1

The New Girl

Nana's P.O.V

"Banana~" Jung-Ah cooed in her fail engrish.

"Do you have to call me that?" I groaned, looking at Jung-Ah.

"It's cute." She said, giggling.

"You can't even say it properly though."

"Neither can you." She said smugly.

"Don't make fun of my english." I hissed.

"Girls, what seems to be the problem?" The teacher looked over at us both.

"She'scallingmeabanana." I said quickly before Jung-Ah could speak.

"Only in a-"

"That's enough. Get on with your work." The teacher looked back down at the work he was marking.

Jung-Ah glared at me and I smirked. "I win." I whispered.

 

Lizzy's P.O.V

"Is there anything else you want to be called?" The headmaster asked.

"I p-prefer to be c-called Lizzy.." I mumbled shyly.

"Okay, welcome to our school then Lizzy. Here's your timetable, Raina will be guiding you until you get used to it here." Said the headteacher, then he let me leave.

The girl called Raina was waiting outside for me. "Hello."

"Hi.." I replied shyly.

"I'm Raina. But I'm guessing you already knew that." She said.

I nodded. "I'm Lizzy.."

"Nice to meet you." She said, smiling. "Now let's go. We've only just missed the first five minutes of history."

We walked down the corridors in silence, not wanting to disturb the other classes. When we got to the room Raina suddenly grabbed me.

"W-What?" I stuttered.

"You'll be sat next to Jinah. She's the most popular girl in the school. Don't talk to her." Raina said seriously.

"Why not..?" I asked.

"..You'll know soon.." She mumbled and we walked into the classroom.

"We're sorry we're late, teacher! I had to collect Lizzy from the headmaster's office and bring her here." Raina said loudly, making everyone in the room almost fall out of their seats.

"Oh.. That's alright.." The teacher mumbled, then he looked up at me. "Sit next to Jinah. That's the only seat left in the room, but if you feel uncomfortable there we can make ajustments to the seating plan."

I nodded slowly and walked to my seat and sat down. The girl, Jinah, wasn't even taking notice of anything when I sat down.

"Okay, enough working in silence. You make work in pairs with the person sitting next to you." Said the teacher.

Jinah looked up at me. "..You are?"

"Lizzy.." I mumbled.

"Are you smart?" She asked.

"I g-guess so.. Do you want me to help you with your work?" I asked, looking at her shyly.

She nodded, then passed her sheet to me. I read through it and started to work. I noticed that Jinah was staring quite a lot so I tried not to mess up.

"You're cute."

"..Excuse me?"

"You heard me. I said you're cute." Said Jinah.

"I'm not cute." I said, blushing slightly.

"You are. Yah, Jung-Ah~" Jinah poked the girl infront of her and she turned around. "Isn't Lizzy cute?"

The girl stared at me then nodded. "Cute."

"See." Jinah said, grinning.

"Y-You're just saying that.." I mumbled.

"I don't lie." Jinah said.

"It's true. Banana doesn't lie." Jung-Ah said.

"..Banana?" I asked, puzzled.

"It's noth-"

"She makes people call her Nana but I call her Banana. Nana the banana." Jung-Ah said.

"But Jinah doesn't look like a banana.." I said, looking at Jinah.

"Exactly. Cute Lizzy agrees with me." Said Jinah.

"I'm not c-" I started.

"Yes you are. Now shh." Jinah said, then she leant in closer. "Or else.."

I shivered slightly, then I heard footsteps behind me.

"What are you doing to her." It was Raina.

"We're just talking. I would never hurt cute Lizzy~" Jinah said.

"If you touch her, you're dead.." Raina growled, then she went back to her seat.

"She's a violent girl." Jung-Ah said.

"She punched me once because I stole her sandwich." Jinah mumbled, glaring at Raina.

"I have to stay with Raina unnie though.." I said.

"She's your unnie?" Jinah asked.

I nodded. "I was born in 1992.."

"That means we're your unnies too." Said Jung-Ah.

"That makes cute Lizzy even cuter~" Jinah giggled.

"I'm not cute." I sighed.

The bell went and Raina quickly ran over and lead me away from Jinah and Jung-Ah.

"See you later cute Lizzy!" Jinah yelled from across the room.

I stared at the floor and I felt my cheeks burning.

"I told you not to talk to her.." Raina said, sighing.

"I didn't want to come across as ignorant.." I said.

"Do you know what you've got yourself into?" Raina asked, looking at me.

I shook my head.

"Jung-Ah and Jinah are bad people.. Very bad." Raina said.

"But why?" I asked.

"You'll find out, whether it's the easy way or the hard way.." Raina said, then we left the classroom and went out for lunch.