"Early Morning Surprise"

Love is Patient, Love is Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ae Sook was getting her books from her locker, feeling better since she took some rest, but the tired look on her face didn't go unseen; she just smiled it off, grinning to herself while thinking about what would happen later. She couldn't wait to see him. She got what she needed, grabbing some of her notebooks and putting it carefully inside her bag. Ae Sook heard a small chuckle behind her, making her spine tingle, and the presence was quite familiar. She smiled and closed her locker, hiding a small giggle while she turned back. When she looked back, no one was there.

Strange. She tilted her head as she couldn't help but frown, preparing to turn around once again. That was weird.

Once she got her attention to the front, a warm smile greeted her, the person in front of her leaning on her own locker, getting her full attention. She smiled as well, waving her hand, while saying, "Good morning," with a shy voice. Another chuckle was let out.

"Good morning," the person greeted, the smile on that person's face widening as Ae Sook smiled like there was no tomorrow. "I hope you slept well."

She wanted to just keep on staring at that person's face, to spend a day to memorize all details one by one. She wanted to, but she hoped she could if she didn't have to be sick. If she didn't have this sickness...

If only.

"I slept well," she replied, mirroring that person's smile. "How about you, Kai? I hope you slept well." Ae Sook questioned him with a hopeful glint in her eyes, and that said person, who was in fact Kai, nodded as he laughed, assuring her that he did.

"I slept well, but...you didn't reply?" He looked at her expectantly, putting his hands in his pockets.

Reply?

"Reply?" Ae Sook's eyebrows furrowed as she tilted her head with a confused expression. "You texted me again?"

"At 3:30 am, actually." Kai chuckled, shrugging that thought off. "But don't worry, I think you slept-"

"-Wait!" She panicked, feeling her front pockets to find her phone. Her eyes buldged out as she felt the back pockets of her jeans, until she searched for her phone inside her bag, not seeing anything but her books and other school related things. "Uhmmm...I-" she stopped talking as she fished out something with a wide grin. "Got it!"

Kai looked at her with an amused face, eyeing what she was doing as she continued to smile, typing something on her phone, probably something important to her.

"What are you doing?" Kai asked as she giggled slightly, looking up at him with glistening eyes. He continued to smile as she muttered something with another giggle.

"Done~" Ae Sook said happily, telling him to get his phone as well. "Check your phone!" The excited tone in her voice as she continued to laugh amused him greatly.

So she was like this when she was happy.

Kai kept it as a mental note to himself as he nodded like a baby, obeying her instructions as he fished his phone out of his pocket, unlocking his phone screen by typing his passcode.

His eyes widened as tears threatened to fall, and when he continued to stare at his phone screen, he prayed to God and hoped he wouldn't break slowly.

"You texted me?" He asked, his lips quivering, and when Ae Sook nodded with a big smile, he looked back and focused on the text.

 

Fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter