XOXO 26

Baby Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Suho looked outside the window when he heard the sound of car engine enter his territory. Then he turned his head to Sora. “He’s here.” Joonmi make a sad face. “It’s still early for you to leave. Can’t you want till dinner?” Sora smiled. “I promise I will visit you again. Besides, I can go to your café.”

Joonmi just nodded and patted Sora’s back. “Okay. That’s enough for me.” Suho went to open the door for Luhan and then both of them walked together to the living room. “Where’s Hyunmi?” Sora lifted her head. “Upstairs. I’ll go get her.” She stood up and walked away followed by Joonmi.

Luhan just watched her walking away. He noticed that her voice were back like they used to be when they first stay together. Distance and like there’s a barrier between them.

Sora grabbed their stuff as Joonmi hold Hyunmi and both of them walked downstairs. Luhan have a chat with Suho and when they saw the ladies approaching them, both of them stood up and Luhan shakes hand with Suho before leaving. Sora thanks the siblings and followed Luhan to his car. Luhan put their bag on his car before opened the door for Sora since she was holding Hyunmi.

      Suho and his sister waved their hands as Luhan’s car drift away out from their territory. All the way, the car fill with silence and no conversation made between them. When they stopped at the traffic light, Luhan will steal a glance at her, but Sora could pay attention on Hyunmi or on the road except him.

      Deep down, Luhan knows that Sora felt dejected with his behavior. Once they arrive, Luhan get off from his driver seat and took out all Sora’s and Hyunmi’s bag from his trunk. Sora just eyed him and walked inside together.

      Luhan kept eyeing the entire house to make sure there’s nothing weird. When he sure everything is on it places, he climbed upstairs to Hyunmi’s bedroom. Sora already put her inside her baby crib as the little girl just sat there playing with her plushy.

      “How does it been in Suho’s house?” Luhan asked as he caressed Hyunmi’s cheek. The baby girl just smiled seeing him and that make him happier seeing that smile. “Everything is okay. Nothing for you to worried.” Sora answered casually as she arranged Hyunmi’s stuff in her pink cupboard.

Luhan knows that even though she talked normally, he sounds different...and should he add, distance. Luhan approached her and hugged her from behind. Sora stopped doing what she’s doing. “Luhan, don’t…” “I miss you.” Luhan cut her words.

Sora closed her eyes trying to breathe calmly. It’s true that hearing Luhan said that make her happy, but it took so much for her to not having such a hope. There is no way she could put up such a dream of being happy with him.

“So, what did you renovating while I’m at Suho’s place?” she’s trying to change the subject and Luhan knew that. “It didn’t work out. They just come here to look at the entire house first, and then they will come here again.” He answered while his chin on her shoulder.

“Oh. Okay.” She just nodded. “Emm, Luhan…”
“Hmm?”
“Where do you gonna live when you’re married? Are you going to bring your fiancé here live in this house?” she asked as she stared to space.
Luhan sighed and pulled away from the hug before turned her around to face him.
“Why are you asking me that question? Tell me, what’s in your mind Park Sora?” Luhan asked firmly.
“Well… I don’t know. Soon you will get married and live your life with Jessica. I’m just asking question. It doesn’t matter if you don’t want to answer it. I know… It’s not my business.” She said and was about to walk away but Luhan grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

“Can you please stop doing this?” Luhan asked annoyed.
“Doing what?” Sora didn’t get what Luhan accused her.
“Stop…this…whatever you are trying to do. Asking me questions about my marriage, about my…”
“Okay, fine. I will not ask anything anymore.” Sora argued back. “I know who I am and my places, Luhan. I just…”
“Just what?” Luhan raised his voice. “I don’t know what’s wrong with you until you become like this. You making me feel guilty...”
Sora nodded. “Which one that’s making you feel guilty? When you were giving me hope while we’re in China or when you are acting cold to me so suddenly?”

Luhan become speechless.

“Luhan, please… You are getting married. I don’t want to keep a hope that will never be granted. For once I need you to think about what we are doing. Think about Jessica.” She sounds like begging to him. Jessica is a nice woman and she didn’t deserve all of this.

Sora wants to walk away but Luhan grabbed her hand this time and pulled her close to him. He cupped her face. “You know I can’t lose you and Hyunmi.” Sora smiled weakly and pushed down his hands softly. “You won’t lose Hyunmi. She’s your daughter, remember? I will not separate her from you. But you need to try with me.”

Luhan shakes his head with closed eyes can’t accept what Sora have said. She just wants him to start practicing himself being distance from her.

“No I can’t.”
“Yes you can.”
“No!”
“Luhan…” she whispered with tears start to pool in her eyes. Luhan looked at her face.

“I’m sure you can do it. Besides, there is no guarantee about us.” Sora said calmly. “What do you meant?” Luhan confused.

Sora breathes softly.

“You didn’t even say that you love me.” She whispered with one tear fall to her cheek. Luhan grew speechless. Sora bite her lips and took the chance to walked out from Hyunmi’s room, leave Luhan alone in his own thought.

 

 

Days passed and its 2 weeks left until Luhan’s wedding. Time seems like moving too fast.

Sora tried her best to avoid Luhan and Luhan too didn’t make any move to approach her. They will talk when is needed. It is about Hyunmi all anything necessary about Sora couldn’t get home early because of too much work or vice versa because someone need to take Hyunmi at Suho’s or D.O’s place.

It’s almost midnight and Luhan was sitting in his office in their house. He keeps thinking about what Sora have said to him.

“Luhan, please. You are getting married. I don’t want to keep a hope that will never be granted. For once I need you to think about what we are doing. Thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter