"Acceptance"

Love is Patient, Love is Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jongin! Listen to me! I’m your father!”  the said man bursted once again, hot flames practically escaping from his nose and travelling down to his son’s body, making him flinch.

“Just drop the act, dad.” His son scowled, emphasizing on the ‘dad’ part. He never felt his father love him. No, he didn’t love his son. Having another family with another woman didn’t prove it, obviously.

Jongin was rolling his eyes like there was no tomorrow. His father came back from his other girl’s house and came here just so that he could lecture him on what not to do for the nth time that day.

“How many times do I have to tell you to call me Kai, not Jongin. Who the hell made that name?! Why are you even calling me Jongin? It sounds awful coming from a bastard like you.” He scoffed at his dad, who was now gasping in horror at what he just said, and before his dad could speak again, Kai cut him off. “And you’re not my father! You call yourself a father?! HA! You’ve got to be kidding me!” He laughed sarcastically while running his fingers through his dark brown hair which was most of the time styled, but today was an exception.

“Jongin-” His father started, but stopped once he processed everything. “-I mean Kai, if that’s what you want me to call you- I still am your father eventhough I-”

“-Eventhough you cheated?!” Jongin screamed at him, tears now forming in his eyes. He clenched his fists in anger until his knuckles turned white. “After you cheated on mom, you still call yourself a damn father?!”

And then that was it. He couldn’t help but let his feelings take control until his tears flowed immensely, staining his cheeks. His tears kept on flowing, but that didn’t stop him from letting the truth slip out of his mouth.

“You know how mom felt? Have you ever seen her cry for days without coming out from her room, just locking herself inside without eating anything?! Huh?! Have you?!” He shouted. “HAVE YOU OR HAVE YOU NOT?! ANSWER ME, you son of a-”

SMACK!

Pain.

Kai felt pain.

He hit him.

His father hit him.

He hit Kai right in the face, which knocked him off from his position. And before Kai knew it, he was on the floor, still letting his tears flow down. He couldn’t stand properly anymore. The pain in his heart was enough to let him fall on his knees, not having much energy to stand on his own two feet again.

Although it hurt so much like he had just been stabbed in the chest countless of times, he still used his weak arms to prop himself up, using the floor as support.

He turned back slowly and wasn’t surprised to see his father glaring back at him, with his hands on either side of him, ready to give him more blows and lessons to learn from.

He scoffed once again, raising a brow when he said, “You’re just guilty aren’t you?” he asked his father who was just breathing heavily, still giving him that hard look. “You’re guilty. You know you’re wrong. You’re always wrong, you piece of useless trash.” Kai cussed under his breath, wiping the blood that dripped slowly from his open cut; from his cheek. “You just know how to use girls and let them be. You left mom for that girl?! That girl wants nothing from you but your money! She’s using you like how you used mom!!!”

“If you don’t shut up, I will-”

“-WHAT?!” Kai spat, bringing his fingers to the corner of his lips where blood dripped slightly. “You’ll do what?! Punch me again?! Kill me?! HUH?! WHAT?! TELL ME SO I CAN GET READY!!!” He yelled and he was pretty sure the whole neighborhood heard him, but he didn’t care less.

“You!” Kai pointed at him. “GET OUT OF HERE! You’re not welcome here! Why will I welcome an adulterer here in this house which used to be filled with happiness, joy, laughter…” Kai paused. “…and smiles?” he said, but more of a whisper rather than the booming voice he just had a few seconds ago.

“Kai, I know we can sort things out together, but only if you listen to me!” His father pleaded, making his way to Kai, while stretching his hand to get a hold of his son’s face which was now bleeding, all because of him.

His father couldn’t believe it. He touched his own son.

Even laying a finger on his son was wrong enough,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter