True reason

My life as an idol

Ahyeon's POV

"You sure you'll be alright?" Yongguk asked me.
"I don't know... but you can't exactly stay here forever." I smiled lightly. I felt surprisingly free after talking to him about it. "Go, it's fine. Thank you for being there. It really helped."
"Okay, then." He slowly bent down and kissed me lightly. "You take care, you hear?" He smiled.
"Yeah, I will." I nodded and closed the door. I slowly walked to my room, feeling numb all over.
I managed to climb up to my bed and lied down, thinking. My phone beeped with messages. I opened my phone, and suddenly stopped. The display picture was of me and Daehyun. Our best one.
"Aish, Jung Daehyun." I cried. "Why do you make things so difficult?!"

Yongguk's POV

Okay, I'll have to admit that this was a bit too weird.
I mean, as Ahyeon's best friend, Daehyun should be happy for her.
Even though I know the reason why Daehyun didn't want her to be with me was because of something that happened to her, it was still all too weird.
We've known each other for more a year, me and him.
He should know that I would never do that to Ahyeon.
"Argh, Jung Daehyun, I don't get you sometimes..." I shook my head and walked into my apartment. The other guys were watching a scary movie. They all waved. I smiled and walked back to my room. I needed to think.
"Yongguk." I turned around. It was Himchan.
"Yeah?" I turned back around to find something.
"Did Ahyeon tell you what happened?"
"Yeah, she did."
"Don't you think Daehyun's overreacting a bit?"
I stared at him in surprise. "You think so too, Himchan?"
"Yeah. I mean, it's weird. He knows perfectly well that you wouldn't do any of those kind of things to her." Himchan sighed.
"I can understand if he's worried. But really, hasn't Ahyeon like, grown more since what happened two years ago, this is not making any sense..."
"Yongguk, are you thinking-"
"Yes, I am, but Ahyeon said that I was wrong." I shook my head.
"Then Daehyun's hiding it." Himchan arched his eyebrows. "Something's off, Yongguk, and you know it."
"Look, we'll just leave it for now." I opened the door and walked out of the room.

"Urgh..." I woke up to the sound of plates clattering from the kitchen. It was late at night. 4 AM. I got up, annoyed as , and walked out of my room.
"Daehyun?" I rubbed my eyes. He was making himself a sandwich, his back towards me. He raised his hand to acknowledge my presence.
"What are you doing?" I asked him.
"Hungry." He muttered. I turned around to go back.
"Hyung?" He suddenly asked. I turned back around.
"Hyung, about Ahyeon..." He looked away.
"What about her?" I arched my eyebrows.
"I, uh, it's nothing-" He said quickly and made to go out of the kitchen, but I grabbed his hand.
"Something you want to tell me, Daehyun?" I glared at him.
"Hyung, it's nothing." He tried to loosen my grip. I pushed him back into the kitchen.
"YAH!" He shouted angrily. I glared at him.
"Daehyun, I know what happened. Why?"
"What do you mean?" He asked, looking confused. Or maybe pretending to.
"What do I mean? I mean when you tried to talk Ahyeon into breaking up with me, that's what I mean!" I shouted angrily.
"Hyung, that wasn't my intention-" He glared back at me.
"Oh really?! Really, I find that so easy to believe!" I said sarcastically.
"Hyung-" He said slowly. By then, the other members had come to the kitchen and watched the scene with mixed reactions.
"You know I would never hurt her like that! I would never scare her like that!"
"Well, that's what you say!" He finally snapped. "How do you know whether you'll lose control of yourself-"
"Oh, you know me better than I do, huh?!" I yelled.
"Hyung, did you know she almost got ?! Did you?!" He yelled back. Me and Himchan were familiar with this but the other three weren't, and they stared at Daehyun in shock.
"Of course I know! But why try break us up, huh?"
"Because God knows what you could do! We've only known you for a year, but it's not enough! People can change-"
"Are you implying that he'll try to her?" Himchan asked coolly. Daehyun couldn't speak. His eyes widened in shock.
"You bastard!" I lunged at him.
"Hyung, no!" Zelo and Himchan grabbed me before I could kill that er.
"Daehyun, why? Why are you trying to ruin things?" Youngjae asked.
"Ruin things?!" He said angrily.
"Yah! I've only gotten really pissed off with ONE girl, and all I did was shout at her and tell her to off!" I yelled.
"Exactly! You could scare her!" Daehyun protested.
"Then you could have just told hyung to be gentle! Why are you physically getting in the way?!" Zelo argued.
"Hyung, what is your true motive?" Jongup asked. "Because the reason you're giving us is pure bull."
Daehyun's eyes moved left to right. Every one of us was glaring at him. Every one of us was against him.
"I just told you!" He shouted, but his eyes no longer had that adamant fire as they did before. As if he'd lost a battle.
"Bull." Zelo arched his eyebrows.
"Spill it." Himchan hissed, rather coldly.
"FINE! I LIKE AHYEON, OKAY?! THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR, HUH?!" He snapped. "I'LL ADMIT IT! I WAS UNHAPPY THAT HYUNG MADE A MOVE BEFORE I COULD! I WAS JEALOUS AND I TRIED TO BREAK THEM UP! I'M A CONCEITED LITTLE BASTARD, THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR, HUH?! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!"
A stunned silence filled the air, with the exception of Daehyun panting. Even though this was the answer I was expecting to hear, I hadn't expected a lengthy outburst. I looked at Daehyun. He looked as if he had lost all hope and strength. And he looked... sad.
He stomped past us out of the kitchen. We all stood rooted to the spot, unable to move. We heard the front door slam.
"..." I ran my fingers through my hair, feeling very guilty.
"Yongguk, don't feel guilty about this. What Daehyun did was wrong." Himchan assured me.
"He's right, hyung. Daehyun shouldn't have done that." Youngjae nodded.
"We were too harsh, aish..." I leaned against the wall.
"I'll go talk to him." Youngjae went back into his room and came out with a jacket. "I know where he goes."
"Shall we come too?" Himchan asked.
"No." I held out my hand. "Let Youngjae handle this."

URGHHHHH I FEEL BAD FOR DAEHYUN NOW EVEN THOUGH HE SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT.
Daehyun. Not cool.
...I'm getting bad at writing ):