. It's good to see you back.." Raina said, the others nodded in agreement. "And also Nana, I think we should put that stupid argument behind us. I think that we would get along quite well.. And also Lizzy wouldn't have to be used as a tug of war game every time we have to go in groups."

I smiled slightly. "That would be nice."

We spoke for a while, then some of the boys came in.

"Oh look, it's Nana." Said one of them. "She's not dead after all."

They began to approach. "And she's with the hamster girl too."

"I'm not a hamster.." Raina growled.

The one called Kris picked Raina up and moved her to the side and Raina's friends quickly backed away.

"Go away Kris." I said calmly.

"Why? Where's that weird dorky girl that's always with you?" Kris asked, smirking.

"Lizzy's at the library.." I mumbled.

"I don't see how anyone would like her.. How did she get pregnant? She never talks to any boys." Kris' friend Tao said.

"Just leave her alone." I said.

"You never used to care about anyone. Then that dork came along and now you're always with her. You should've seen her when you weren't here, all she did was sit on her own or with that new P.E teacher and cry." Kris said. "She seems really whiny and clingy."

I lost my temper and got up from my wheelchair and hit Kris in the face as hard as I could. I heard a loud crack.

"MY JAW!" Kris screamed.

"Why the hell did you do that you-" Tao started, but then Raina kicked him in the back of the legs and he fell and hit his head on the table and passed out.

"Take your friend and get out.." I growled, then I collapsed into my wheelchair.

 

Lizzy's P.O.V

I entered the form room to find Raina and her friends surrounding Nana.

"Lizzy." Raina said. "Kris and Tao said bad thngs about you so we hit them."

"..Is Nana okay?" I asked.

Raina moved to the side and I saw Nana who was asleep.

"After she hit Kris she just sat down and went to sleep." Said Jooyeon.

I went over to Nana and gently shook her. "Unnie, wake up."

Nana opened her eyes slowly and looked at me. "I want to go home again.."

I sighed. "We had this discussion before we left. You aren't ready to come back yet, you're already tired and you've only been here for twenty minutes."

"Tell Kahi to take me home.." She mumbled.

"Kahi is busy though." I said.

Nana groaned loudly. "Why?"

I shrugged. "I have to leave at lunch anyway. I need to go to hospital."

"Take me with you." She said.

"You have to come anyway." I said.

The bell went and everyone came in and sat in their places. The teacher followed shortly after. And started telling us the events of the week. I noticed that a lot of people were looking at Nana.

"All of the girls who did the performance on Friday, Kahi would like to see you all because there is guest here." Said the teacher.

The bell went and I took Nana out quickly and people were looking at us in the corridor too. The others had to run to catch up and we got to Kahi's office. Jung-Ah put her face up against the window and Kahi invited us in. There was a man in a suit in there.

"They are here now." Kahi said as we entered.

"There are more than before.. There are eight." The man said.

"Uhhm.. I w-was meant to be th-there.. But I c-couldn't d-dance so I s-sat in the c-crowd and w-watched.." I said quietly.

"Can you sing?" The man asked.

I nodded. "M-My voice w-was recorded th-there.. One of the others lip synced my part.."

"Why couldn't you perform there if you don't mind me asking?" He asked.

I pointed to my pregnant stomach which was huge by now. "I'm a-almost due.."

The man nodded. "And I also see one of you is in a wheelchair."

Nana nodded. "Motorbike accident.. I'll be fine soon."

"The rest seem to be fine. Anyway, I'm a scout of an agency that hasn't been named yet. We have a few people training already but we're looking for a girl group with power and you girls seem to have it." Said the man. "After your performance, I was amazed. I've never seen anything as great. In a couple of weeks time we would like you all to come to a meeting at our building." He showed us where it was on his ipad. "Thank you for your time, now I have another meeting to go to." Then he rushed out.

Everyone was talking about it, but I heard snoring. I looked at Nana and saw she was sleeping.

"Yah, unnie wake up!" I yelled in her ear.

Nana almost fell out of her wheelchair. "Don't shout at me!"

"You are all dismissed, please make your way to your lessons apart from Lizzy, Nana and Jung-Ah." Kahi said.

The others left, leaving me, Nana and Jung-Ah with Kaeun.

"Who is taking you to hospital later Lizzy?" Kahi asked.

I shrugged. "I was going to get the bus.."

"I'll take you then. And I guess Nana is coming with you too?" Kahi said, looking at Nana who was almost asleep again.

I nodded. "I think she just wants to go home and sleep though."

Kahi smiled. "I'll come and get you two at lunch."

I left with Nana and we went to our first class which was art. I was doing my work when I heard snoring next to me.

"...Wake up." I said,  poking Nana's head.

Nana opened her eyes and looked at me sleepily. "I want to go home."

"You can't. You have to do your work." I said.

"I need the toilet." Nana mumbled, then she started to move her wheelchair backwards.

"Uhhm.. T-Teacher! Please may I take Nana to the bathroom?" I asked the teacher. "She c-can't go on her own.."

The teacher nodded and I took Nana out.

"Hurry up.." Nana mumbled.

"I can't walk fast if you haven't noticed already.." I said.

 

Jung-Ah's P.O.V

I watched as Nana and Lizzy left then carried on with my work. The teacher came over.

"Miss Kim, do you know when Lizzy will be leaving us for a while?" She asked.

"Uhhm.. In a few weeks I think." I said. "Nana will be gone too I think.. But she wasn't really ready to come back to school yet."

The teacher walked away and I saw Kahi walk past with a girl. She looked like a student but I still felt jealous.

A few minutes later, Lizzy returned with Nana and both of them looked quite angry.

"What happened?" I asked Nana.

"She kept yelling at me.." Nana grumbled.

"You know she doesn't mean it, she's having mood swings." I said. "And also, have you seen Kahi? She's walking around with another girl.."

"Don't jump to conclusions. Kahi isn't the type who would cheat." Nana said, pushing her work towards Lizzy.

"I'm not doing your work for you!" Lizzy yelled.

They started arguing and I sighed and carried on with my work.

 

Nana's P.O.V

As soon as lunch started Lizzy started to look for Kahi. She was still in a bad mood.

"If you fall asleep whilst we're at the hospital.. I'll.." She mumbled, then stopped.

"..You'll what?" I asked, frowning.

"Shush." She said, then I saw Kahi walking with a girl.

Kahi unnie!" Lizzy yelled.

Kahi ran over and the girl followed. "Lizzy, wait there a sec, I need to take Bekah to the outside area."

I watched as Kahi and the girl Bekah went up some stairs, then Kahi came back. Just as we were leaving E-Young ran up behind us.

"I want to come too!" She squealed.

We went to Kahi's car and E-Young and Kahi helped me in. We sat in silence for a while, then I tried to talk to Lizzy.

"..Lizzy~" I said, pulling her closer.

"What." She said, glaring at me.

"I'm sorry that I keep falling asleep and doing stupid stuff. I'll stay at home tomorrow." I said. Even though I hadn't done anything wrong, my appa taught me whenever a pregnant girl was mad you had to apologise even if you hadn't done anything wrong.

"You really mean it?" She smiled slightly.

I nodded. "I promise I'll be nice to you and do what you say from now on."

She pulled me into a tight hug and giggled. "You're so cute~"

I smiled and her hair. We arrived at the hospital.

 

Kaeun's P.O.V

Me and Jung-Ah were sat outside when we saw a girl walk onto the yard and sit on a bench near us.

"She was the one who was with Kahi.." Jung-Ah whispered.

The girl looked at us and smiled slightly.

"I think she looks kind." I mumbled.

"I'll try to talk to her.." Jung-Ah whispered, then she went over and I watched as Jung-Ah introduced herself.

After a while Jung-Ah pointed in my direction, then the girl nodded and she came and sat over here. Jung-Ah came back and smiled triumphantly.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Kaeun." I said, bowing slightly.

"Nice to meet you Kaeun, I'm Bekah." Said the girl.

We spent the rest of lunch talking to each other, then the bell went.

"I.. I don't know where I'm supposed to be. Kahi was supposed to be showing me around but she had to leave." Bekah said.

"Uh.. I don't think Kahi will be coming back, she went to the hospital with some friends of mine, just come with us." Jung-Ah said.

So we went to maths class together and spent the afternoon talking. Jung-Ah was on her phone in maths.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I'm asking Lizzy how it went." She said.

"Is Lizzy at home?" I asked, frowning.

She nodded, then read a text. "Lizzy isn't coming back into school for a while, she says she's due next week."

"..Who's Lizzy?" Bekah asked.

"Uhhm.. You know the girl in the wheelchair everyone likes to talk about?" I said.

Bekah nodded. "..She's called Nana, I think.."

"It's her girlfriend." I said.

"..I think that Kahi told me about them once.." Bekah said. "You all seem to know a lot about each other."

"We all live together." Jung-Ah said. "At first it was just me and Nana, then we met Kaeun and our other friend E-Young, then we met Lizzy and Kahi last year. You're welcome to come over, Nana doesn't mind."

"My parents are still in Hawaii getting some stuff, so I guess I'll come over after school.." Bekah said.

 

Lizzy's P.O.V

"You are the worst monopoly player ever, you always cheat." Kahi said, looking at Nana.

"I don't cheat!" Nana squealed.

"You haven't been in jail once though and we've been playing for two hours and you own half of the houses already." I said.

Just then, Jung-Ah came in with Kaeun and Bekah.

"Unnie!" Nana squealed, then she leaped out of her wheelchair at Jung-Ah.

"Be careful!" Jung-Ah said as she caught Nana. "You're supposed to be crippled in a wheelchair."

"It's fine. I won't be in this wheelchair for long." Nana said as Jung-Ah put her back in the wheelchair.

"We bought Bekah with us because we knew you wouldn't mind." Said Kaeun, patting Nana's head.

"It's always nice to have a new guest. How long are you staying for?" Nana moved her wheelchair away from the table and went over to Bekah.

"Uhhm.. Probably just tonight.. My parents will be back tomorrow." Bekah said.

"You can stay as long as you like, I don't mind." Nana said.

Bekah smiled. "Thanks."

"Lizzy-ah~" Nana turned around and looked at me. "I'm tired."

I got up slowly and waddled to Nana and wheeled her into the hall, then I picked her up and carried her upstairs and put her on her bed.

"Can't you undress yourself?" I asked.

"It's better when you do it." Nana said, smirking as I undressed her.

I put her under the covers and she fell asleep almost instantly.

"Sleep well.." I whispered, kissing her forehead.